BOOSTED-SVO

In My Own Lane
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP SB M6
Car sale was meant to be haggled and negotiated on. The first person who know this is the car sale guy. This goes especially for cars like a mustang where over inventory is a normal thing. I don't know how much you are trying to haggle off the price but just to give you an example I just picked up my 16 PP ebm for 21,xxx before tax and fees. The sticker price was 28,xxx and this was without too much haggling at all. They also offered me a base GT with a few option for 26,xxx but I didn't want another GT as I'm a boost guy at heart. If you can't get close to what you want or if you are not satisfied in anyway just walkway and go to the next. Is not like you are trying to buy a limited edition run so don't worry, you will get what you want with a little patience and confidence.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Always room to negotiate. X plan and try to get delivery charge taken off.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
That's BS. It's a freaking Ford. I got $6k below MSRP and I was not even trying. But I did buy the one they had on the lot the 2016 California Special GT. $36k OTD.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Totally off topic: do you own a Superbird?
LOL - I wish !!! It's always been the dream, but they have gotten soooooooo expensive unless I win lotto it will never happen. Could kick myself now for passing on 1 back in '94 for $30K, but I was in the process of building a new home & had just purchased a new Mark VIII & $$ were very tight :(

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Many thanks for the responses. But one thing I don't understand: Is the X-Plan pricing calculation based on the "dealer" invoice or the "MSRP" invoice? There's a big difference, of course. All the threads I've read just say subtract .04 from the "invoice" then add $275 dealer fee. Which invoice?

Thanks.
The spreadsheet shows two price columns - MSRP and Invoice. Invoice on the car itself runs ~8% below MSRP, and the options run ~10% below.

There is no shame in paying invoice for an ordered car, but certainly don't pay over that (GT350 doesn't count).

There is another 3% profit (i.e. below Invoice) for the dealer that they call "hold back". You can pit the dealers against each other to whittle away the price to ~ 8+3=11% below MSRP. Going that low, or even lower, can be tough, unless there are special circumstances (e.g. end of year sales in the snow).

Keep studying, you'll get there. A good price on an ordered car is a good thing. As with all purchases, there is no "one best deal", and there will always be a better deal soon after you spent your money. So, try to enjoy the process.

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Car sale was meant to be haggled and negotiated on. The first person who know this is the car sale guy. This goes especially for cars like a mustang where over inventory is a normal thing. I don't know how much you are trying to haggle off the price but just to give you an example I just picked up my 16 PP ebm for 21,xxx before tax and fees. The sticker price was 28,xxx and this was without too much haggling at all. They also offered me a base GT with a few option for 26,xxx but I didn't want another GT as I'm a boost guy at heart. If you can't get close to what you want or if you are not satisfied in anyway just walkway and go to the next. Is not like you are trying to buy a limited edition run so don't worry, you will get what you want with a little patience and confidence.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Also got to keep in mind location and special dealers that do crazy pricing like Koons Ford in Baltimore.. you're not going to see 28K+ Mustangs selling for 21k in most places.. Lol.

I thought about shopping out of state at Koons but I had no idea what that would entail nor did I know anyone with any experience, nor do I know anyone in that area that combined with the fact that Koons goes through inventory like crazy and can barely keep cars on the lot, I gave up on that notion as it would be a logistical nightmare plus with the cost of traveling and transportation I might of broken even anyway vs just buying local.

OP
OP
swish77

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
Xplan isn't that great of a discount for the v6. I think it's like $797 off list, when you check friends and family price on Ford website.

TrueCar was WAYYY better for me, with like $3k off the sticker, plus $750 private cash.

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Wow, this is all great ammunition for my Mustang bargain hunting. Many thanks to all!

Based on these responses, I'm shocked that my local dealer let me walk without even a counter-offer. I was willing to go up to $25500 for this car (see link), which I thought was a pretty good offer based on my research:

http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/....455.43S.LRS.MST.~YZKAA.PR.LESS.13D.66W.77R.]
If $27,644 was MSRP, then 92.2% of that is 25,487, or ~Invoice price. So yes, they should have accepted that with NO qualms.

Be glad they declined, bc you can probably do better, although you will have to widen your area.

Knowledge and patience are your allies.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
It's going to really depend on where you live. I'm in Reno, NV, and the local dealers here are pricing $2500 OVER MSRP. I worked in the Fleet Dept. of a Ford Dealer for 4.5 yrs. and even though they knew that, still wouldn't budge on the price. At the time, all the GT's they had were from other dealers that they traded to get. I ended up going out of state to get mine, and the funny thing is, the exact GT I test drove locally is still sitting on the dealers lot more than 2 mos. later.

I don't know how some of you guys are getting Mustangs as cheap as some claim. Dealers are just too in love with them around here to let them go that cheap.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It's going to really depend on where you live. I'm in Reno, NV, and the local dealers here are pricing $2500 OVER MSRP. I worked in the Fleet Dept. of a Ford Dealer for 4.5 yrs. and even though they knew that, still wouldn't budge on the price. At the time, all the GT's they had were from other dealers that they traded to get. I ended up going out of state to get mine, and the funny thing is, the exact GT I test drove locally is still sitting on the dealers lot more than 2 mos. later.

I don't know how some of you guys are getting Mustangs as cheap as some claim. Dealers are just too in love with them around here to let them go that cheap.
Check out the pricing @ Bill Currie Ford in Tampa - you'll flip out !
Would be hella cheaper to get one from them & pay to have it shipped via enclosed carrier to NV than pay what Reno guys want for them !

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out the pricing @ Bill Currie Ford in Tampa - you'll flip out !
Would be hella cheaper to get one from them & pay to have it shipped via enclosed carrier to NV than pay what Reno guys want for them !
Jebus.. wish you would of told me about them a month ago.. I see they have an EB exactly like mine in white priced almost 2k below what I paid..

I'll take another look at them in 3 years when it's time to trade in this one heh..

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeannieskidneyfund.com
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 Magnetic S550
Jebus.. wish you would of told me about them a month ago.. I see they have an EB exactly like mine in white priced almost 2k below what I paid..

I'll take another look at them in 3 years when it's time to trade in this one heh..
Bill Currie has the best pricing I've seen of the 20 or so dealers I talked to in the Central FL region. Plus awesome customer service. Last Saturday when I went in to buy my Mustang, they had an amazing huge Mustang car show (34th annual Mustang, Shelby and Ford Roundup), plus Tijuana Flats was there as a caterer, giving away free food, as it was also a charity drive. Test drive a car, their charity gets $60.

I'm usually a VERY aggressive negotiator, and with Bill Currie, pricing was up-front. Best price with no stress.

Last edited:

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bill Currie has the best pricing I've seen of the 20 or so dealers I talked to in the Central FL region. Plus awesome customer service. Last Saturday when I went in to buy my Mustang, they had an amazing huge Mustang car show (34th annual Mustang, Shelby and Ford Roundup), plus Tijuana Flats was there as a caterer, giving away free food, as it was also a charity drive. Test drive a car, their charity gets $60.

I'm usually a VERY aggressive negotiator, and with Bill Currie, pricing was up-front. Best price with no stress.
I never heard of them before, the only one I know of that has crazy reduced prices is Koons Ford in Baltimore.. really wish I would of found this dealer a month ago Lol.. might of gotten that premium EB PP manual instead.. :frusty:

I'll definitely look into it in the future.. I don't plan on keeping this car forever, I really want a manual coyote above everything.. I know that thing will last forever and I probably wouldn't trade it in if I got it.
Sponsored