Sponsored

Boss manifold going on

Dustin GI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT prem w/pp
I am tired of waiting, after much talk with a tuner, some sponsors of this site and another member, I am hopefully going to put the boss manifold on my GT. I know there are various opinions about the boss, however I am one who must find out for myself. With an exception...

I need to know if the Boss manifold with fit under a stock hood with the liner removed and 3/4 drop UPR motor mounts.

If you know with certainty either yea or nay, please let me know. I am not into a new hood either. I have seen the discussions on the manifolds and that is not what this is, I just need a solid answer so I can move forward or abandon the idea. Thanks.
Dustin
Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
either way, good luck and I hope you are successful. sounds like a pretty cool idea.
how hard is it to drop the motor mounts down the 3/4 inch?

OP
OP

Dustin GI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1-2 Hour install, I will do it while doing the headers

Loyalty_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Fastback GT
Why not throw on the Cobra Jet? Im not sure which one would be best just making an suggestion..

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
The cobra jet is way more, especially when you have to buy the throttle body and air intake to match.

Bama had a boss on their 15, but I'm not sure what mounts they used. I've heard they used adjustable mounts, and heard they modified some to fit.

Guy in the FI forum fit it under the hood without doing mounts by cutting out some of the under material of the hood, and was able to use the hoodliner. That seems to me like 3/4" drop would fit, with hood liner. Fitting it under the strut bar won't happen.

Sponsored

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
It will clear hood with UPR motor mounts, I was following a build that confirmed fitment.

If you are going to stay N/A go with a SCJ.
FI go boss.
If you are going for crazy numbers MMR confirmed their intake will clear the stock hood no motor mounts needed.

Loyalty_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Fastback GT
Nice..Now your making me want to go with boss mani lol I'm interested in seeing pictures and some numbers. Keep us posted!!!

BWys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Guard Metallic
Definitely do a write up with pics and hit us with the dyno numbers. But for those who keep asking about manifolds we are probably looking at within the next year for the first 2015 specific manifold (I know Mmr has one) for NA cars. Ford racing is doing one that is all I know.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dustin GI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to know, looks like it is going on. Thank you UPR and the others.

BWys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, Guard Metallic
Please oh Please do a DIY for this. Not that any of it seems overly complicated I just love seeing pics of peoples projects in progress. And this could be a fun weekend project for myself in the near future!:popcorn:

OP
OP

Dustin GI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will do a DIY with pictures for sure, as far as dyno numbers, I am still trying to track down a dyno near me. When all is said and done I will also do a decent video of driving and such

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I will do a DIY with pictures for sure, as far as dyno numbers, I am still trying to track down a dyno near me. When all is said and done I will also do a decent video of driving and such
What other mods do you have? Be prepared to wing your revs to 7500+ to make the Boss IM shine...if not the car will be slower. Hopefully your tuner knows how to tune for the Boss because it requires changes to the VCT to get the most out of it.

OP
OP

Dustin GI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SW power 1 7/8 LT headers, catless custom connector to H pipe, JLT, and a tuner who knows what is what. The new red line will be 7600 because I am not going to replace the pump gears. If I was I would go higher. The should allow the car to make peak HP for around 800-1000RPMs over factory.
a Lot of this is unknown at this point, it will be a bit of wait and see.
Sponsored