Sponsored

Bullitt decklid panel - anyone replaced it?

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thank you very much for that info. I live in El Paso, TX, so it should be cheaper, but probably not my much. Will ask for a quote and see what I get. And what kind of film. Shops around here like Suntec better for the heat, but who knows. I did my Porsche with Suntec in Austin (shop recommended by dealer there), and they did a horrible job man. And on a trip I didn't clean the car immediately (triple digit temps), and the bug crap got embedded into the film. Looked horrible, so had to 'paint correct' the freaking film, so you have to be willing to keep washing your car at EVERY STOP if you don't want it to look like that, so beware of that possibility. Need to inquire about that 'issue' with the Xpel, but it's probably the same. We'll see. Thanks again.
I did mine at Pristine Auto north of Indy, since I live in Ohio.
$1,600 for full frontal and due to covid they had a deal on free ceramic.
Paid extra for pocket protectors and did free door edge guards, it's awesome!

Actually saved someone a couple of grand. In a parking lot some kid pulled too far into my bumper. When we pulled the vehicles apart, we saw that there was no damage, only an air bubble on the film. I'm guessing to remove the bumper and repaint would cost his insurance a $2k+, this way film saved it
Sponsored

WhatTheFetch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt / 15 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around to installing my rear deck panel. I'm very happy with it, fits about as good as the original. Has the same slightly larger gap on the passenger side. Found it on ebay, it was a new take off from a 2015 and cost me $72 all in. The dealership wanted $800 for the same part! There were some tabs that I had to remove other than that it was a perfect fit..

fullsizeoutput_3c93.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3c92.jpeg

Last edited:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Black plates like a license plate? Unfortunately I think the black option is available only in CA and mayne like ME. Not in OH
We have TX black ..............

WHSKY RNR.png

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
My wife also said it has no badges, so besides looking weird at the back all plain, the car is a Bullitt, and the Bullitt badge looks better than a Mustang or GT one, and she has a point. So it'll stay :D.
That's my take. It is the one and only thing on the car that differentiates it from the "trailer trash ......."
rofl.gif
God help the first troll that call my lady a GT ...............
willy_nilly.gif

WhatTheFetch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt / 15 BMW M3
Vehicle Showcase
That's my take. It is the one and only thing on the car that differentiates it from the "trailer trash ......."
rofl.gif
God help the first troll that call my lady a GT ...............
willy_nilly.gif
To each his own... I personally prefer the pony over the large Bullitt logo, sort of adds to the under the radar look. I definitely wouldn't want the GT logo though.

There are several other exterior features only available on the Bullitt that help separate them from the rest of the Mustang lineup.

Dark Highland Green paint
Chrome Window Trim
Black Torque Thrust wheels
DeBadged other than the rear deck panel.

fullsizeoutput_3c98.jpeg

Sponsored

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Sleeper. I like it.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
To each his own... I personally prefer the pony over the large Bullitt logo, sort of adds to the under the radar look. I definitely wouldn't want the GT logo though.

There are several other exterior features only available on the Bullitt that help separate them from the rest of the Mustang lineup.

Chrome Window Trim

fullsizeoutput_3c98.jpeg
Now that I could cope with in black. Crazy, I just realized the window trim is chrome. That's gotta go. I hate chrome.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Chrome Window Trim

fullsizeoutput_3c98.jpeg
I think that's the best way to put it - to each their own. In the end, you've spent the $45k+ (or whatever) for it, make it looks as you please, so far I've heard pretty good reasons for keeping the original, or replacing it, etc. The pony does look good as well, haven't really seen anything "bad" looking on people's Bullitts.
I'm not really worried about if people recognize it as what it is or confuse it with GT or something. I just open up the exhaust, roll the windows down, put the pedal to the metal and remind myself why every $ spent on that was worth it...

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ordered the plain black panel today along with Eibach sways. They will be here next week. Company is a 20 min drive from me. Owner goes to the same church. Because of covid-19, everything is shipped. No curbside pickup. Even if I lived next door they said, it would come on a little brown truck ........... Yuck !

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Chrome Window Trim

fullsizeoutput_3c98.jpeg
I may install the black pony I've seen on the web. The smoked rear side markers come first.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I may install the black pony I've seen on the web. The smoked rear side markers come first.
I'd for sure recommend the rear side markers, I have the smoked ones (scroll to the first page of this forum post to see my side-by-side comparison pics). It is a tasteful modernized upgrade without changing much or doing much labor.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Mine were installed yesterday. The DOT marking will cut off any bs from the police.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I went with the regular ones, to keep the car original looking, since the tail lights won't be replaced. But both options are MUCH better than stock, especially when turned on. The only small issue with mine is, for some reason, the socket is not tight at all, like the OEM, so probably not water tight. But I live in the desert, so not a big deal for me. But they might get condensation in winter; we'll see. Other than that, a great improvement.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mine were installed yesterday. The DOT marking will cut off any bs from the police.
Getting hassled by police for this is a thing? I mean, I get dark taillights done with spray paint that become literally dangerous for others, but this is a problem with police?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No way; he just likes attention :crazy:. TX troopers hassle you a lot for not having the registration decal, front license plate, and crap like that. But will never check freaking side markers.
Sponsored