Bullitt mods

Sheriff59

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mitchell
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullit
My list is in my sig. Only future plans are a set of wheels, H-pipe and 4.09 rear. After that maybe a tune.
Pretty much have a list of things i'd like to do and its most of the stuff you have done lol plus the gears as well and a tune(future plan), how did the Magneride handling pack help?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shibaman

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Pretty much have a list of things i'd like to do and its most of the stuff you have done lol plus the gears as well and a tune(future plan), how did the Magneride handling pack help?
Dont know yet...still waiting for delivery

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
I bought the Steeda jacking rails, but haven't installed them yet. Just the thought of those pinch welds getting crushed gives me the willies (I already have the grooved jack pads, but who knows if the tire shops and others know what they're doing).
Thought of Bending up that pinch weld does make u feel nauseous. Me anyhow.

If you had to estimate the thickness of tubing they used on ur jacking rails, would you say about .125" ( 1/8") ?
I'd guess that wall or lighter.
No heavier I wouldn't think.
Ive never seen a set of these in person.

They look like 1" x 2" x what I'd guess us .125" thick mild steel .

Seen 1 brand where they did some additional cutting, fab work, & welding on the ends.
( BMR perhaps...??)
These went a bit beyond, just putting a big thru hole ( for socket clearance)
on bottom side, and a hole closer to fastener size, in the upper side,
which contacts the floor pan. 2 fastener on ea end I'd suspect as well..

Some mild steel & alloy rectangular tubing has a more gratuitous radius on the corners than others.
Which could in some cases, help w/the tight corner @pinch weld wSeam sealer in the corner.
Obviously scraping some of the dum dum,
( seam sealer/ panel sealant) shouldn't be to big a deal.
I ask those questions, cuz I like to make some of my own stuff on my cars. Not always, but on occasion.

It's not a money saving thing. These guys mass produce nice stuff pretty reasonably priced I'd say.
Usually costs more to do ur self, especially if u dont hav material in Stk already.
I usually gotta buy large minimums from my suppliers. They charge more to buy, say 1/2 a stick of tubing, than to buy a 20' ft length, of just bout anything we use during working hours...
It's a deterrent to people requesting they send out a driver/semi on delivery,
for 10/12 ft of tube.

It More of a hobby thing for us.
But if you really like how urs work out I may just buy a set myself.

Some peeps drink corn liquor & smoke weed for hobbie, i suppose.
I bend tubing, make bracketry, and Tig weld for my high.
Sounds like a PSA announcement..
"Burn rod, not weed" or T shirt material.
Hope your install goes well for you. Lookin forward to hearing bout it. Unless u posted already...

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's definitely more stiff in Sport+ and Track. I don't notice it much in Normal. I haven't had much time to try it as my Winter wheels went on not long after.

Sponsored

Akira-J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
For now I just changed a reversing lights like this and it worked pretty good,$ 70 is well worth it.
TB2PYSRnMfH8KJjy1zcXXcTzpXa_!!2457520727.jpg

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, contemplating buying a bullitt. How is the shifter?
I have a mgw in my 15 and am worried I’d have to upgrade the bullitt’s too.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Magnificent!!!!

Sponsored

sicilianjg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I changed my 2019 Bullitt with a MGW and its the best thing I did. When you look at the stock one with all the plastic you will see why. Plus the shorter throw!! The only thing the reverse is pushing down then left and up instead lifting up. For me its no big deal because of the pluses of the MGW, but then again its a choice.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Depends how you're going to drive the car, I guess. I was expected to be disappointed with my test drive, and for the way I'm going to drive the car, it was a lot better than I expected. If the car I buy is like that one I drove, I wouldn't touch it, but I understand some trannies are not as good as others, so a matter of luck too, I guess. What is clear to me is if you want to manhandle the shifter, it's probably not going to be adequate, but I want the car as a grand tourer, and don't want any extra NVH unless it was absolutely needed. Fortunately, it's not. But drive one, to judge it. Oh, and don' forget you need to break the tranny in for at least 1K miles, so it loosens up a little, and becomes less notchy. I only noticed notchiness on the 2-3 shift, but very little.

2019Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The Borla crossover mid pipe seems pretty great from what I’ve seen. Just the right amount of increased sound by the videos/reviews.

Expensive But made specifically for these cars with active exhaust. And a great replacement for the luggage trunk in the middle of your exhaust

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
But it has to add noise inside the cabin, even in quiet mode, no? That'd be a deal-breaker for me. Besides, I drove a Bullitt a few days ago, and the sound was just incredible. Can't imagine it sounding any better in sport. And it certainly doesn't have to be louder IMO. But I don't like to make noise just for the hell of it. And yes, I'm 58, so an old fart in the eyes of young punks. Ha ha.

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
The Borla crossover mid pipe seems pretty great from what I’ve seen. Just the right amount of increased sound by the videos/reviews.

Expensive But made specifically for these cars with active exhaust. And a great replacement for the luggage trunk in the middle of your exhaust
I did the Borla Switchfire and it is as advertised. Great sound and very happy with it.

But it has to add noise inside the cabin, even in quiet mode, no? That'd be a deal-breaker for me. Besides, I drove a Bullitt a few days ago, and the sound was just incredible. Can't imagine it sounding any better in sport. And it certainly doesn't have to be louder IMO. But I don't like to make noise just for the hell of it. And yes, I'm 58, so an old fart in the eyes of young punks. Ha ha.
There is no doubt that the AE is a great sounding stock system, probably the best I ever heard from the factory. However, the Borla adds a depth of tone and growl that I was looking for, not just volume. Quiet is still plenty quiet enough for me (and my neighbors) and yes, it does add some additional sound to the cabin with the windows up but that's fine with me. If I didn't want to hear the exhaust, this 61 year old would have bought a Tesla. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: