Burning Smell after drive

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Update: I drove the car to work today and there was no burning smell when I got out, my commute is 20 minutes if highway/city driving. I drove with the windows down so I can identify the smell and see what the conditions were when it starts to appear, but it never did. I got out and started sniffing along the car when I got to work and nothing.

The noises of course were still present as always so I know even without the smell that I should be saving up for a new one anyway.

I got the vehicle at 46k from a ford dealer and purchased the extended warranty, but I know that a clutch is not covered. I work for a GM Dealership, sadly Ford was not hiring, and if my local ford dealer is anything like ours I wouldn't get my car back for a couple of months.

I'll drive it around during lunch and see if anything changes.
if I was you, I will still take in so they can have a look at it. Trust me the problem won’t get better over time.
Sponsored

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I get this smell when I shift at redline from 2nd to 3rd lol

OP
OP
Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well nvm. Got home and the smell was present again.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
You should know if it is an oil type scent or brakes/clutch which smell similar. If the clutch isn’t slipping under hard acceleration it shouldn’t be the clutch. Get that thing in the air and check it out.

OP
OP
Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No, you're right. I know Soulja4187 mentioned that too and I'm for sure gonna make sure to take it to the dealer before making any big decisions

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Get it in the air, Transmission leaking and fluid tossed onto the hot exhaust starts nice fire balls under vehicles.
Your noise of transmission might be it is leaking fluid and now low. low fluid gets hot and burnt and stinks.
Sponsored