Build time?

SGRO5.0's

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2014 F150
My car finally went into production on 1/14, yesterday they told me it was in the body shop, 1/22. How long does it usually take start to finish to get one built?
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
My car finally went into production on 1/14, yesterday they told me it was in the body shop, 1/22. How long does it usually take start to finish to get one built?
Based on conversations on Blue Oval, 7-10 days normally.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
1 week to build (5 days) However there are phases after production where the car will sit and wait for a few days. After production has to go thru quality check, then has to wait to be loaded on the train, appears that the train goes from flat rock to Detroit first then gets switched to another line to proceed to its destination, then there is another wait at the distribution center. Keep in mind that after production and quality check, all of the next steps “transit” are done in big batches with hundreds of cars at a time. The web tracker and ford performance chat at best will be 1 day behind real-time with their updates. There are period of time that the status of your car will appear to be stuck. EDD may change +/- a few days all the way up to delivery. Oh also, when in Transit, Ford performance chat can give you updates on where the train car was located at the end of the prior day, but the names of the locations are not city or town names. They may sound like cities or towns but they’re not. They are junction points or check point names on whatever train line (Canadian National, Norfolk Southen, etc), that you car is traveling on. You then have to search the web for the freight network map of the carrier to see where that check point is actually located. Google map won’t show it. My car arrived at the distribution center in Atlanta Monday night (3 days ago), now it’s like playing Bingo to see when a car carrier will pick it up and deliver to the dealership.
Sponsored