Buying a 2016 Mustang, No Negotiating?

Kywildcats

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
04 Tahoe
There is a lot of great advise on here. This is one reason I'm waiting tax time is just around the corner and another thing I was told is buy at the end of the month because if they sell certain amount of that vehicle they get an incentives from Ford. I have only bought one car on the x plan that was on a 2004 mustang 40th anniversary I only got 2500 off.
Sponsored

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Check out the pricing @ Bill Currie Ford in Tampa - you'll flip out !
Would be hella cheaper to get one from them & pay to have it shipped via enclosed carrier to NV than pay what Reno guys want for them !
How are the prices that low? That is unreal.

Wish every dealer was like this.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white

Some dealers care more about how many cars they sell compared to the amount the make off of them. I got my base model gt PP with optional recaros and extended warranty for $32,000 out the door and sticker price was $37,500. I didn't even have to negotiate. Just all based on the dealer

mizer67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, please

Truth is, their pricing isn't that great, in my opinion.

There's a $599 dealer fee and they're including $500 military appreciation in the advertised price in addition to the $250 Ford rebate most everyone qualifies for if you purchase (vs. lease) the car.

You'll also pay above average fees for titling (generally they're quoting ~>$200 over what it actually costs) and a bunch of other marked up small fees that add up.

By the time you add back all the fees and rebates you may or may not qualify for, you're back around invoice price minus any Ford rebates that you qualify for in the area. Sometimes you'll get into the hold back (3%) depending on the car and deal, but not that often.

Sponsored

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
Truth is, their pricing isn't that great, in my opinion.

There's a $599 dealer fee and they're including $500 military appreciation in the advertised price in addition to the $250 Ford rebate most everyone qualifies for if you purchase (vs. lease) the car.

You'll also pay above average fees for titling (generally they're quoting ~>$200 over what it actually costs) and a bunch of other marked up small fees that add up.

By the time you add back all the fees and rebates you may or may not qualify for, you're back around invoice price minus any Ford rebates that you qualify for in the area. Sometimes you'll get into the hold back (3%) depending on the car and deal, but not that often.
I agree it's lame their advertising fees do include incentives. But their TrueCar, at least for me, was the best in the Central FL area. At least in my instance. My next best price was still $1k more OTD. And I talked to like 20 dealers.

I hate that FL has dealer fees. Typically ranges from $399 to $899. I don't think anyone can negotiate this price off the contract because the dealer fee rules state if you charge for one you must charge for everyone. So only way to not pay it is to have them lower the price that exact amount more off of the negotiated price. I looked into this in the past when I refused to pay it.

There are a few dealers in FL however that won't charge a dealer fee, however their (increased) pricing reflects this.

OP
OP
swish77

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
I just heard back from another dealer in CT, and the response was only slightly better: He acknowledged the invoice cost, but said there were other fees that needed to be accounted for, such as an advertising fee of $523 and a fuel charge of about $38. And then there's the dealer documentation fee of $399.

So, for that 2016 manual V6 Mustang in silver with the upgraded 051A package, 3.55 LSD, security package, spare tire kit, and reverse park assist, he said the invoice cost is $26,107. He said he's willing to come down to $25,457, which includes a $250 rebate but doesn't include the doc fee and not including the dealer accessories I want, such as the interior light kit (plus about 1.5 hours of labor), sports pedals, and pony mats/cargo mat. Oh, and taxes!

Seems like an OK deal, I guess, but the fact that dealers use a so-called "ad fee" as part of the cost seems kind of outrageous. Isn't that just the price of doing business? That's like a deli charging extra for electricity because they need to slice the roast beef for a sandwich.

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
I tried it at Ted Britt Chantilly, they went $1500 below the X-Plan price. They couldn't go any lower. Just walked out. I live an hour away from Koons Ford Baltimore. I will give them a try and see if I can go even lower.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
swish77

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
Well, just to finish the story that I began on this thread ... I couldn't find any deal that I considered reasonable in the Tri-State area for the 2016 Mustang that I wanted, so I expanded my search. No dealers in my area would budge off the "friends and neighbors" pricing, plus a $250 incentive, especially for a car that needed to be ordered.

So, I decided on a GT with the Performance Package (silver, manual trans., optional nickel finish 19-inch wheels) for $33800 out the door from Koons in the D.C. area. From what I've read, not too bad, and they had the car in stock, so I don't need to wait. Thanks for all the replies!

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I got X plan...Seemed like an easy deal,i got 4500 off sticker and no
fees.

but it my opinion that dealers are all full of crap and will figure out ways to nickel and dime
they will even crap on Ford to make a few points on the loans

There is no way of knowing just how low on price a dealer will move until you
shop it . Best thing to do is play the game,sadly its a game unless you have a friend on
the inside

Sponsored

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Just wait for the "friends and neighbors" sale to be over then negotiate all you want :D

Sounds like a pretty good deal they are giving so I would not blame them. Try another dealer but you may get the same response.

I went in with the x-plan and after the dealer said "this price is better the the x-plan" it was game on and I ended up doing a bit better. I go in with the wife and we work as a team. I have purchased many cars and trucks in my lifetime and I/we do pretty good.

The trick is to pick the right dealer. I have a dealer two minutes from my house and have tried buying many vehicles from them and they just do not deal. Pick a high volume dealer that has great reviews. Do your homework and know what the invoice is going in and the most you want to pay and don't budge. Leave if you must, they will call back.
His points about time of year and high volume dealerships. They like to turn and burn. Good luck to you.

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
I ordered '16 GT Premium, PP, CO, 401A, Premier Trim, and Enhanced Security for $36297. Out of the door became $38,800.
I really couldn't negotiate much, because they agreed with the price I offered them. That price was for a car on the lot, and I said that I would put my order if they offered the same price for a factory ordered car. That OTD price worked out for me.
Sponsored