The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully AE will become a factory option on these cars at some point. I bought my 2019 Gt last year during the Covid deal and got 10k off asking and 0% for 72 months so I couldn’t just say no, even though it didn’t have everything I wanted.
It is a factory option. I did not get it on purpose because I don’t need quiet mode because screw the neighbors. :crackup: Now with my cat back I’m loud as hell and loving it. No need to change to a quiet mode for me.
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I also have the S type and it definitely sounds way different than the videos I listened to. I still like the sound, though. I had some trouble getting a good seal on the clamps and when I finally did it definitely made the car sound a bit more throaty, so there's that. Other then that, though, I've heard a lot of different combos in person and I've learned that the coyote just has a sound of its own. It just won't have that same sound the 4.6 and pushrod 5.0 had before. Granted, some exhausts have sounded more throaty than the s type, but with that also comes a bit more volume. The latter is something I also don't want. The s type feels too loud sometimes. I had my L/T catless car, I'm done with being deaf after a road trip lol.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I also have the S type and it definitely sounds way different than the videos I listened to. I still like the sound, though. I had some trouble getting a good seal on the clamps and when I finally did it definitely made the car sound a bit more throaty, so there's that. Other then that, though, I've heard a lot of different combos in person and I've learned that the coyote just has a sound of its own. It just won't have that same sound the 4.6 and pushrod 5.0 had before. Granted, some exhausts have sounded better more throaty than the s type, but with that also comes a bit more volume. The latter is something I also don't want. The s type feels too loud sometimes. I had my L/T catless car, I'm done with being deaf after a road trip lol.
That’s why I just went with an axle back knowing I’m going with longtubes lol.

OP
OP
dubs99gt

dubs99gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Surprised you didn’t go with just the H pipe first since you have AE. Many say that’s enough for them paired with longtubes
I hear ya. Too late now though.
Question now is, Can you even add a H-pipe to the Borla S-type full catback exhaust system? Finding some threads where they say no buts it’s to the Atak system. Not sure whyyou wouldn’t but don’t want to spend money where it’s not even possible or recommended if I already have full system. Thoughts?

mediumrare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
If you do end up swapping to an h-pipe please make a before & after, I have the s-type too and i've been curious how it would sound with that setup

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Just go with *no* exhaust.. Dump it from the headers!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what happened but I have LTH on my car and I think it melted something in the resonator of my stock AE. For about a month the car had an obnoxious rattle. When we dropped the stock exhaust you could hear a clanging in it. Want to cut it open to find out what is in there. Sounds like several rocks. Anyway, I have a Roush P2 Supercharger and LTH on my 2019. Here is my ghetto video of what it sounds like now with the Type S catback.

Last edited:

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I have a 2020 5.0. Installed full catback Borla S-Type (didn’t go with ATAK as wife didn’t want too loud) wish I would’ve went with Atak maybe now as the s-type doesn’t seem to have the deep rumble at idle that I really want. Sounds good when open throttle. Just deep idle. It does have a x—pipe, would adding an h-pipe add that deep idle tone? Or is it going to be headers? Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
Go with some longtube headers to wake the car up a bit more. Those should give you the tone you're looking for. https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...stang-gt-coyote/exhaust/headers-1/long-tube-1

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)