Sponsored

Boosted Engine bays!

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same set up...were did you get your coil covers? The black and red looks great!
I painted them myself
Sponsored

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This thread was a helpful visual during the whipple install, here's how mine came out.
IMG_2789.jpg
IMG_2787.jpg
IMG_2788.jpg

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
The above (@Gee) is a very clean setup. I like it!

Reactions: Gee

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The above (@Gee) is a very clean setup. I like it!
Thanks man, appreciate it. I definitely took my time and was pretty finicky about how hoses, cables, etc were routed. If you compared this with my first power adder install (Nitrous Express wet kit on a 99GT), I've come a long way, haha. Really happy with the end result, much of it owed to info and pics on this forum.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Took a few pics today that I liked.

img-20190324-172905-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

coyote_on_kraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (EU)
My Kenne Bell 2.8LC with 10 RIB Kit (ATI-Damper non OD) and a Meziere electric water pump. I also run an oversized Adler aluminium-watercooler with a Reische thermostat and an upgraded VMP triple pass dual fan ATW-Intercooler.

Engine Internals are untouched apart from an MMR OPG & CS ; MMR Gen X Billet chain guides ; Primary and secondary tensioners ; Pickup Tube and the head cooling mod.

Makes a healthy 720 ehp / 580 tq (ECE-Corrected axle dyno) on just 8.7 PSI (largest pulley ; Longtubes with HJS-EU6-cats and 3inch exhaust). I run a custom-tune for our European 102 super unleaded which should equate to 95 octane US.

IMG_7432.jpg

Staimpedance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford F250 6.0L, 2016 Subaru Forester XT, 2019 Roush RS3 Mustang GT
I posted this in another thread, but love it so much that I'm willing to do it here too!

Bone stock Roush RS3 (for now, already planning out headers and x-pipe) w/ Roush TVS 2650
9CF2C8B6-7CA3-49FC-8170-27F8BF4C16F1.jpeg

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
This thread was a helpful visual during the whipple install, here's how mine came out.
IMG_2789.jpg
IMG_2787.jpg
IMG_2788.jpg
Gotta be one of the if not the cleanest install I’ve seen, setting the bar high. Did you consider getting the Whipple in magnetic as well to match your coil covers? I ask because I’m considering the Gen4 later this year and would like to have it all match. I apologize if you already answered this but did you do the coil covers or did you have them done.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta be one of the if not the cleanest install I’ve seen, setting the bar high. Did you consider getting the Whipple in magnetic as well to match your coil covers? I ask because I’m considering the Gen4 later this year and would like to have it all match. I apologize if you already answered this but did you do the coil covers or did you have them done.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. When you're faced with plenty of time during a long winter in the northeast, you have the option to take your time. :)

I've since added my own custom sound tube to bring a little more whipple volume into the cabin (may add it to the DIY section once I get sound clips) and although you can't really see it (if you look real close under the "e" in the whipple badge on the side of the supercharger), there's a vacuum/boost reference connection going into the drivers side port on the lower manifold. Another couple of things I wanted clean and hidden.

I didn't consider having the blower paint matched. With all of the black already in there I thought it would look fine without spending the extra dough. I bought the paint matched coil covers from JLT back when they used to sell them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Thanks man, I appreciate it. When you're faced with plenty of time during a long winter in the northeast, you have the option to take your time. :)

I've since added my own custom sound tube to bring a little more whipple volume into the cabin (may add it to the DYI section once I get sound clips) and although you can't really see it (if you look real close under the "e" in the whipple badge on the side of the supercharger), there's a vacuum/boost reference connection going into the drivers side port on the lower manifold. Another couple of things I wanted clean and hidden.

I didn't consider having the blower paint matched. With all of the black already in there I thought it would look fine without spending the extra dough. I bought from paint matched coil covers from JLT back when they used to sell them.
Thanks for a great reply, I may pick your brain on some does & donts on cable and hose management this fall once I make my decision. Look forward to seeing your custome sound tube if you post it.

Reactions: Gee

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Upgrades and datalogging have been done for two weeks. Time to get out and enjoy the money I spent on upgrades that I didn't need.
SilverEngine.jpg

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Does that filter look like it was just oiled?......no right?......but why?.....bc i just oiled it...... The oil was old..... maybe that's it.
IMG_1831.jpg