Sponsored

Borla Atak CB vs Roush AB + X-pipe

Jkral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Debating between the two. I have a '17 GT PP and I like the sound of both. I prefer a deeper tone and having trouble determining from the two. Is the Borla worth the almost $500 more than the Roush and x-pipe? Borla seems overall louder but Roush is a deeper tone. Any advice would help, I've been watching videos for weeks and everything is starting to blend together . Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jkral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Leaning towards Roush AB with H pipe.... can't make a decision!

Joebroni

Frac E-Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 50th
Honestly you need to probably head to a Cars/Coffee or a local car meet and find some Mustangs. I have watched almost every video on American Muscle and they all sound so similar. The sound equipment is hard to get right, especially with loud systems.

I have read several times that Roush AB + X-Pipe is one of the loudest combinations. Even rivaling the race systems with no mufflers. IMO it's really what the car should sound like, until you get to long tubes and deletes/high-flow cats. Keep in mind, cold starts are obnoxious and I hope you have some cool neighbors, because you'll get complaints with that combo.

I run the Roush/X combo and love it. Haven't heard another pair I like more. I have a co-worker with Borla mufflers and an unknown H-pipe, and he's on the market for another exhaust. He doesn't care for the sound (but bought the car with it). Not sure if it's the Borla he has a problem with or the crossover. But that's the only anecdotal evidence I have.

So yeah, so find some Mustang owners near you and listen to their setups. Videos just won't really help imo.

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
I have read several times that Roush AB + X-Pipe is one of the loudest combinations. Even rivaling the race systems with no mufflers. IMO it's really what the car should sound like...

So yeah, so find some Mustang owners near you and listen to their setups. Videos just won't really help imo.
I agree. Loudest at WOT I have ever heard I have a video that will help. Sounds the same as when I heard it in person, just a bit less "ambiance"...per se....

This car has Roush AB with FRPP X Pipe.

Makes my magnaflow comps sound quiet as hell....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVh--aohurF/

OP
OP

Jkral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sounds good! Thanks for the response. I'll update with what I get and when I figure out how, I'll post a video.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
first, if you want deep, you want an h, not an x, x is going to give more of a rasp / euro sound where h's will be deeper more muscle sound

sounds like you want an h

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Dude in my neighborhood has Roush AB with an H-pipe... sounded mean as hell. He has stock manifolds whereas I have full length headers.

I'm a total Borla fan (been on all my performance cars in the past) but I'm thinking H-pipe for sure, Roush is leading the pack for AB's.

marylandspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Give us a call @443-730-9428 for the best price on whichever you decide. We sell both systems. We also sell Corsa as well. Ask for Kristie! You can check out our current sale linked below. But for the best price call!

https://marylandspeed.com/july4-i-24.html

Sponsored

tcclindy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krazy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Old thread awakens...IMO, the Borla sound 1000x better than the Roush in that video.
I took the video of the Roush just before I threw on the Borla, the Roush had about 9k miles on it, Borla was brand new with no miles, only have a few hundred miles on Borla now but it’s breaking in and sounding better IMO.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
first, if you want deep, you want an h, not an x, x is going to give more of a rasp / euro sound where h's will be deeper more muscle sound

sounds like you want an h
Unless you add in some vibrant resonators, this is very true. Roush AB and H-pipe is the way to go if you want really loud and deep.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I have LTHs, Roush ABs, and a catted-X. It was overbearingly loud at times. Finally I put resonators in and it made the sound just right. Got rid of the ridiculous rasp and now it sounds raw and clean.

I've had a ton of compliments on my setup within the past year alone. I constantly get thumbs up on the highway or someone pulling up next to me saying that ish sounds great! Some of it is from the looks of the car, some of it is from the exhaust mods, some of it is because it's a V8.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Roush Axle Backs plus H-Pipe ftw! Awesome deep sound and loud!

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I'm Longubes, no cats, x-pipe and Roush AB and it is the most loudest, obnoxious setup I've ever heard. I litterly can't drive around with the window down because it's ear piercing. I'm going to throw a set of resonators in first and see then with the resonators still in switch to an H-pipe and see how that sounds...lol
Sponsored