Bullitt Rear Seat Delete

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Anybody done a rear seat delete on their bullitt? I was staring at mine today and those seats are completely useless, I would prefer just open space. My favorite was the 2013 boss laguna seca x-brace rear seat delete. I don’t think there’s anything like that for the S550 (correct me if I’m wrong). Just wondering if anyone has gone through the hassle to delete them or if most people are just fine with them.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Many owners use rear seat delete kits, but they're little more than thin cloth-covered fiberboard. They do it for weight savings. For me, those kits are an absolute deal-breaker. I'd prefer a flat surface too, but the kit would have to be sturdy enough to hold my weight without breaking, look decent (match interior color, no logos, and close to OEM quality), not make any noises/rattles, and most importantly, that it does not allow any more road noise inside the cabin from behind. If you find such a thing, please let us know :). And post pics.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The GT350R seat delete should work if you can find one, the interiors not changed at all.

There are a few sites that have rear set deleted. I debating it but the seats also help some of the sound deadening from the exhaust noise that comes through the trunk.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
The GT350 delete looks nice but has butt indents, its not flat, and it's like $700+. Kind of stupid if you ask me, why would you make indents when the seatbelts get removed, and what in a little molded fiber and carpet is worth that much? The indents make it less useful for setting stuff on, and looks kind of funny.

OP
OP
19bullitt

19bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The GT350 delete looks nice but has butt indents, its not flat, and it's like $700+. Kind of stupid if you ask me, why would you make indents when the seatbelts get removed, and what in a little molded fiber and carpet is worth that much? The indents make it less useful for setting stuff on, and looks kind of funny.
This. Ever since I saw the 2013 boss laguna seca rear seat delete with x brace, I don’t understand why it can’t be recreated for the S550. It looks so clean.

BAB04571-4D17-4395-8230-C85E4D4F260A.jpeg

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"Anybody done a rear seat delete on their Bullitt? I was staring at mine today & those seats are completely useless. I would prefer just open space. My favorite was the 2013 Boss Laguna Seca X-brace rear seat delete. I don’t think there’s anything like that for the S550 (correct me if I’m wrong). Just wondering if anyone has gone thru the hassle to delete them, or if most people are just fine w/them."
I had a rear seat delete in my '98 GT. It was nice tho the trunk access was gone, but it did have an under panel storage area on the passenger side. I went thru the same issue of wanting the rear seat out when my 2019 arrived. I agree that the S197 Boss 302 was the nicest option. However, it's definitely an apples & oranges thing when it comes to installing it on the S550. 2nd option was the GT350R but, as indicated above, you still have the rear seat look ... just cheaper looking. The 'downside' to the flat surface aftermarket seat delete kits is that most anything not secured will end up behind &/or under the front seats. IMO, a nice fix for that would be a pair of adjustable nylon tie downs. Tho leather back in the day, these were often seen in E-types, Aston Martins, Mercedes 300SL, etc. to securely fix luggage in place. After all that, I just decided to just leave the OE rear seat in place cuz the 'butt pockets', for better or worse, really do work at keeping stuff in place. One last caveat on aftermarket seat delete kits ... as far as I know, none of the vendors use Ford OE carpeting so the 'fade rate' will be different after a few years. Maybe not a big thing for most, but just an FYI.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Well, there's this, but it explicitly states that it won't support heavy items:

https://lmr.com/item/RSD-1516/2015-mustang-rear-seat-delete-black-coupe
If you look at the link, they have a picture with a tire mounted on a wheel sitting on the shelf, and the fold down trunk access is still there. Looks like the perfect solution, and it's only $300. If you need to carry heavy freight, I'm sure it would be fairly simple to reinforce from underneath. Also, it looks like it would be super easy to recover it in any material you want, all the surfaces are flat, like pancake. I plan on covering mine in thick tiger striped fur.
JK :)

Last edited:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
"If you look at the link, they have a picture w/a tire mounted on a wheel sitting on the shelf, & the fold down trunk access is still there. Looks like the perfect solution, & it's only $300. If you need to carry heavy freight, I'm sure it would be fairly simple to reinforce from underneath."
Not too shabby. Tho I have to admit to having a flashback seeing the spare tire in the rear seat area ala the 1965 Shelby GT350 ...

1613151271146.png

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Not too shabby. Tho I have to admit to having a flashback seeing the spare tire in the rear seat area ala the 1965 Shelby GT350 ...

1613151271146.png
Just noticed looking at your pic, but on my '67 fastback the rear seat folded out flat and covered the rear "seat" I put in quotes, because it looked like a seat but was unusable by anyone over 5'2" and 100LBS., that looks like a lot like the new one from LMR.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The Mach1 is getting a rear seat delete option so I suspect one will be coming soon we can buy from Ford. I'm not sure if it will Say Mach1 or anything, but the GT350 R's didn't say anything on it.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd like a rear seat delete for better utility, not less weight, so the current options that allow even more noise to get into the cabin, are a deal-breaker for me. I'll have to see what Ford came up with for the Mach1, but might also be just for weight savings. We'll see.
Sponsored