OP
OP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
GT500 traps similar to a c6 zr1 from.. 2009. /golfclap
that would be sooo HORRIBLE... if it wasn’t for the fact that it also traps similar to the 20NINETEEN ZR1.

not the fact that... we’ll... the 2020 Corvette z51 traps 10 MPH SLOWER than an old corvette from 2009.

troll harder.
Sponsored

OP
OP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
When you average Camry will run with 60s muscle cars you know things have changed.

Hell even 500hp is considered average now. In 1996 500hp would cost your 20k for the engine. If you don’t have 700+ your going to gapplebees.

My question is what’s the upper limit? 2031 mustang 1500hp? 2000?
I imagine by then we will have either fully electric or at least electric assist across the board.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I think the competition will be great. It's about time Ford got something serious. The previous GT500 was really crude. Now, if they would just make it in a convertible. The weight of the GT500 is quite concerning, though. In convertible form it would be around 4500 lbs.

OP
OP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I think the competition will be great. It's about time Ford got something serious. The previous GT500 was really crude. Now, if they would just make it in a convertible. The weight of the GT500 is quite concerning, though. In convertible form it would be around 4500 lbs.
im thinking we may not see a convertible this gen. Weight increase is expected. But more for the purpose of the car. Ford seems to have a very focused vision.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I wouldn't say that the 500 crushed the C8 as my guess is the C8 will run much more consistent times as you could likely put a completely inexperienced driver in it and get those times. Regardless it is fast and the C8 Z06 is going to be ridiculous. That being said since when is the Corvette the competitor of the Mustang. It seems the other forum knows that the ZL1 will not compete with the 500 so they brought the C8 into the conversations to save the day.

Also please stop with the 59k C8 nonsense, I doubt many will be sold in that configuration. The big seller I suspect will be 2LT with the Z51 package. This will be a much better comparison to the base 500 and priced accordingly. Even with the 88k 3LT & Z51 package MT commented that the car was disconnected with the driver. I don't think anyone is going to be disconnected with the 500.

Last edited:

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
I wouldn't say that the 500 crushed the C8 as my guess is the C8 will run much more consistent times as you could likely put a completely inexperienced driver in it and get those times. Regardless it is fast and the C8 Z06 is going to be ridiculous. That being said since when is the Corvette the competitor of the Mustang. It seems the other forum knows that the ZL1 will not compete with the 500 so they brought the C8 into the conversations to save the day.

Also please stop with the 59k C8 nonsense, I doubt many will be sold in that configuration. The big seller I suspect will be 2LT with the Z51 package. This will be a much better comparison to the base 500 and priced accordingly. Even with the 88k 3LT & Z51 package MT commented that the car was disconnected with the driver. I don't think anyone is going to be disconnected with the 500.
it’s no more nonsense then how many will pay $74000 for a GT500. I bet many will get the elec. package, Recaro seats and handling package, which is what comes stock on a zl1 for $64000. So your at $80,000 for what many will be. So many are not compare it to a zl1 because it’s priced so much higher.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

I think the other forum knows GM is embalming the Camaro as we speak. If you recall the conversations over there. Where We were told repeatedly.That sales don’t matter. And the car was fine. It’s just one more example of those idiots not having a clue. So now the 3 guys that can afford a Corvette will jump ship to the Vette forum. And eventually ruin the Corvette VS section. And the majority of them. That can’t afford a Vette. Will go the way of Camaro 5 members.

Last edited:

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
it’s no more nonsense then how many will pay $74000 for a GT500. I bet many will get the elec. package, Recaro seats and handling package, which is what comes stock on a zl1 for $64000. So your at $80,000 for what many will be. So many are not compare it to a zl1 because it’s priced so much higher.
The ZL1 is 7-tenths slower in the 1/4 mile. It's not even in the conversation any longer.

OP
OP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

mid say crushed. The best drivers in both with have a significant disparity.

and we haven’t seen a ton of youtubers drive the c8 yet. So who knows about consistency.

But we know the 500 is the faster car. And not by a few tenths.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Isn't it interesting how neither car will have a manual transmission? How times have changed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Isn't it interesting how neither car will have a manual transmission? How times have changed.
its all about hitting performance targets... and marketing. Can’t say that enough. When you have historically seen a car not favored get sandbagged time and again and the world hears certain numbers, those numbers are etched into people’s minds. The DCTs help prevent that a bit.
There is still the sandbagging from the usual suspects. But it’s a lot harder to mask now.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
The ZL1 is 7-tenths slower in the 1/4 mile. It's not even in the conversation any longer.
7/10s unless you’re blaq. Then it’s a whole lot worse.:giggle:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I forgot you take Evans hero run as the norm and compare it to ZL1 magazine times. Tell how many has matched his 11.83 GT time?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I forgot you take Evans hero run as the norm and compare it to ZL1 magazine times. Tell how many has matched his 11.83 GT time?
Dude just stop. With the Evan stuff. Justin from American muscle ran that time on all season tires. I know, that don't count either. The ZL1 was never fast in a straight line.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude just stop. With the Evan stuff. Justin from American muscle ran that time on all season tires. The ZL1 was never fast in a straight line.
Like I said, have these times been matched? You don’t think having the GT500 for a whole day on a well prepped track to get the fastest time is not a hero run? I thought you were a drag guy?? You trying to tell me if GM asked you to take there ZL1 to your favorite track for the day and do whatever you can to get the fastest 1/4 mile time, you wouldn’t beat a 11.3 magazine time? And once you got your best time after all day, it’s not a hero run?? This is common sense, not fanboyism
Sponsored