AZtrophy

AZtrophy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Procharged
MyLilPony When you got the wastegate setup working, did you find that spring pressure was equal to boost or half? I'm seeing both thrown around and not sure if this is also playing a factor.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AZtrophy

AZtrophy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Small update: I set the duty cycle to 65% and did a 7400rpm pull. Boost controller peaked at 6.5psi. Something definitely isn't right.

It seems like it's only using WG spring pressure (5.8psi), I guess with a little overboost? That doesn't make sense though as I checked the plumbing multiple times and it's as indicated here in the thread.

Could the ebc be reading reasonably accurate vacuum levels but have issues on boost?
Is the WG a dud?
Any debug processes that can be employed here?

Update to my update: Alex @ Lund just looked at the log from the aforementioned 7400rpm pull and noticed that peak load was consistent with ~9psi. That's probably pretty close to the dash readout but it was getting a little squirrelly so I wasn't locked on to the display.

Given that the Procharger should be closer to 16psi at that rpm, this seems to confirm that either the WG, EBC or both aren't working. Since the boost is in fact being limited, I believe that points toward the EBC.

I'm going to swap out the WG springs to either 8.7psi or 10.15psi - probably the latter - to see if the ebc reads closer to the increased spring pressure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AZtrophy

AZtrophy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I swapped out the WG springs last night to a combo that yields 10.15psi and made sure all plugged ports were nice and tight [hey now!].

Currently, at the lowest duty cycle setting (10%), the ebc peaked at 8.6psi. I also datalogged with the X4 and saw peak load of 1.65. Inferring from what Lund told me (1.5 ≈ 9psi; 1.7 ≈ 11psi), the load indicates ≈ 10.65psi.
  • WG spring pressure: 10.15psi
  • Duty Cycle: 10%
  • GFB G-Force III Peak Boost Readout: 8.6psi
  • SCT X4 Peak Load: 1.65 or roughly 10.65psi
  • Dash Boost Readout: 10.x (I don't recall the tenths digit but point is that it was essentially in line with expectation)
Going off of peak load, it seems to be pretty consistent with the wg spring pressure. This makes sense with 10% duty cycle as well since that's essentially turning the ebc off.

I continue to struggle to rationalize the peak boost reading on the G-Force (8.6psi) and am actively questioning the manufacturer. Will let you guys know if I come up with anything useful.

OP
OP
AZtrophy

AZtrophy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
To continue my virtually one-sided thread, it seems Occam's Razor wins again...
GFB suspects that the internal MAP sensor in the G-Force III head unit is bad.

I'll confirm here if it fixes the problem in the event that it's helpful for anyone down the line.
Sponsored