Bullitt owners only - How old are you?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I bought my Bullitt because I really liked the car and the nostalgia associated with the car. Just wondering why 22 year old guys purchased a Bullitt?
I also can't answer for a 22yo, but I am 28 (bought mine at 27). To me it was a nicely equipped Mustang, with enough uniqueness that it stands out (yet blends in with the badging, or lack thereof), kind of a gentleman's Mustang (I know it sounds cliche). The movie heritage was a bonus and I knew about it, but obviously wasn't around when it debuted.

I did a post on an age breakdown, I suppose now I have more inputs to I should update it, quoted below, I think one or two pages back in this thread:

As promised, HERE COME THE STATS:
73 total respondents thus far. Age, MY, color.

• Mode: 55
  • Median: 55.5
  • MIN: 22
  • MAX: 79
  • Spread: 54
2021-03-15 Age.png

Color
  • DHG: 66
  • SB: 7
2021-03-15 Color.png

MY
  • 2019: 49
  • 2020: 22
  • Other: 2
2021-03-15 MY.png

Disclaimers:
Published 03/15, any responses after will be added in new chart versions.
If you listed "am 35, but bought at 34" sort of comment, your age is listed as 35.
If you said "40s" for age, your age is listed as 45 and vice versa (2 users).
If you listed multiple Bullitt vehicles, you were counted 1x (1 user).

Other statistics were harder to achieve, such as location/country was frequently not listed (I know OP didn't ask for it).

Hope I didn't miss anyone!
Sponsored

subject617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT, 2020 Bullitt
Got mine at 31, pretty much 10years after i bought my first pony.
Why? Well my originally ordered GT had a delay (in the end 12months order -delivery) so to not miss the great year 2020 i switched to a Bullitt after just 8 1/2 months of ordering i got a new car. Hooray!

Joeblowv1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2005 F150 FX4
I bought my Bullitt because I really liked the car and the nostalgia associated with the car. Just wondering why 22 year old guys purchased a Bullitt?
I'm 27 and the main reason I bought it was the color! The additional HP and exclusivity were bonuses for me (Plus I liked the idea of the active exhaust). I was originally eyeing up 15'-16' Guard Metallic GT Premium PP1 cars, but it proved impossible to find one locally with low miles so I wound up with a Bullitt.

I really just feel that all of the colors are sorta blah. Black is very generic and everyone wants an all black car these days, not a fan of white cars (Reminds me of contractor trucks/vans, girls cars, or old people's cars) Red/orange is too flashy, the dark reds aren't too bad, the blues are OK, my old v6 mustang was silver, I liked gray but again, sorta bland. Nothing really grabbed me except DHG

I saved up and eyed the prices and realized that as far as mustangs go for a "new" one these were pretty good deals as they depreciated on the lot. Got mine used but it only had 70 miles on it so...

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm 27 and the main reason I bought it was the color! The additional HP and exclusivity were bonuses for me (Plus I liked the idea of the active exhaust). I was originally eyeing up 15'-16' Guard Metallic GT Premium PP1 cars, but it proved impossible to find one locally with low miles so I wound up with a Bullitt.

I really just feel that all of the colors are sorta blah. Black is very generic and everyone wants an all black car these days, not a fan of white cars (Reminds me of contractor trucks/vans, girls cars, or old people's cars) Red/orange is too flashy, the dark reds aren't too bad, the blues are OK, my old v6 mustang was silver, I liked gray but again, sorta bland. Nothing really grabbed me except DHG

I saved up and eyed the prices and realized that as far as mustangs go for a "new" one these were pretty good deals as they depreciated on the lot. Got mine used but it only had 70 miles on it so...
"used" with only 70 miles on it? Is it a typo? I think for it to be used, it would have to have been registered. Who registers a vehicle and trades it in within what I'd assume would be 50-60 miles?

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm guessing the younger owners have high paying jobs(no kids) or long time family money.
Most middle class workers are able to start buying 'fun' $50k cars when they are in their 50's +.
My best friend bought his '19 Bullitt at age 54, since I didn't want to copy him, I bought a '19 GT/CS at age 62.

Joeblowv1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
"used" with only 70 miles on it? Is it a typo? I think for it to be used, it would have to have been registered. Who registers a vehicle and trades it in within what I'd assume would be 50-60 miles?

The poor SOB bought it, registered it, and then tried to sell it for profit on "Classiccars.com" reportedly he buys and sells a lot of cars at the dealership I got it from. Story goes he has a lot of money and a lot of cars. I searched the vin before I went to go check out/buy the car and saw it's attempted sale and eventual removal from the website as he wanted something like 60k-65K for it. At that time you could go get a "new" one sitting on a dealer lot for 10K under sticker.

He got hosed on this one and I lucked out.

