OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Yes. Very cheap stamped metal parts. About 1/2 or so material less compared to the non PP car dust shields.
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a

Sponsored

Saulmoreno7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt Base Modal
I have a base GT 18 with 14" rotors up front and 13" in the rear.

I just got in a set of new old stock Brembo calipers for a 50th anniversary GT for a 15" rotor. Obviously I need new rotors and the dust shield ($5 per side at my local dealership, not bad), but whatelse is needed? I thinking of going 14" calipers and rotors for the rear and install both at the same time.

If I only upgrade the front Brembo calipers and upgrade the front and rear rotors, will I need a different proportioning valve or anything else for the system to function properly?
IMG_9921.jpg
I have a quick question, I Have a 2019 Base Modal GT That comes with the OEM 4 piston calipers and I recently bought the brembo 6 piston upgrade and I was wondering if I could still use the OEM Brake lines?

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a quick question, I Have a 2019 Base Modal GT That comes with the OEM 4 piston calipers and I recently bought the brembo 6 piston upgrade and I was wondering if I could still use the OEM Brake lines?
I used the original brake lines and had no issues.

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I used the original break line (the line that screws into the cable and runs to the master cylinder)but it was recommended to me to add 6 piston brake cables that run from the caliper to the line. Someone please correct me if im mixing up those terms.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I used all the 4 piston hardware as well as the original master cylinder for the brembo upgrade..
no issues. Oh, I replaced all the crush washers.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used all the 4 piston hardware as well as the original master cylinder for the brembo upgrade..
no issues. Oh, I replaced all the crush washers.
Yes all original except for the crush washers.

CORRECTION. I did re-use the crush washers. Dooh.

Last edited:

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Thanks. I think they are going to be a very nice upgrade. I did a test fit tonight while installing adjustable camber bolts. Rotors and pads should be here next week. I am considering stainless lines since like others said, I am already all up in there. LOL. :cheers:
IMG_9939.jpg
IMG_9952.jpg
IMG_9947.JPG
What size wheels are those? I'm looking to do same upgrade and dont wanna have any clearance issues w calipers.
Also did you refuse your old non OP brake hoses for 6 piston calipers?
Thanks Anthony

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not but they clear my SVE 350 rims in 19”. 35 mm backspace so compare that to yours maybe.
What size wheels are those? I'm looking to do same upgrade and dont wanna have any clearance issues w calipers.
Also did you refuse your old non OP brake hoses for 6 piston calipers?
Thanks Anthony
See above for the rim size.

I used all factory/stock hoses, banjo bolts, and crush washers (maybe should have used new crush washers but I had zero issues).