Sponsored

Buying a GT350 or 24'GT-DH

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
By the way, this lateral alignment is normal? (I looked others and i think it is)
IMG_0001.jpeg
That is perfectly normal on a 2016. The fastening system turned out to be a little more flexible than they had designed for. There was a Service Bulletin about fixing it, but not everyone with a 2016 had the work done (I didn't). The upside is that you know that the car was never hit from behind.
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That panel gap in the last pic isnā€™t right.
It happens on 2016 and early 2017 GT350's. Not attractive but not a sign that anything's wrong. Ford issued a TSB and a repair kit.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Since this car has the infamous Ford-aluminum-panel-corrosion-paint-bubbling issue I would personally stay away. Google "Ford aluminum panel paint bubbling" to find out more. Especially since you won't have any warranty support on the car in Europe. I would seriously look at another car.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Not a single voodoo owner has ever been responsible for their engine blowing up. Never. All perfect drivers. All Fords fault. /end sarcasm

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hmmm, let's see.....the best looking iteration of the S550 hands down with arguably the most distinct engine, or a tarted-up GT with a horrific body kit and interior complete with the dumbest Mustang model name in history....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
Since this car has the infamous Ford-aluminum-panel-corrosion-paint-bubbling issue I would personally stay away. Google "Ford aluminum panel paint bubbling" to find out more. Especially since you won't have any warranty support on the car in Europe. I would seriously look at another car.
Wtf? But is a paint issue or a engine part issue? Aluminium panel in spanish is ā€œpanel de aluminioā€ i dont understand exactly what part is.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wtf? But is a paint issue or a engine part issue? Aluminium panel in spanish is ā€œpanel de aluminioā€ i dont understand exactly what part is.
That picture with the paint bubbling is the hood (bonnet) of the car, correct? Thatā€™s the paint issue that those early years of S550 are known for. The hood is aluminum

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
That picture with the paint bubbling is the hood (bonnet) of the car, correct? Thatā€™s the paint issue that those early years of S550 are known for. The hood is aluminum
Ok, actually I thought this was a crash with a wall in a parking or something, but was too high :facepalm:

That is perfectly normal on a 2016. The fastening system turned out to be a little more flexible than they had designed for. There was a Service Bulletin about fixing it, but not everyone with a 2016 had the work done (I didn't). The upside is that you know that the car was never hit from behind.
In 2019-20 models you can also see this panel gap, maybe smallerā€¦

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
No crash - just a hood that needs to be replaced. Ford should replace, not repair the affected body panels. I would not buy this car. You'll be chasing these issues for a year.

OP
OP
Bullit

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus Ct200
No crash - just a hood that needs to be replaced. Ford should replace, not repair the affected body panels. I would not buy this car. You'll be chasing these issues for a year.
Ford replaced these hood for free? Is replacing now? The problem was only in the cars hood?

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ford replaced these hood for free? Is replacing now? The problem was only in the cars hood?
Paint corrosion warranty is 8 years if I recall, so yes there is still time to have it replaced by Ford under warranty.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Paint corrosion warranty is 8 years if I recall, so yes there is still time to have it replaced by Ford under warranty.
OP is in Europe. GT350 was never sold in Europe so there won't be any warranty support at all. At least from my experience

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP is in Europe. GT350 was never sold in Europe so there won't be any warranty support at all. At least from my experience
Is the car here in the States or in Europe already? If itā€™s here and OP is importing it it should get replaced here first. If itā€™s already in Europe then youā€™re probably correct that there wonā€™t be any warranty support for it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP if the car is already in Europe and you have no warranty support, Iā€™d consider passing on that 350 (even though Iā€™d take a 350 over a Dark Horse any day) unless you can source a new hood (OEM or aftermarket) as that paint bubbling is only going to get worse. As a few others mentioned, respraying the hood isnā€™t going to solve the issue, itā€™s an issue with the aluminum itself.
Sponsored