Brembo Upgrade

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
Anyone Upgrade there base breaks to the Brembo's off a PP car. Anything else needed besides the Caliper and rotors?
Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
If you are not buying the calipers with pads then you would obviously need pads. Other than that I think the only other thing that may be needed is the splash shields and new bolts. I purchased the whole kit new from FRP(m-2300-v)but won't be installing until April-ish.
Edit: Just noticed in your signature you don't mention having larger wheels. If you haven't yet, you would need 19's or larger too.

OP
OP
Dat Boi Kumar

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
If you are not buying the calipers with pads then you would obviously need pads. Other than that I think the only other thing that may be needed is the splash shields and new bolts. I purchased the whole kit new from FRP(m-2300-v)but won't be installing until April-ish.
Edit: Just noticed in your signature you don't mention having larger wheels. If you haven't yet, you would need 19's or larger too.
You wouldn't happen to have the part number on the dust shield would you?

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Will the GTPP brembos fit in the 19 x 8.5" premium oem rims? Nom staggered

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

moddirtrcr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Anyone Upgrade there base breaks to the Brembo's off a PP car. Anything else needed besides the Caliper and rotors?

I just installed the Brembo 15 inch 6 piston caliper kit from CJ Pony parts.
http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-rac...nce-pack-ecoboost-base-gt-2015-2016/p/M2300V/

This kit is the same thing that the PP cars come out with from the factory. If you have the 14 inch rotors and 4 piston calipers currently I can tell you the brake lines are the same. The mounting bolts are the same. I am unsure what you have but if you just have the calipers and rotors then the only thing you would need is the dust shield which isn't much of one. The dust shield just basically covers up the about a quarter of the rotor.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Might want to see if the master cylinder is the same. If not you could seriously screw up your brake bias. Especially if you swap only the fronts. It may be an easy part swap but that doesn't mean it's going to work correctly.
Sponsored