MattBullitt1996

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Hi All,

Just looking for some advise on the white colouration on my front grill. To me it looks like mineral / calcium deposits or just a general deterioration of the plastic, due to the brilliant UK weather. I have tried a wide range of cleaning products and nothing has worked.

Has anyone come across this before?

what was your solution?

Many thanks

20220616_121239.jpg
Sponsored

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
That looks like hard water staining to me. Have you tried a water spot remover or white vinegar? if neither of those is aggressive enough, you might have to try a mild polish applied with a foam swab.

..and also, paging @DFB5.0

OP
OP
MattBullitt1996

MattBullitt1996

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
That looks like hard water staining to me. Have you tried a water spot remover or white vinegar? if neither of those is aggressive enough, you might have to try a mild polish applied with a foam swab.

..and also, paging @DFB5.0
I will give it a go and see what happens. I have already tried some pretty harsh products on it with no results.

Compound and a foam swab is a good shout.

Cheers

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I would try a water spot remover also, certainly looks like mineral deposits. I think you are going to need to polish that though.

Out of curiosity, do you use any of the spray-and-rinse type sealants like Carpro Hydr02, Gyeon Wet Coat or 303 Touchless?

OP
OP
MattBullitt1996

MattBullitt1996

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I would try a water spot remover also, certainly looks like mineral deposits. I think you are going to need to polish that though.

Out of curiosity, do you use any of the spray-and-rinse type sealants like Carpro Hydr02, Gyeon Wet Coat or 303 Touchless?
Yeah, I agree compound seems to be the best solution. I use Dodo juice Future armour (nano-derived technology coating), but this is a spray on microfiber and apply to the car exercise. Non has ever gone on the grill.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yeah, I agree compound seems to be the best solution. I use Dodo juice Future armour (nano-derived technology coating), but this is a spray on microfiber and apply to the car exercise. Non has ever gone on the grill.
That's ok, I have seen instances where those products I mentioned causing white discoloration.

Polishing that grill will be painful. It will most certainly be very soft so start with a mild finishing polish first. If you don't have a rotary attachment like below, use a microfiber towel and wrap it around something suitably small but not sharp.

Sponsored

Last edited: