mike62

Mike62
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I feel your pain. My EDD was removed twice and it was ordered on 2/28. I'm frustrated also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

mike62

Mike62
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As for tracking a truck. My dealer said she can't track it. A train yes but not a truck. My car was suppose to be put on a truck today but that was before it was removed.

mwinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 ram 1500 2015 mustang 2.3 ecoboost comp orang
I figured putting 5k down and going through ford financing would help with getting the car I ordered it Jan 22 should have bend here at least a month ago gonna start checking into challengers

CorvetteDreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I figured putting 5k down and going through ford financing would help with getting the car I ordered it Jan 22 should have bend here at least a month ago gonna start checking into challengers
You have other options:

1) Buy off the lot
2) order a 2016 Mustang and wait longer (or maybe not!)

Mustang friends don't let other Mustang friends buy Challengers. Just sayin'.

mike62

Mike62
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm not going to fault him. I might cancel my car but definitely not buy any other except a 2016. He's worst off than my situation. We shouldn't and can't let him buy any other brand.

Sponsored

mwinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well its the fact ford can't get the car here in a resonable amount of time I'm some people had theirs in just over a month if it gets here on th EDD it will be 20 weeks order to delivery don't want to support a company that's not comited to cutomers

CorvetteDreamin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well its the fact ford can't get the car here in a resonable amount of time I'm some people had theirs in just over a month if it gets here on th EDD it will be 20 weeks order to delivery don't want to support a company that's not comited to cutomers
I feel your pain. My 2011 (ordered in 2010) had delays. i was getting highly upset seeing other deliveries and not getting any answers about why it was delayed. Eventually it got released. It was a quality hold. The car had issues that were all taken care of under warranty (including a new clutch at 30k miles.) I was ready to just cancel and wait to find one on the lot or give up on my "dream" car. But when it was delivered, I was very happy. It was the car I built -- the one I wanted. Over time, the anger I felt over the wait faded... eclipsed by the enjoyment of being able to drive "my" car every day and not some compromise.

Ford cares about customers. Maybe not ONE customer but they do care. If your car is on hold for a quality issue, you can bet they want it right before it's delivered to you. The issue, I'm sure, is the total lack of communication. I'd recommend you get the regional rep involved and let them know you're ready to cancel and defer your purchase or buy another product. You're not the first person whose car has been delayed and certainly not the last. They get it. They'll do everything they can to find out where the car is and why.

The reality is one car sale lost out of a hundred thousand... not a big deal. Ford knows they suck at the special order game. That's why they're developing COTUS. But how many new sales are they going to get if they have it? How many order cancellations will result if/when people aren't happy with their EDDs? Or if the date is missed? It can be a double-edged sword and the old system of, "10-12 weeks" or "12-16 weeks at the start of a model year" seemed to work just fine. In this day and age of instant gratification, we've grown impatient.

If I were you, I'd go in and get the deposit back and have them call you when it arrives. If you're still interested, buy it. If not, wish them well selling your spec'd car.

Comparing the S550 to the S197... I still miss the S197 body style. But I love the S550 in every other way. It's a great car and one I'm sure I'll enjoy at least as long as my S197.

mwinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K my dealer ordered a stock order 2 days before mine it was built a month before mine was shipped before mine was built and delivered a month ago I was at an understanding that retail orders after the first set of stock orders were to have proritie over stock orders

Kay5Oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Black
I am still awaiting my car as well, no changes since 4/8. Sitting in awaiting shipment.

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
Have you opened a claim with Ford Service?

Sponsored

DanielSTEJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Convertible
Hi
Who else has a Mustang Built the week of March 30th and didn't have any news from Ford and still waiting in the dark for a shipment date ?

DanielSTEj (from Canada/QC - GT Premium Conv)
Kay50h (from Canada/?? - GT Premium)
Mwinsky (??)
Mike62 (GT )

mike62

Mike62
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The GM at my dealer called me today. We talked about the car. He told me it would be release for shipping on 5/23. I than asked him how long after would I received the car. He said 2 to 3 weeks.

My car was order on 2/28. I told him I was prepared to wait till the middle of June after that I might cancel. He asked if I would consider one if he can find one exactly like mine. with The same options and the 50th package. We talked about canceling the car and order a 2016. Or keeping the car.

If I keep the car I need an incentive like around 3000 off the price since we are close to the 2016s coming out.

I will make the decision when I see the EDD.

DanielSTEJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Convertible
I tried...but im in Canada...and i need to wait 12 weeks after the car is ordered to make a claim...im on week 11....kinda BS in my opinion.
Hi Kay50h,
I tried this way, I did a claim at The Customer Services 2 weeks ago. The guy was suposed to send it to a Customer Services Director but he didn't. Last week I called back saying nobody called me back. So I talked to his manager, he was sorry about that.

Last Thursday I finaly talked to a Director, she said I will try to check what going on with your car.

I called her back today, she sent email last week to the plant but she didn't have answer yet. She will make a recall on Friday if she didn't received news yet.

So don't loose your time on that way, Ford don't care about a single poor customer. I had two stupid questions since more then 6 weeks and nobody can answer :
1) Why my car didn't get ship?
2) When my car will be ship ?

It's a huge mystery, do they have something to hide I don't know and I don't care. I juste want to know why and when. I said if you are waiting for a part, tell me when you will fix it and when is the nex train for Montreal. If the car isready to ship, like it's was suposed to be March 31, when is the next train for Montreal.

My dealer was willing to send a tuck to pick it up at the Plant with some others cars, they said no the garanty will we obsolete.

What can we really do ? Cancel my order, I will do if I didn't received soon but they really don't care.

MichelBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic EB Convertible
It's a huge mystery, do they have something to hide I don't know and I don't care. I juste want to know why and when. I said if you are waiting for a part, tell me when you will fix it and when is the nex train for Montreal. If the car isready to ship, like it's was suposed to be March 31, when is the next train for Montreal.
My build date was 04/20. I'm in the same situation. My car should go by rail to Montreal then to my dealer by truck. My car hasn't been released from the plant. According to Jeff, it's not even awaiting shipment.

I hope you get a solution soon. I don't think I have your patience. I don't see myself waiting much longer.

I feel like my car missed it's original shipment date and now it's considered surplus and if there's room on a rail car it will go. If not then I'm out of luck.

Good luck to you
Sponsored