Sponsored

C&D Cover Purports Leaked 2015 Mustang Images

NRMStand

I like the lack of chrome trim better, chaz.

Much cleaner. The rear is where your render really pulls away from the c&d one.

Talisman39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Thanks for the continued updates Chaz! (When do you find the time??)

I really don't think the "cranberry sauce can" ridges are going to be on the real thing, despite what the focus group participant said. They don't exist in Ford's current design language, and more make me think of 80's Mercedes tail lights. They don't look contemporary or in keeping with the rest of the design.

The Mustang designer, Kemal Curic, has done nice tail lights before with the Fusion and Focus. The Fusion, like the outgoing Mustang, uses "strips" of lights, and I have to believe the new Mustang will too, as it's clearly part of Ford's new language, though it probably won't be executed like the current Mustang. Mercedes, Audi and a couple of others are using it on their higher end car tail-lights also, so it's a worldwide trend befitting the Mustang's global ambitions.

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
When it is slow at work, you guys benefit.

The taillights will just have to be an unsatisfied mystery for now. Can't unsee the cranberry can, now THANKS!

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING

Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Dang, those look sweet

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
One thing I can never understand is why people seem so upset that the new design seems to be more of an evolution than a very radical departure. I see this all over mostly on other blogs/forums. This coming mostly from S197 owners who all love the design of the current car.

In my mind, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for, whether you're takling about chazcron's renders or this C&D one. It keeps the general look of the current one which I love but adds some sophistication to the look. Sleeker, less bulky in the right areas (which IMO has been making the current model look more and more dated), and gives it a more modern fastback look.

Nothing wrong with having a splash of corporate design language if it looks great, which this does. I think they did a great job and can only hope these are accurate.
I don't have a problem with evolution or a radical departure as long as it looks good. I'm not a big fan of the Chaz's render, its just not what I like. Has nothing to do with evolution, has to do with my taste. I'm starting to like it the more I see it and hope it looks way better in person or I won't be getting one. That's just my personal preference, call it what you will.

Beastie

Threads
Reaction score
I think all the renders have done a service to Ford. Initially didn't love it myself but I have already warmed to it and that's saying a lot already without seeing the actual car. The reactions I've seen seem to be the same.... a lot less "Fusion coupe" comments now and people are beginning to accept that there will probably be some global design cues in there.

I can tell you that I liked the "face" spy pics right when I saw them and I definitely wasn't thinking Fusion or Evos at the time. I'm sure the real thing will have the same affect.

Sponsored

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with evolution or a radical departure as long as it looks good. I'm not a big fan of the Chaz's render, its just not what I like. Has nothing to do with evolution, has to do with my taste. I'm starting to like it the more I see it and hope it looks way better in person or I won't be getting one. That's just my personal preference, call it what you will.
Have to say I feel the same way. There is little doubt that Chaz's ability to render is exceptional but the overall look of the car thus far just hasn't struck a cord with me so to speak. I find that I actually like the current design better by comparison. In all sincerity I hope the car is a smash hit regardless of my misgivings. The Mustang is truly an American icon and I hope that it continues to see model year after model year until we just quit driving cars as a species. That being said, right now I'm leaning towards getting a 2012 or newer version of the current car and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm also looking forward to seeing what the 2015 model will do by way of performance given the improvements to the suspension. I'm also particularly curious to see how the 4 cylinder version will perform up next to the V6 and V8 offerings.

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Have to say I feel the same way. There is little doubt that Chaz's ability to render is exceptional but the overall look of the car thus far just hasn't struck a cord with me so to speak. I find that I actually like the current design better by comparison. In all sincerity I hope the car is a smash hit regardless of my misgivings. The Mustang is truly and American icon and I hope that it continues to see model year after model year until we just quit driving cars as a species. That being said, right now I'm leaning towards getting a 2012 or newer version of the current car and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm also looking forward to seeing what the 2015 model will do by way of performance given the improvements to the suspension. I'm also particularly curious to see how the 4 cylinder version will perform up next to the V6 and V8 offerings.
Yeah I forgot to add that, Chaz's rendering isn't the issue, as he did a good job. He is going off of Ford's design, so I shouldn't say I don't like his render so much as I should say if that is what the mustang is going to look like, I don't like what I'm seeing.

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot to add that, Chaz's rendering isn't the issue, as he did a good job. He is going off of Ford's design, so I shouldn't say I don't like his render so much as I should say if that is what the mustang is going to look like, I don't like what I'm seeing.
Agreed. As an artist myself I have to give Chaz full credit for his skill at rendering. His work is quite good and something I could never do. I'm more of a traditional artist myself using oil on canvas or assembling and painting military models. I enjoy seeing the work some of these guys can turn out with the computer based media. His renders are very well done, I just wish I could find myself liking the car's overall design.

shelby1k

Have to say I feel the same way. There is little doubt that Chaz's ability to render is exceptional but the overall look of the car thus far just hasn't struck a cord with me so to speak. I find that I actually like the current design better by comparison. In all sincerity I hope the car is a smash hit regardless of my misgivings. The Mustang is truly an American icon and I hope that it continues to see model year after model year until we just quit driving cars as a species. That being said, right now I'm leaning towards getting a 2012 or newer version of the current car and thoroughly enjoying it. I'm also looking forward to seeing what the 2015 model will do by way of performance given the improvements to the suspension. I'm also particularly curious to see how the 4 cylinder version will perform up next to the V6 and V8 offerings.
This is exactly what I've been alluding to.

If you like the current car so much, how is this that different besides the grille? Or do you just hate the grille that much?

I think most people here actually like the deeply set grill with the bars

And if you like that... chaz's render is not that far off. It's just got sleeker roofline and more aggressive rear quarters (hips) and the back end is much nicer IMO

Rob

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
This is exactly what I've been alluding to.

If you like the current car so much, how is this that different besides the grille? Or do you just hate the grille that much?

I think most people here actually like the deeply set grill with the bars

And if you like that... chaz's render is not that far off. It's just got sleeker rear quarters and roofline and the rear is much nicer IMO

I actually like the front end. For me it's the body lines along the side. There's just something about it that doesn't quite work for me. Face on the car looks great, but the profile shots just don't grab me. It's difficult to put such things into words. Who knows why people like or dislike the aesthetic appeal of any given object. It's all in the mind I suppose. I know guys who actually think that Kate Upton isn't that attractive. I think she's off the chart beautiful. Go figure. Who knows, maybe when I see the car in person I'll have a whole different view on it. But for now, meh.
Sponsored