Sponsored

Bullitt or not ?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
No it's not that one, not advertised yet. They gone let me decide if I have it first before they do.
Assuming it has magnaride it's about 6k over list price. I'm against dealers profiteering and it's definitely frowned upon by Ford which I guess when they find out could stop them purchasing more cars. It's your decision and if you're not on the list already then it depends on how much you want it... :)
Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Assuming it has magnaride it's about 6k over list price. I'm against dealers profiteering and it's definitely frowned upon by Ford which I guess when they find out could stop them purchasing more cars. It's your decision and if you're not on the list already then it depends on how much you want it... :)
Looks to be registered already so is technically a used vehicle, which they can sell at whatever price they want to try their luck with! Thereā€™s always a way round the rules.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
For Ā£55k I'd be picking up a BMW M2 competition pack.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
For Ā£55k I'd be picking up a BMW M2 competition pack.
Some people like me are not into visually bland stuff like that no matter how accomplished. But yes your right it's in that territory and the residuals would be better ..

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some people like me are not into visually bland stuff like that no matter how accomplished. But yes your right it's in that territory and the residuals would be better ..
Yes I get that but others won't. It's more a point that if Ford wants the Mustang to continue to be successful it needs to be ahead on performance as well as styling, especially when charging Ā£50k +. They have a good base but need to build on it properly, such as with a GT350.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
That is hard money but demand far outstrips supply

Make them an offer and play hard ball. Go for Ā£51k (they will still make more on it than a new car) and you have a non-depreciating asset for a while anyway. The Bullitt is always going to command a premium over a normal GT.

The best way to haggle is if you don't need it - then you can walk away. They will not have that many people wanting to buy it as it is a niche product - you may just get lucky if they want the cash flow ! If they don't bite then leave it, but don't be surprised if you get a phone call a few days later.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Go for it. It probably won't depreciate much, might when even go up in value! Think of it as a sensible investment.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Yes I get that but others won't. It's more a point that if Ford wants the Mustang to continue to be successful it needs to be ahead on performance as well as styling, especially when charging Ā£50k +. They have a good base but need to build on it properly, such as with a GT350.
I'm not sure that's true for the majority of buyers... Just look at all the comments where Mustang owners don't want to race, unlike the people trying to goad them into racing in other cars - it's often more about style, experience and modding than it is about outright performance in the UK. I didn't buy my Vettes because they were the fastest, same for the Mustang, I just want something fast enough with a V8 - if it doesn't have heritage and it doesn't have a V8, I'm not interested. I'd no more buy an M2/3/4 than a typical M-car buyer would buy a Mustang - there is a bit of overlap, but not much. My opinion, and coloured by the fact that Yank cars have always been a minority pastime before the advent of RHD Mustangs...so I could be completely wrong :)

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Iā€™d rather walk than own a German car, and Iā€™ve got shot knees.......:surprised::surprised:

In saying that, I wouldnā€™t pay a premium just to own a Bullit, especially if I already had a nice Mustang that had nowt wrong with it...:sunglasses::thumbsup:

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Iā€™d rather walk than own a German car, and Iā€™ve got shot knees.......:surprised::surprised:

In saying that, I wouldnā€™t pay a premium just to own a Bullit, especially if I already had a nice Mustang that had nowt wrong with it...:sunglasses::thumbsup:
i probably would but only on the condition it was labelled gt350r or gt500 and in right hand drive :)

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Buy it! If I had wanted a manual (sorry - am now feeling my age, so have an Auto), I would have loved a Bullitt. Can't really see the "premium" as an issue. It's a registered car, and like all "used" cars, will find its natural level in the market place. In this instance - from what I have heard, demand is outstripping supply - as such there will always be a mark up over list price.
I think it's simply a case of enjoying these sort of things whilst you can. It looks fantastic and a legend/future classic.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure that's true for the majority of buyers... Just look at all the comments where Mustang owners don't want to race, unlike the people trying to goad them into racing in other cars - it's often more about style, experience and modding than it is about outright performance in the UK. I didn't buy my Vettes because they were the fastest, same for the Mustang, I just want something fast enough with a V8 - if it doesn't have heritage and it doesn't have a V8, I'm not interested. I'd no more buy an M2/3/4 than a typical M-car buyer would buy a Mustang - there is a bit of overlap, but not much. My opinion, and coloured by the fact that Yank cars have always been a minority pastime before the advent of RHD Mustangs...so I could be completely wrong :)
I would but an M2, a 911 or of course a Mustang. Im afraid that Ford can only play on the Mustang novelty for so long and will eventually need to step up to the plate on performance. Otherwise it will turn into a bit of a embarrassment with the heritage and it being a shouty V8 and yet losing to a M2 for the same price. Im afraid Ford or starting to fall behind the competition

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
I would but an M2, a 911 or of course a Mustang. Im afraid that Ford can only play on the Mustang novelty for so long and will eventually need to step up to the plate on performance. Otherwise it will turn into a bit of a embarrassment with the heritage and it being a shouty V8 and yet losing to a M2 for the same price. Im afraid Ford or starting to fall behind the competition
It's all very subjective: losing out to an M2 based on what criteria and embarrassing to who? I'd rather have a shouty V8 than a droney turbo-6, but others have different priorities. If you're spending Ā£50K+ on a car, surely the most important thing is that you enjoy owning/driving it? Not everyone wants a 911 because it's the "best" in its category, or a Cayman, etc. I mean, some people even buy Alfa 4Cs :crackup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It's all very subjective: losing out to an M2 based on what criteria and embarrassing to who? I'd rather have a shouty V8 than a droney turbo-6, but others have different priorities. If you're spending Ā£50K+ on a car, surely the most important thing is that you enjoy owning/driving it? Not everyone wants a 911 because it's the "best" in its category, or a Cayman, etc. I mean, some people even buy Alfa 4Cs :crackup:

To op - Your money, your call.

In reply to GW65 or anyone debating "this car that car" your money, your call.
Sponsored