C8 Corvette with Flat Plane Crank

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've never liked a pushrod engine I've driven in a performance car. They always feel like they're gasping once they get above 5000 rpm. For the record, that's the older Ford 5.0, GM LS1/3, LT1. All feel like they don't want to be up there. If they could fit my coyote in a Vette I'd love it to pieces.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jmcatee10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
To be clear - I don't believe your comments regarding someone being fired, etc., etc. are factual. Do you have some proof?
Lol... So you want proof of something you feel/believe is incorrect, yet you provide nothing to prove I am wrong.

Yeah okay.. I will get right on that!

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Lol... So you want proof of something you feel/believe is incorrect, yet you provide nothing to prove I am wrong.

That's not how burden of proof works. You started a theory with no evidence, the burden of proof is on you not on someone else who is asking for evidence of your claim.

OP
OP

jmcatee10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's not how burden of proof works. You started a theory with no evidence, the burden of proof is on you not on someone else who is asking for evidence of your claim.
Let me do all I can to appease you with this "burden of proof"... Gosh darn it!! It's so heavy!!:lol:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've never liked a pushrod engine I've driven in a performance car. They always feel like they're gasping once they get above 5000 rpm. For the record, that's the older Ford 5.0, GM LS1/3, LT1. All feel like they don't want to be up there. If they could fit my coyote in a Vette I'd love it to pieces.
If you throw away emission requirements you can have great breathing push rod engines. The problems that come in are poor idle quality and a peaky power curve. If there was a good way to do TiVCT with cam in block, that might cure some of the problems.

I thought at one point Dodge had a multi-component camshaft that allowed independent intake and exhaust valve timing. Not sure if they are using it or not.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Let me do all I can to appease you with this "burden of proof"... Gosh darn it!! It's so heavy!!:lol:

It's not that difficult. If you have a good, reliable source of information you just tell us who/what that source of information is.

Of course if you just made the original information up, then proving it is correct does become problematic.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you throw away emission requirements you can have great breathing push rod engines. The problems that come in are poor idle quality and a peaky power curve. If there was a good way to do TiVCT with cam in block, that might cure some of the problems.

I thought at one point Dodge had a multi-component camshaft that allowed independent intake and exhaust valve timing. Not sure if they are using it or not.
Yeah those aren't compromises I'd care to have either, regardless of emissions. I love performance cars as much as the next guy, but I don't want every car on the street without cats. History shows us what that gets us.

OP
OP

jmcatee10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's not that difficult. If you have a good, reliable source of information you just tell us who/what that source of information is.

Of course if you just made the original information up, then proving it is correct does become problematic.
I agree its not that difficult but I cannot say who the source is as it was disclosed to me in private. No, I didn't make this story up as of what benefit would it be to me mis-lead a bunch of strangers that enjoy the same car I like? It was from someone that would know and they were around then with Ford and now. You can take what I typed with a grain of salt or you can just not believe me, its up to you. I am fine with whatever you decide. I am not here to do anything but share and learn more about the S550. I get no enjoyment lying to people... sorry.

It's a little early to be drinking ...
Always sober... thanks!

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree its not that difficult but I cannot say who the source is as it was disclosed to me in private.
Does that apply to the FPC in the 'vette info, the "insider" Voodoo info or both?

Same secret source for both or two different secret sources?

:cool:

OP
OP

jmcatee10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does that apply to the FPC in the 'vette info, the "insider" Voodoo info or both?
The FPC in the vette was in the link I provided on the first posting. I think this is it.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/03/mid-engined-c8-corvette-1000-hp-all-wheel-drive-hybrid/

I wasn't being critical, more just an observation.
No offense taken...

It will be very interesting if the FPC does indeed end up being true in that larger displacement engine and being Twin Turbo.

OP
OP

jmcatee10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The FPC in the vette was in the link I provided on the first posting. I think this is it.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/03/mid-engined-c8-corvette-1000-hp-all-wheel-drive-hybrid/

No offense taken...

It will be very interesting if the FPC does indeed end up being true in that larger displacement engine and being Twin Turbo.
Here is the latest news on the FPC Corvette. I don't think many will be surprised it will be offered with AWD. Article is stating that the engine may have smaller displacement than 5.5L but I am skeptical on that one. I am thinking 5.5L release across the board in the production model, but time will tell.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/c8-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-hybrid-twin-turbo-dohc-v-8-with-900-hp/

Source: C8 Corvette ZR1 to Get Hybrid Twin-Turbo DOHC V-8 With 900 HP!
Halo model will also be the first-ever AWD Corvette
Scott EvansWords
Nov 22, 2019

Back in August, we exclusively reported the upcoming mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette Z06 would feature a twin-turbo flat-plane-crank dual-overhead-cam V-8 based on the C8.R race car's engine. Now, we can report from an even higher-placed source that the range-topping C8 Corvette ZR1 will add a performance hybrid system to boost it to 900 hp.

Rumors of a hybridized C8 have been flowing for quite some time, but now we have exclusive confirmation from a senior official at GM. The ZR1 will build on the Z06's all-new engine with a performance- (not fuel economy-) oriented hybrid system to fill in torque gaps and increase total output to an even 900 hp.
upload_2019-11-27_10-8-19.jpeg
Sponsored