Sponsored

How do the PP Pirellis compare to the Michelins that used to come on the car?

LeroyJohsan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It looks like 21 PP cars now come with P Zero summers instead of Michelin’s. How do they compare? Is it a downgrade?
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yep down grade. Michelin’s are much better.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
First off 99.7% of you's can't throw a car into a corner hard enough to notice any difference in performance between the two. Haha.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Hey guys,

P Zeros came on my 2020 GT. What is this P Zero Nero I keep hearing about? And in any event, do my tires suck? I remember a few years ago when they were considered pretty good; they even came stock on Porsches. I drive the car pretty aggressively and so far haven’t noticed any shortcomings.

And I’m sorry but WTH is a summer vs winter tire? Which are mine? Here in the Deep South we think of winter tires as having metal studs. My 4WD SUV has all seasons and they seem to do the job as well.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
First off 99.7% of you's can't throw a car into a corner hard enough to notice any difference in performance between the two. Haha.

This!!

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
On UK roads at least (lower temps and wetter) you can 100% tell the difference between MPS4S and PZeros. The PZeros are the worst "performance" tyres I've ever experienced. It is noticeable at legal road speeds for me.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Cornering grip isn’t a tire’s sole measure of performance.

The Michelin’s steering is significantly more responsive — it’s both better weighted and engaging at initial turn-in as well as during mid-turn where the feedback is premier. On-center feel is the best on the market and has been for years. The Michelin also responds to bumps in the road better with much less aftershock following an impact.

The Pirellis are dead on center in my opinion, but are still decent feedback tires once you get them warm and in the turn. The ride is more regal, quiet, and luxurious than the sporty Michelins, however the Pirellis do suffer from aftershocks, or more “bounce”, following small impacts and waves in the road.

Steering feel is and has always been a key factor for me. I use Michelins because of this.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
It looks like 21 PP cars now come with P Zero summers instead of Michelin’s. How do they compare? Is it a downgrade?
Which P zero, specifically? If the normal P zero, they're a pretty sizable downgrade. The PZ4 is definitely better than that as is the Corsa. PS4S still king for street summer tire.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Hey guys,

P Zeros came on my 2020 GT. What is this P Zero Nero I keep hearing about? And in any event, do my tires suck? I remember a few years ago when they were considered pretty good; they even came stock on Porsches. I drive the car pretty aggressively and so far haven’t noticed any shortcomings.

And I’m sorry but WTH is a summer vs winter tire? Which are mine? Here in the Deep South we think of winter tires as having metal studs. My 4WD SUV has all seasons and they seem to do the job as well.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw3LwV084oYDHotCjfx0f9f8

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OMG, here we go again. Everyone discussing the P Zero that came on older S550’s PP1 cars. Has anyone driven a 21’ with the current P Zero’s? Do we know if they are the same? Can someone who has a 21’ PP please chime in?

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Sorry, link went nowhere.
It’s supposed to route through letmegooglethatforyou, but it didn’t work for me either. It’s a way of saying “Your questions can be answered by googling, go do that first.”

The one you can’t google, about your P Zeros sucking, was answered before you even asked.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The one you can’t google, about your P Zeros sucking, was answered before you even asked.
So you have driven a 21’ with them? If you haven’t then your comment belongs with the others who really don’t know.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
So you have driven a 21’ with them? If you haven’t then your comment belongs with the others who really don’t know.
Have you? Go quote someone else who actually said they suck. I just quoted the guy who asked a question using his own words and telling him to look at what others have said, which he obviously didn't do.
Sponsored