Sponsored

Boosted 350's come on in!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
lol, im not making fun of you, i was reading your thread like holy crap on your turbo car......andthen saw this one and im like...jesus christ lol.

yes i’m sending the car down to limitless for a turbo kit next week
No offense taken even even if you did .

I have had my share of engine failures and some . Lol
A friend has called me the “Coyote killer” and some say around here I could break a ball bearing in a rubber factory !

Hoping my luck changes with the RPG built motors and thinning the heard down to just 2 cars (I should have half the risk of breakage according the law of probability lol)

Seriously though , every time you boost these cars there is an inherent risk you are going to blow up your motor /transmission or something.

Never a bad idea to have funds in “reserve” for if that happens .
It has happened to me so often I started building “spare” motors to minimize down time .

Definitely plan to keep a “spare “ for the cars I keep.
Sponsored

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No they do not, only forged sprocket on the 19+. Verified from FP.

I'm doing boundary OPG this weekend in preparation for Aldo turbo kit.
Isn’t that still better than pre-19 powdered metal/cast OPG? When was forged confirmed ?

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
90% of my Gt350's life has been spent above 800RWHP, 12,000 supercharged miles now and 2.5 years under boost. Still on stock OPG's, and whipple tuning, zero issues.... The Voodoo is extremely capable.
Amazing to hear. Very good to hear.

Seems like Whipple and ProCharger are equally liked these days by GT350 owners.

Is it confirmed that even with the new Whipple Gen 5 the STB cannot be used?

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Amazing to hear. Very good to hear.

Seems like Whipple and ProCharger are equally liked these days by GT350 owners.

Is it confirmed that even with the new Whipple Gen 5 the STB cannot be used?
Every picture of an installed Gen5 on the GT350 that i've seen, strut bar is missing.

...and yeah, I just crossed 10k Whipple miles and so far so good :fingerscrossed:. A little bit of oil burn during the heavy rpm spirited weekends, but all is still good under normal driving conditions.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
No they do not, only forged sprocket on the 19+. Verified from FP.
Isn’t that still better than pre-19 powdered metal/cast OPG? When was forged confirmed ?
I think you may have misunderstood him. The 2019 is still using a powdered cast OPG. He's saying the crank sprocket is now forged. The crank sprocket is what drives the timing chains; different from the OPG.

Sponsored

Paperdude2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2018 Range Rover
Finishing up on my Gen 5 Whipple install on a 2016 GT 350. I want to Dyno the car when complete to validate the power gain. I know this has been discussed before but should the Dyno pull be done in 4th or 5th gear and do you turn traction control off.
Just got my car off the dyno today. I installed the Whipple Gen 5 system with the 132mm throttle body. No other mods other than the MMR oil pump gears and crank gears....on pump gas 93 octane the car made 731 WHP and 481 TQ. Torque curve was totally flat from 3200 rpm to red line all at 9.9 lbs boost. Used a Green Bay Wisconsin tuner ( Beyond Redline ) to dyno tune car vs Whipple tune. I will pick car up on Thursday and drive home (250 miles)... will post dyno graphs later.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
What pulley ?

Sponsored

Paperdude2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Is that the base pulley that comes with the gen5 ?
Yes...they claim that for every 0.125” you go down in size you will increase boost by 1 lb. Therefore drop to say a 3.5 “ pulley and you should run about 13 lbs boost. I’m OK with the horsepower but I was wishing for more torque than 481....although it builds to max TQ at about 3200 rpm.

Paperdude2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
anyone chime in on labor for a Whipple install + OPGs + crank sprocket? I'm guesstimating around $1800 total for labor? sound about right?
Add about $750 to that if you want some custom dyno tuning. I bought the Whipple tune but changed it out immediately. My tuner picked up about 80 WHP over Whipple with a conservative tune.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Add about $750 to that if you want some custom dyno tuning. I bought the Whipple tune but changed it out immediately. My tuner picked up about 80 WHP over Whipple with a conservative tune.
wow really? the whipple tune is that bad? does it have a bad reputation generally? wasnt aware of this. thx.

Paperdude2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
wow really? the whipple tune is that bad? does it have a bad reputation generally? wasnt aware of this. thx.
I think the problem is they do a very general tune....and if you have issues and questions get ready for an endless exchange of emails cause it’s very hard to talk directly to tech support.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Yes...they claim that for every 0.125” you go down in size you will increase boost by 1 lb. Therefore drop to say a 3.5 “ pulley and you should run about 13 lbs boost. I’m OK with the horsepower but I was wishing for more torque than 481....although it builds to max TQ at about 3200 rpm.
I have a Whipple 3.750 pulley available that I had installed, practically new. Maybe put 500 miles on it before swapping it out.

A nice set of long tube headers and one size smaller pulley should net you 800/550+.

anyone chime in on labor for a Whipple install + OPGs + crank sprocket? I'm guesstimating around $1800 total for labor? sound about right?
I'd say that's close. I was charged $800 in labor for the OPG + Sprocket install. If I'm not mistaken I was quoted around $1100 - $1200 for the Whipple install, though I had already planned on installing myself.
Sponsored

Last edited: