Bullitt owners only - How old are you?

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Bullitt, Mazda CX9
I'm not on IG (or really any social media sites), which is pretty atypical for my 29yo age, but you gotta give it to people, if they earned it straight up (without being gifted cool $50,000 from someone), it is impressive to make enough money off of social media...

I wonder if they wanted the US one for the power (European Bullitts are down 13 ponies I think) and the red sequential turn signals etc?
he had the redlights for first few months then changed to the euro style lights.
Also he is not some IG personality. Has maybe 1200 followers tops.
But I am glad to know that the kid has good taste in cars. Keeps it clean too. Nice guy too.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
he had the redlights for first few months then changed to the euro style lights.
Also he is not some IG personality. Has maybe 1200 followers tops.
But I am glad to know that the kid has good taste in cars. Keeps it clean too. Nice guy too.
As a European myself (although live in the US now), I know that the red tailights and lack of amber would not fly for long in Europe.
Personally, I think amber should be mandated instead of the silly red blinkers (especially those that replace taillights). I know Mustangs have them too like that, and I would hate to lose the sequential, but at least the sequential is little easier to recognize than just solid on/off (i.e. left solid, CHMSL solid, right sequential = you're braking and turning).

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
The day my taillights are clear I’m driving a Prius. :)

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Interesting.
Here's a thought: I think that the demographic that seems most interested in the Bullitt will have a beneficial effect on its depreciation - for us current owners - as compared with other versions of the S550, including the new Mach 1.
At least, that is, until we start dying off. :)
I think to the younger guys/gals it is just another special trimmed out mustang painted green. The older Folk remember the movie and a time when car chases were a big part of a movie or tv show. AND looked real. As in a guy with a mustang could drive their car the same way if they wanted too.
Any car chase or car based movie since the 90's on don't have that feel, and the younger folks can't relate to life the way it was when the movie bullet was made.
Ah, the days of whipping a car around a corner tail out, smoking the tires and if caught by a smokey getting a warning. Take me back, please.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think to the younger guys/gals it is just another special trimmed out mustang painted green. The older Folk remember the movie and a time when car chases were a big part of a movie or tv show. AND looked real. As in a guy with a mustang could drive their car the same way if they wanted too.
Any car chase or car based movie since the 90's on don't have that feel, and the younger folks can't relate to life the way it was when the movie bullet was made.
Ah, the days of whipping a car around a corner tail out, smoking the tires and if caught by a smokey getting a warning. Take me back, please.

I think this was discussed in the past of this forum, so not necessarily. Of course some said that they did buy it because it was a bit of a different trim, but lot of people are very well aware of its "heritage" or what it pays homage to.

I didn't even grow up in the US, so old school car movies weren't so common, but I am still very well aware of the movie, have watched that chase multiple times. I got the car because it was unique, debadged, subdued, has a certain level of classy and wife was really interested in it, and I wasn't about to stifle her car interest. That was all when I bought it at 27, so I wouldn't say that us "younger" ones are in it just for the trim and color. :)

I will be updating the age spread and charts soon by the way.

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
who's keeping the spreadsheet and graph? time to update...
never mind, I feel silly now.....

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Bullitt, Mazda CX9
I think to the younger guys/gals it is just another special trimmed out mustang painted green.
Hahaha....now imagine..if you are driving one of those Shadow Black Bullitt.....that's even worse.