Borla S-Type Exhaust

dubs99gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
I have a 2020 5.0. Installed full catback Borla S-Type (didn’t go with ATAK as wife didn’t want too loud) wish I would’ve went with Atak maybe now as the s-type doesn’t seem to have the deep rumble at idle that I really want. Sounds good when open throttle. Just deep idle. It does have a x—pipe, would adding an h-pipe add that deep idle tone? Or is it going to be headers? Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Headers will be Loud!!!! I have AE and headers. Just put on a type S. Quiet is great for early starts. Normal is loud but track mode it screams.

will post clips later

OP
OP
dubs99gt

dubs99gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Headers will be Loud!!!! I have AE and headers. Just put on a type S. Quiet is great for early starts. Normal is loud but track mode it screams.

will post clips later
I am new so please forgive, when you say AE, is that aftermarket exhaust? If it is. You have headers and borla s type catback or is AE axle back?
vids would be awesome! Thanks for the info

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I am new so please forgive, when you say AE, is that aftermarket exhaust? If it is. You have headers and borla s type catback or is AE axle back?
vids would be awesome! Thanks for the info
Active exhaust

Sponsored

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
haha. After I posted it. It hit me as I too have the active exhaust.
Hopefully AE will become a factory option on these cars at some point. I bought my 2019 Gt last year during the Covid deal and got 10k off asking and 0% for 72 months so I couldn’t just say no, even though it didn’t have everything I wanted.

OP
OP
dubs99gt

dubs99gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Hopefully AE will become a factory option on these cars at some point. I bought my 2019 Gt last year during the Covid deal and got 10k off asking and 0% for 72 months so I couldn’t just say no, even though it didn’t have everything I wanted.
That would be hard to pass on. Don’t blame ya there. Should make good on your trade if you ever do. Can’t believe the 2022 going to have less horsepower. I know it’s only 10. But just sad what world is doing to muscle cars, IMO

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I have a 2020 5.0. Installed full catback Borla S-Type (didn’t go with ATAK as wife didn’t want too loud) wish I would’ve went with Atak maybe now as the s-type doesn’t seem to have the deep rumble at idle that I really want. Sounds good when open throttle. Just deep idle. It does have a x—pipe, would adding an h-pipe add that deep idle tone? Or is it going to be headers? Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
H pipe will give you that deeper rumble.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I took advantage of the same offer. I was looking at 2020's at the time and they dropped 0% interest on that year but still offered it on 2019's. Rolled the Roush P2 Blower into the 0% interest. What's funny is I traded my 2018 GT that was valued at $28k and got $36k for it because it had the same Roush kit on it. Although, when I was in Arkansas last year there was a 2019 Raptor that was loaded for $65k.. Should have bought it cause they are hard to find now.

When I bought my 18 I was considering a 2019 with Need For Green color but ended up buying one that was in stock instead. Still ended up with N4G in the end. Love this color.

mediumrare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Did you just install it? the sound might change a bit in 1k miles or so

Sponsored

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had it installed for about 500-700 miles so far.
Surprised you didn’t go with just the H pipe first since you have AE. Many say that’s enough for them paired with longtubes

OP
OP
dubs99gt

dubs99gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Surprised you didn’t go with just the H pipe first since you have AE. Many say that’s enough for them paired with longtubes
The s-type catback came with x-pipe. They make an h-pipe for it I believe. May give that a go.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The s-type catback came with x-pipe. They make an h-pipe for it I believe. May give that a go.
No, I’m saying I’m surprised you didn’t just go with an H pipe and not a complete catback first.