Broken clutch spring perch with Pic.

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
So I looked under the dash to inspect my clutch safety switch and I saw that this spring seems to be off its perch. I tried pushing it back on but it won't stay. Is there supposed to be something that keeps it locked in place? What happens if I pull the spring completely off? Any help would be appreciated.
20210723_180439.jpg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nope, there's nothing that keeps it locked in place other than the alignment of the assembly and the spring pressure. Check the top of the clutch pedal arm where it pivots, the weld is probably cracked/broken allowing the pedal to drift over as a whole. Common problem unfortunately.

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Nope, there's nothing that keeps it locked in place other than the alignment of the assembly and the spring pressure. Check the top of the clutch pedal arm where it pivots, the weld is probably cracked/broken allowing the pedal to drift over as a whole. Common problem unfortunately.
Thanks for the reply. Could that also cause a feeling of binding when releasing the clutch pedal? Doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes I feel like something has to move over a little lip or something before it springs back out when I release the pedal.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks for the reply. Could that also cause a feeling of binding when releasing the clutch pedal? Doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes I feel like something has to move over a little lip or something before it springs back out when I release the pedal.
Yeah, especially if accompanied by a creaking noise. The pedal is likely about ready to snap off. Here's a big thread on the subject. Pain in the ass repair. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/clutch-brake-pedal-assembly-removal.104338/

OP
OP

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yeah, especially if accompanied by a creaking noise. The pedal is likely about ready to snap off. Here's a big thread on the subject. Pain in the ass repair. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/clutch-brake-pedal-assembly-removal.104338/
Yeah, I'm reading about it now. Mine doesn't make any noise, but it doesn't always seem to engage the clutch switch which is what i was looking for and the whole reason I even noticed the spring. I figured the switch was going bad, not the pedal breaking. It's a bitch to get under there.
Sponsored