Sponsored

Bullitt mods

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I find the Bullitts wheel gap stock is actually quite good and nearly identical to my 2016 GT with Ford Performance lowering springs.

My rule with mods is to always be able to reverse them in case I preferred it before and in your case you'd fall into that category. Of course, you'd lose out $-wise when selling them used.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just unexpectedly came into some Steeda rear sub-frame stiffeners, and I got to thinking that maybe I would take the opportunity to do a light once over on the suspension
Up to you, but I'm not going to do that. I like not having to worry about every freaking entrance if I'm going to leave the front splitter there or not. I don't like that the front wheel gap is larger than the rear, but it's not glaring, so will leave it alone. In addition, it's never good to lower the car and not change the shocks, which is not possible with MagneRide, so no way I'd risk ruining them sooner with a drop. Plus sacrificing ground clearance.

At any rate, I was thinking of just buying Steeda's G-brace (not the 4-point one, with those 2 front points that dangerously stick down like 2"), and maybe something for the rear (but what?), to balance the handling. But as I mentioned above, I don't want any ground clearance reduction at all. In case of the G-brace, only the bolt heads would be sticking down, but I can live with that. Problem is I run over all kinds of crap in this border city, and if I hit something, don't want it to ruin the car. At least not because of something I did, like lowering it, or installing something that is 90-deg to an incoming object.

I'm also quite happy with the way the car handles overall. Not perfect, obviously, but the perfect balance between performance and good street manners. That's why I'm only thinking of maybe adding the G-brace, and a similar thing on the back to balance it out, which wouldn't change street manners at all, including ground clearance.

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been covered many times before but what is the general consensus on lowering springs and their potential detriment to the lifespan of stocks shocks? I'm referring particularly to Steeda's products, namely their available Magneride lowering spring offerings (probably the cheaper versions that lower the ride height more).

I honestly couldn't be happier with the way the Bullitt suspension performs out of the box (especially w/ Magneride) but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the way S550's look when they're lowered slightly, and even with wheel spacers (something I normally wouldn't even consider doing to my own car).

I just unexpectedly came into some Steeda rear sub-frame stiffeners and I got to thinking that maybe I would take the opportunity to do a light once over on the suspension by completing Steeda's hop kit and adding springs and sway bars. My hesitancy stems from how much I enjoy the stock suspension performance and a desire to not mess up the beautiful work that Ford did, but I know that Steeda has a very solid reputation and makes a high quality product.

What would you guys do?

Thanks.
I went with the ford racing magnaride kit. Springs....sway bars...and a flash for the magnaride shocks. About 20 mm drop. Not much. The best part is the flash that tunes your shocks to the new suspension. It works. I usually drive in sport mode
Plenty comfortable ....even on the bad river roads. Actually smoother on the freeway...less little giggle. The car is ballanced..handles great.
20200519_183415.jpg
20200519_183351.jpg

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Can the magnaride be flashed to give a softer ride in, say wet mode, I find the normal still harsh on Alberta roads.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The problem is the softest ride is with no current on the fluid, so you can't make it any more compliant with just a tune; you'd have to change something internally, like the fluid viscosity, the size of the valves (holes), or both. Hopefully an expert can give you a better explanation :). But yes, I'd like the softer setting a little more compliant too.

As a side comment, I believe MagneRide has only 2 modes: soft and hard. In our case, normal (no current), and sport (12V). And it's the same with Ferraris with MR too my brother owns one), but not sure on the newest models, like our 2019+ Bullitts. But at least it's plausible that if you apply 6V, you can have an in-between mode, but only an expert can answer that. Anybody? :D

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
The problem is the softest ride is with no current on the fluid, so you can't make it any more compliant with just a tune; you'd have to change something internally, like the fluid viscosity, the size of the valves (holes), or both. Hopefully an expert can give you a better explanation :). But yes, I'd like the softer setting a little more compliant too.

As a side comment, I believe MagneRide has only 2 modes: soft and hard. In our case, normal (no current), and sport (12V). And it's the same with Ferraris with MR too my brother owns one), but not sure on the newest models, like our 2019+ Bullitts. But at least it's plausible that if you apply 6V, you can have an in-between mode, but only an expert can answer that. Anybody? :D
The magnaride has a normal...sport plus...track....drag mode. They are all different settings controlled by the computer. Not sure what snow and ice does? Soft setting ? Mine are different across the settings because of the flash.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I'll try snow/wet mode one day and crank up the Sprintbooster so I don't get rear-ended, lol.

Sponsored

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been covered many times before but what is the general consensus on lowering springs and their potential detriment to the lifespan of stocks shocks? I'm referring particularly to Steeda's products, namely their available Magneride lowering spring offerings (probably the cheaper versions that lower the ride height more).

I honestly couldn't be happier with the way the Bullitt suspension performs out of the box (especially w/ Magneride) but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the way S550's look when they're lowered slightly, and even with wheel spacers (something I normally wouldn't even consider doing to my own car).

I just unexpectedly came into some Steeda rear sub-frame stiffeners and I got to thinking that maybe I would take the opportunity to do a light once over on the suspension by completing Steeda's hop kit and adding springs and sway bars. My hesitancy stems from how much I enjoy the stock suspension performance and a desire to not mess up the beautiful work that Ford did, but I know that Steeda has a very solid reputation and makes a high quality product.

What would you guys do?

Thanks.
I went with whiteline magneride springs. The drop is about 0.92 but it gives it this perfect look. So far very happy with it.

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt

Interesting article on Magneride
https://autologicmagazine.com/2020/04/16/magneride-demystified/