Sponsored

Buddies or sworn enemies?

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
If I can ask what BMW's in purple?, not sure I have ever seen one in purple.

Plus 1 ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
tcman54

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that's about the only one I kinda remember in purple, it almost looks like a wrap. lol.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I remember the E-36 M3 came in purple.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had an M3 (e36 evo) in ā€˜techno violetā€™. That colour flips between purple and blue. I think you got that model in the US but I think yours was more of a kitted out 328 as you got 240 ish bhp v ours at 321.

The second was an e38 7 series that was sourced through the ā€˜individualā€™ scheme. The colour was ā€˜moraā€™ and the creamy / yellow leather was piped in purple to match.

I will post a couple of pictures but I need to get back on my PC rather than phone :like:

WD:like:

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I lived in Germany and had the German spec one with the higher horsepower also, but then bought the U.S. version when I was returning to the U.S. I had to do the Dinan tuning to get it back to the level of the German spec one.

I had an M3 (e36 evo) in ā€˜techno violetā€™. That colour flips between purple and blue. I think you got that model in the US but I think yours was more of a kitted out 328 as you got 240 ish bhp v ours at 321.

The second was an e38 7 series that was sourced through the ā€˜individualā€™ scheme. The colour was ā€˜moraā€™ and the creamy / yellow leather was piped in purple to match.

I will post a couple of pictures but I need to get back on my PC rather than phone :like:

WD:like:

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'd say buddies. It's the same concept for a car - RWD coupe with a front engine and about the same size.

One time I was at a coffee shop and saw a 2SS Camaro (5th gen) in red like my car. I complimented the guy on his car and he just kind of gawked at me and I gestured, "That's my 5.0 over there." And he just responded, "Ew, why'd you get a Mustang???"

I ended with, "Well anyways, cool car..." and walked away.

I liked the Camaro but hated the visibility and the dealership experience so didn't get one.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the thread derail, but for the people that asked about purple BMW's here are the ones I've owned ...

'Techno Violet', it kind of moves from dark blues to full on purples :

Side-NS-View-5.jpg

Front-NS-View-2.jpg

Roof-View-1.jpg

In fuel station lighting at night it was bright purple :like:

And I just have to include an interior shot :

Inside-View-2.jpg

I don't have a lot of photos of my e38, but I found some from a family weekend break. This is 'Mora' which was one of BMW's individual colours :

DSC06089.jpg

DSC06092.jpg

DSC06093.jpg

I would like to see Techno on a S550 with the ceramic interior ... :sunglasses:

WD :like:

(all above photos straight of a old Sony digital camera - no editing)

Blue_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blue
Vehicle(s)
2017 Electric Blue GT

Sponsored
OP
OP
tcman54

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, I had a Probe GT, loved the thing, lol.

That picture was taken in a Michigan Apple Orchard when me and the girlfriend were picking apples.

AbbieApples.jpg

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
Sorry for the thread derail, but for the people that asked about purple BMW's here are the ones I've owned ...

'Techno Violet', it kind of moves from dark blues to full on purples :

Side-NS-View-5.jpg

Front-NS-View-2.jpg

Roof-View-1.jpg

In fuel station lighting at night it was bright purple :like:

And I just have to include an interior shot :

Inside-View-2.jpg

I don't have a lot of photos of my e38, but I found some from a family weekend break. This is 'Mora' which was one of BMW's individual colours :

DSC06089.jpg

DSC06092.jpg

I would like to see Techno on a S550 with the ceramic interior ... :sunglasses:

WD :like:

(all above photos straight of a old Sony digital camera - no editing)
Hey, I had a Probe GT, loved the thing, lol.

That picture was taken in a Michigan Apple Orchard when me and the girlfriend were picking apples.

AbbieApples.jpg
The Apple of your eye, I see you still like Red.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I liked the Camaro but hated the visibility and the dealership experience so didn't get one.
+1 on the visibility and I'll add not enough headroom.

When shopping for a pony car I went to test drive a Camaro. All the sunroof models (nearly all of them it seems) I could not hold my head upright. The dealership had one leftover without a sunroof. I could get upright but the top of my head still rubbed on the headliner. I didn't even bother taking one out for a drive.

Sitting in the showroom car, the roof felt like wearing a baseball cap with a long visor. Around here I would have to duck down whenever first in line just to see the traffic signal.

Last edited:

Patrickt10801

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I parked out in no mans land and had this one park right next to me while we were out having dinner. Never seen the driver but I'm guessing he has the same pic on his phone. Wanted to hang out with the cool kids.

20190906_202153.jpg
Sponsored