Bullitt w New Borla X-pipe

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
Just installed the new Borla Cross over X pipe. Really wakes it up. Very deep and nice increase in volume. Quiet is still quiet while track is how you will drive it all day.

Sponsored

Soco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
19 DHG Bullitt, 15 F-150 3.5l EB
Just installed the new Borla Cross over X pipe. Really wakes it up. Very deep and nice increase in volume. Quiet is still quiet while track is how you will drive it all day.

Awesome thanks for sharing, i actually have a h pipe on mine so i should record the sound and put it up with this one for people to decide

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice sounding, think you're one of the first people to get that mid pipe honestly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JoelinNOVA

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
How is the clearance with the x-pipe? Can you post a Looking from the side ground level?
Clearance was fine. above was enough room from the drive shaft and below was same as suitcase. I will crawl under soon and snap a few pics.

OP
OP
JoelinNOVA

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R

Sponsored
OP
OP
JoelinNOVA

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
Borla usually seems to make Ford Racing/Performances exhausts, I wonder if the Borla midpipe is the same as the FP mid-pipe.
It does not. Both the cat back system and the X-Pipe from FP are traditional. Borla claims the new X-pipe is for the factory exhaust only and do not recommend using on current full Borla systems. FWIW

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It does not. Both the cat back system and the X-Pipe from FP are traditional. Borla claims the new X-pipe is for the factory exhaust only and do not recommend using on current full Borla systems. FWIW
Thats odd, never seen a midpipe that should be for stock only, I wonder if its smaller piping then.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I usually do not like the raspy sound of an x pipe, but that has a nice tone. How intrusive is the sound from the cabin at cruising speeds?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I usually do not like the raspy sound of an x pipe, but that has a nice tone. How intrusive is the sound from the cabin at cruising speeds?
I got mine fitted early January (see link https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/borla-x-pipe-with-active-exhaust.112047/page-3#post-2431152). At cruising speed even in race track mode you wouldn't know you had it fitted. I have my mode set with sport+ and race track exhaust and love it. I didn't measure the new ground clearance but I estimated 10mm lower than OEM. It could possibly be no different.

OP
OP
JoelinNOVA

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
Not bothersome at all.
Sponsored