I agree with Beerchamp for folks my age, makes sense, I make decent money at the moment and can afford the car. Still living at home so that was my last hurrah as I'm now saving for a house.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm guessing the younger owners have high paying jobs(no kids) or long time family money.
Most middle class workers are able to start buying 'fun' $50k cars when they are in their 50's +.
My best friend bought his '19 Bullitt at age 54, since I didn't want to copy him, I bought a '19 GT/CS at age 62.
I forgot that he bought a NEW 2001 BULLITT at age 36 (in blue)
His '19 is green

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have a decent paying job, but mainly not being from the US, I couldn't get student loans and worked through college. So what most people my age with an MBA have as a student loan payment, I can drain into a car payment. It is a pricey car, but I love driving and I knew I wanted a fun daily, not just a weekend toy that's unattainable. :)

The poor SOB bought it, registered it, and then tried to sell it for profit on "Classiccars.com" reportedly he buys and sells a lot of cars at the dealership I got it from. Story goes he has a lot of money and a lot of cars. I searched the vin before I went to go check out/buy the car and saw it's attempted sale and eventual removal from the website as he wanted something like 60k-65K for it. At that time you could go get a "new" one sitting on a dealer lot for 10K under sticker.

He got hosed on this one and I lucked out.

I agree with Beerchamp for folks my age, makes sense, I make decent money at the moment and can afford the car. Still living at home so that was my last hurrah as I'm now saving for a house.
Not to be happy from other people's misfortune or wish them bad luck, but what was he thinking? I'm pretty sure Ford announced it was going to be a 2yr run. And with the equipment, it was fairly clear it wasn't gonna be a true collectible. Now the McQueen package or whatever, that's a different story.

I forgot that he bought a NEW 2001 BULLITT at age 36 (in blue)
His '19 is green
I highly doubt that he bought a Bullitt in blue, they only come in DHG (Dark Highland Green) and SB (Shadow Black), at least the S550 version, unless I'm missing something?

Edit - I just re-read the comment - you said 2001. :)

Sponsored

Joeblowv1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
There was what...one or two 2019 Kona Blue Bullitt cars that were made (and auctioned off for a very hefty price tag, so yeah his being an 01 makes a lot more sense!) If I was to sink that much money on a blue pony I'd just get a GT350/500 without the stripes.

And yeah I have no idea. I think the guy took a gamble and it didn't pan out. I think he thought he could buy it to flip like a pre-ordered dodge demon or something like that.

The only time this car was selling for OVER sticker was before you could just go out and get one at a dealership. The first handful made basically.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There was what...one or two 2019 Kona Blue Bullitt cars that were made (and auctioned off for a very hefty price tag, so yeah his being an 01 makes a lot more sense!) If I was to sink that much money on a blue pony I'd just get a GT350/500 without the stripes.

And yeah I have no idea. I think the guy took a gamble and it didn't pan out. I think he thought he could buy it to flip like a pre-ordered dodge demon or something like that.

The only time this car was selling for OVER sticker was before you could just go out and get one at a dealership. The first handful made basically.
I'm guessing Mach 1 will follow a similar curve (don't tell all the future Mach 1 owners). Or maybe not, what do I know.

OKAY!! That explains some of those pictures I've seen in blue, I kept thinking if it was photoshopped or weird reflection off of the Shadow Black.
This pic, right?
1619549693375.png

Joeblowv1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing Mach 1 will follow a similar curve (don't tell all the future Mach 1 owners). Or maybe not, what do I know.

OKAY!! That explains some of those pictures I've seen in blue, I kept thinking if it was photoshopped or weird reflection off of the Shadow Black.
This pic, right?
1619549693375.png

Yeah I mean as much as I hate to admit it, the Bullitt really IS a parts bin car. Its really nothing insanely special/different/rare/unique. I just liked the color and the fact that is a "little" different lol. So I don't think that the Mach 1 will be much different either. Hard to get and expensive at first, then just a bit more than a regular GT.

I do think they will move quicker off the dealer lots as you can get one in an automatic. There will be less manual ones for sure. Not as many lot rocks.

Found an article. There was ONE made. Again its just a Bullitt in blue, but as it was made by ford/raffled off I'm sure it will always hold some type of premium

World's Only Kona Blue Ford Mustang Bullitt Will be Raffled for Charity (motortrend.com)

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah I mean as much as I hate to admit it, the Bullitt really IS a parts bin car. Its really nothing insanely special/different/rare/unique. I just liked the color and the fact that is a "little" different lol. So I don't think that the Mach 1 will be much different either. Hard to get and expensive at first, then just a bit more than a regular GT.

I do think they will move quicker off the dealer lots as you can get one in an automatic. There will be less manual ones for sure. Not as many lot rocks.

Found an article. There was ONE made. Again its just a Bullitt in blue, but as it was made by ford/raffled off I'm sure it will always hold some type of premium

World's Only Kona Blue Ford Mustang Bullitt Will be Raffled for Charity (motortrend.com)
Yeah I found that article too, I read it was 1 piece also only.

Yeah, Bullitt is to an extent "parts bin." But, it was unique enough to me, I knew I wasn't getting a collector's item, I wouldn't be able to swing that. I just knew I was getting something that won't be super common (hopefully). Have seen 3 in 14 months I think.
Sponsored