Broken Steering Rack on a 2022 Mach 1

OP
OP

ovenbadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
For searching parts on the Levittown site, from the main page, look to the right where it displays a blue button with "Ford Repair Parts". Click the button then choose the "Search by VIN" option where you input your VIN to find the exact parts that fit your specific vehicle.
Thanks for the step by step.
I've already checked there though, there are 3 parts.

LR3Z-3504-S
LR3Z-3504-R
LR3Z-3504-T

All 3 of these are listed as compatible with the Mach 1.

My original question was if its Mach 1 specific or not, there's some conflicting info online. If it isn't, and I can take one off of a 2018+ GT, then I can go and get it fixed within the day. There are thousands of wrecked mustangs here to pick apart.

Edit: I'm aware that it needs to be programmed. That's not an issue, I have the as-built data off the Motorcraft service website, and I believe that's all you need to program it.
Sponsored

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
Thanks for the step by step.
I've already checked there though, there are 3 parts.

LR3Z-3504-S
LR3Z-3504-R
LR3Z-3504-T

All 3 of these are listed as compatible with the Mach 1.

My original question was if its Mach 1 specific or not, there's some conflicting info online. If it isn't, and I can take one off of a 2018+ GT, then I can go and get it fixed within the day. There are thousands of wrecked mustangs here to pick apart.

Edit: I'm aware that it needs to be programmed. That's not an issue, I have the as-built data off the Motorcraft service website, and I believe that's all you need to program it.
The 3 links you provided above... each shows for different wheel sizes. That would most likely point you to what package each rack is for.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
I wonder if it got damaged during shipping (container ship) bound it improperly? They jacked it up thinking they were under the craddle to move it? Weird damage without some kind of strike. Good luck

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
The 3 links you provided above... each shows for different wheel sizes. That would most likely point you to what package each rack is for.
Based on Mach 1 wheel specs, it sounds like the LR3Z-3504-T is the one for his Mach 1.

(I see a common trend on the different part numbers. As tire/wheel sizes increase, the force required to turn wheels (especially standing still) is much greater, so there apparently are some more robust components inside the "T" version that can better handle those forces.)

OP
OP

ovenbadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I wonder if it got damaged during shipping (container ship) bound it improperly? They jacked it up thinking they were under the craddle to move it? Weird damage without some kind of strike. Good luck
This is a possibility, I already know they were careless with it.. When I got the car, it still had the orange spring spacers in it, the dealer didn't even bother going through the proper pre-delivery procedures. Thanks, can hopefully get it fixed before the summer heat starts.

Based on Mach 1 wheel specs, it sounds like the LR3Z-3504-T is the one for his Mach 1.

(I see a common trend on the different part numbers. As tire/wheel sizes increase, the force required to turn wheels (especially standing still) is much greater, so there apparently are some more robust components inside the "T" version that can better handle those forces.)
I spoke with someone from levittownfordparts.com and they said that it's LR3Z-3504-S, maybe the handling pack one uses the LR3Z-3504-T.
Sponsored