Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Tried to make it happen again last night and no luck. Not sure if was something with the tune and the car adjusted? Thinking maybe I went WOT right as the trans was getting ready to shift. :shrug:

Anyways last night was all tire spin and rainbows.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Got it to act up this morning while logging so hopefully I'll know something when lund looks at in the morning. Have a sinking feeling there is more than tire spin going on but I'll be happy if i'm wrong.

My other concern is when it slipped/spun the car hit 8k on the log. Best case scenario OPG, TG, are going in ASAP. Worse case i'll be feeling the wife's furry. LOL

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Look at the log, pay attention to rpm and output shaft speed. When it happens, do they basically track each other, or does rpm flare way up while output shaft speed stays about the same? If it's the latter, then it's not wheelspin, and is in the transmission.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
6r80's are alot stronger then that, data log it and send it back to the beef..something is wrong and it aint the transmission!

You gotta order some dr's regardless don't know why your trying to put down 650+ hp through a set of pirellis!!!

OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Got got word from the tuner. :doh:

"I hate to say it, but something is slipping for sure.

After the second pull where you went to about 80% throttle the RPM shot up to 8k while the MPH barley moved. This typically indicates a clutch pack is slipping in the current gear.

At that throttle angle the convert will be locked as you are in Optimal Power mode.

Sorry for the bad news, let me know how I can help further."

Guess I have some trans work in my near future.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Got got word from the tuner. :doh:

"I hate to say it, but something is slipping for sure.

After the second pull where you went to about 80% throttle the RPM shot up to 8k while the MPH barley moved. This typically indicates a clutch pack is slipping in the current gear.

At that throttle angle the convert will be locked as you are in Optimal Power mode.

Sorry for the bad news, let me know how I can help further."

Guess I have some trans work in my near future.

Pretty much what I figured for ya. That sucks.

Also imo more than likely your trans was on the way out before installing the supercharger, just that the extra power exposed the weakness.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
that sux man sorry to hear it...well look at the bright side you get to build it up so it never happens again...

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
THAAAT'S what I was afraid of. 6R80's ARE strong, but like any man made device, not every one ever made is 100% perfect. Sometimes there are minor defects that don't show during normal use, or the tune could have caused it. Not saying it did cause it, simply that it's possible for a tune to cause such issues.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Beefcake sells a upgrade kit that has everything you need. And while your at it check out circle d converters I'm getting a 5c installed when my car goes in for my na build!

OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Pretty much what I figured for ya. That sucks.

Also imo more than likely your trans was on the way out before installing the supercharger, just that the extra power exposed the weakness.
I agree 100%. Still kind of surprised with my previous setup this happened. Never really dogged the car too hard or often. Not really upset about though just price you pay to play and the car should end up being better after the upgrade.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
THAAAT'S what I was afraid of. 6R80's ARE strong, but like any man made device, not every one ever made is 100% perfect. Sometimes there are minor defects that don't show during normal use, or the tune could have caused it. Not saying it did cause it, simply that it's possible for a tune to cause such issues.
Had Bama, Lund, Steeda, and a custom dyno tune on the car. Didn't have the Steeda on there very long so most of the time was spent between the other three. Not sure if one tune was harder on it or not. I mostly blame the driver. :D

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
It happens sometimes. I doubt any of the first 3 tunes you listed damaged it, I have no way of guessing about the custom one. It could be a factory defect that had the transmission already going, like someone above mentioned. I bet you'll LOVE the car when you get this fixed and can lay down that power without worry.

OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Guess this could be moved to transmission and drivetrain but i'll ask it here.

So we know there is slippage in the transmission and I have been just assuming its the clutches. I have made it happen in 1&2 gear but I think it has happened in third also. Any chances that it is the converter? Not really sure if there is a way to distinguish the root cause before taking it apart. Would love to have all the parts I need on hand before taking it apart.

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
It's possible I suppose, but I think it's much more likely the clutches.