Sponsored

17 Build Lead Time and Option Recommendation

DC15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Mustang GT
Before I walk into dealer, does anyone know the 'real/actual' build lead time for 2017 Mustang GT Premium Convertible from order date to delivery? Also, any comments on my build plans would be appreciated. Thanks.

Looking for the following:
2017 or 2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible, 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine, 6-Speed Manual Transmission Magnetic Grey; GT Performance Package with luster nickel painted wheels; Premier Trim in Ebony; NOAH Vehicle Cover. Not sure if 'Reverse Sensing' is needed with camera? Also, not sure about 'Adaptive Cruise', I have it on a Cayenne and luv it, especially in city traffic, but not sure it makes sense in a manual. Any thoughts, comments, recommendations?

After market modifications.
Ford Performance Stage 1 or 2 power pack not sure which one yet; Ford Racing Touring Cat Back Exhaust; Steeda Stage 1 Handling Pack Sport (sway bars and springs); Steeda TriAx short throw shifter; Steeda heel to toe pedal; possibly oil spectator; Steeda 'stop the hop' package. Any thoughts, comments, recommendations?
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I couldn't comment on the ordering process and times. Regarding the reverse sensing, I think it's great! Let's say you're in a parking lot, you start backing and and really can't see past the other vehicles. If your bumper is clear of the other vehicles, it will spot a car coming from down the street that you can't even see, an audible beep and let you know which direction the car is coming from before you even see it on the camera.

Steeda Stop the Hop package I highly recommend and love! It will transform your driving experience with the car!

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
8-10 weeks is the norm.

If its a smaller dealer with no allocations itbwill be longer.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
8-10 weeks is the norm.

If its a smaller dealer with no allocations itbwill be longer.
Not True. I ordered from a high volume dealer that owns six dealers in the Toronto area and it's been 5 weeks I still haven't received a VIN or build date.

Build times are all over the place. Some get VINs the next day, others within weeks and unfortunately months in my case and some others.

I honestly have no idea how the system works.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I couldn't comment on the ordering process and times. Regarding the reverse sensing, I think it's great! Let's say you're in a parking lot, you start backing and and really can't see past the other vehicles. If your bumper is clear of the other vehicles, it will spot a car coming from down the street that you can't even see, an audible beep and let you know which direction the car is coming from before you even see it on the camera.

Steeda Stop the Hop package I highly recommend and love! It will transform your driving experience with the car!
You are describing rear cross traffic alert not backup sensors. The rear cross traffic alert comes with the BLIS in the 401a package. The backup sensors only see things directly behind the car from about 6-10 feet and just a couple feet off to the side of the car. They also only work with stationary objects while you are moving less than 3 mph or moving objects where the closing speed is less than 3 mph. They will not alert you to a car coming towards you down the parking aisle.
That said I have both the backup sensors and the cross traffic alert and I'm really glad I got both. The backup sensor work well with the backup camera to really give you a better idea how far away something really is. The backup sensors are nice so you can audibly be aware of what your rear is approaching while you watch the front end.

Sponsored

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Not True. I ordered from a high volume dealer that owns six dealers in the Toronto area and it's been 5 weeks I still haven't received a VIN or build date.

Build times are all over the place. Some get VINs the next day, others within weeks and unfortunately months in my case and some others.

I honestly have no idea how the system works.
That's because your dealer has used a lot of allocations or put you as a lower priority in the system.

chapscalyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
order the car 4th of july, got my vin 3 weeks ago and build date is this week. any idea when is the delivery date gonna be.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
order the car 4th of july, got my vin 3 weeks ago and build date is this week. any idea when is the delivery date gonna be.
I found it to be 4 weeks from the build date.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Mine took 5 weeks from build day to delivery. I don't know if my Black roof delayed things as others seem to have gotten theirs quicker. I think the stripes add extra time after build as well.