Sponsored

Bullitt mods

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
But it has to add noise inside the cabin, even in quiet mode, no? That'd be a deal-breaker for me. Besides, I drove a Bullitt a few days ago, and the sound was just incredible. Can't imagine it sounding any better in sport. And it certainly doesn't have to be louder IMO. But I don't like to make noise just for the hell of it. And yes, I'm 58, so an old fart in the eyes of young punks. Ha ha.
You'll love the car. Buy it!

I'm not far off in age to you and to me the Bullitt is more of a gentleman's Mustang … classy and not pretentious and with a factory exhaust sound that IMO, goes down as the best I've ever heard. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've heard an after-market exhaust that sounds better either. I'm not touching that at all.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If I didn't want to hear the exhaust, this 61 year old would have bought a Tesla.
I want to hear it too, but it's already just about perfect in the loud modes, so why not have it quiet, and have the wife happy? A win-win situation for me :D.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You'll love the car. Buy it!

I'm not far off in age to you and to me the Bullitt is more of a gentleman's Mustang … classy and not pretentious and with a factory exhaust sound that IMO, goes down as the best I've ever heard. Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've heard an after-market exhaust that sounds better either. I'm not touching that at all.
You can say that all over agian; ha ha. Couldn't have said it myself better. I'm working on a deal as we speak. Two other cars fell through. One was perfect, until I saw the pictures with the stupid front place bracket drilled; geez. Why the hell do dealers drill bumpers before selling the cars? The majority of states do not require a front plate, so why ruin the car? That kill that deal. I'm running out of options, so hope one of the 2 pending ones materializes.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Has anyone replaced the paper cone filter with a K&N cone or similar yet? There's got to be one that's a direct swap out there.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Why? They filter for crap, as you should know of any 'wet' RACING filter. And the filter on the Bullitt is identical (same intake) to the VooDoo, which has higher displacement AND much higher rev limit, and it flows enough for that car. So it's absolutely enough for the Bullitt. Do your engine a favor, and leave it alone :). I'm amazed what marketing does in this country, but to each his own.

Sponsored

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Mustang Bullitt K-3298
I am only doing minor cosmetic changes but keeping all OEM parts.
- Wheel Center Caps are going all black, no Mustang
- Rear Bullitt Logo being removed to make the car completely badge less like the original
- Hood struts since this car deserves better
- JLT Oil Catch Can
- Stow and Go front plate bracket
- Rear Taillights replaced with the Euro ones. (Not sure how I feel about this on the Bullitt. On the white GT/CS it was nice)
Where did you order the euro tail lights? How much? Thank you!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Has anybody here put muffler tips on a Bullitt? I don't like how just the tubes look; kind of cheap. I was hoping the GT350 tips fit our cars, but they don't. Found some here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2018-...012348?hash=item2d0ae07c3c:g:~PMAAOSw6xxetVDS , but they have upper and lower brackets, and our cars don't have where to attach the lower ones. And I found on my car holes that could hold the tips in place, but are not aligned with the tips anyway. And the right side ones are occupied with plastic fasteners for a harness (left ones are empty).

I just want something that can slide over them; like a sleeve, that I can just hammer on with a rubber mallet. Couldn't find anything. If somebody has of any such thing, I'd appreciate a heads up :D. Thank you.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Has anyone replaced the paper cone filter with a K&N cone or similar yet? There's got to be one that's a direct swap out there.
The blue Airaid (Ford Performance) washable permanent is the one I (and several others) went with.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
The blue Airaid (Ford Performance) washable permanent is the one I (and several others) went with.
Yes, these are high-flow, low restriction *DRY* cloth filters - no oil required like the K&N.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What do you mean by "just the tubes"?
Maybe I used the wrong word, but what I mean is there're no separate tips over the pipes coming out of the muffler (or welded ones, like most aftermarket exhausts have). Yeah, at least they're painted black, but they still look cheap IMO. Something like what GT350s come with would be fine: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2018-...012348?hash=item2d0ae07c3c:g:~PMAAOSw6xxetVDS . But since our cars don't have a diffuser, the bottom brackets shouldn't be there. And not sure the upper ones line up with the holes our cars have, so can't use those (and maybe they're not even the right diameter to fit our pipes).

At any rate, I'd like just a 'sleeve', with a rolled edge, with the same OEM shape, so I could just hammer them in with a rubber mallet. And retain the stock 'slanted' look. Problem is we can't fit 'off the shelf' double-walled tips, like the ones most aftermarket exhaust companies use, because they'd be too big. I don't think I'll ever find something like that, so will leave it alone, but wanted to ask just in case.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Thanks ... any noticeable improvement in performance or economy?
You're not likely to see any difference from a filter change outside margins of error unless the original filter was very dirty.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Thanks ... any noticeable improvement in performance or economy?
There is a thread somewhere where someone dyno' d the car before and after and got 5hp more. But, if it is freer breathing, can't hurt.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Might be an option then when the original is due for a change.
Sponsored