Sponsored

Boost drop? Hellion TT w/ EBoost

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So I just finished getting together my 2020 Hellion Sleeper TT setup.

While all tuning and data logging was done, the EBoost Street was eventually set to a SP1 (set point) of 40 which yielded a max of 14.1 psi.

Over the last two days I’ve made a couple of hits to essentially get a feel for the car and run some 60-130 times and have only seen a max psi of 13.5#. I looked at logs and everything looks great, zero knock, fueling and everything looks great.
Could this simply be due to changes in e85 quality or weather? Am I being paranoid that I’ve only lost .6 psi?
Also, I know that there’s been issues with excess back pressure through exhaust setups. I have a MBRP Street full 3” turbo back exhaust and have contemplated cutouts...
just want to make sure anyone with similar setups haven’t seen issue with what I have going or anything I could look at. How to recognize/verify a leak ?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I just finished getting together my 2020 Hellion Sleeper TT setup.

While all tuning and data logging was done, the EBoost Street was eventually set to a SP1 (set point) of 40 which yielded a max of 14.1 psi.

Over the last two days I’ve made a couple of hits to essentially get a feel for the car and run some 60-130 times and have only seen a max psi of 13.5#. I looked at logs and everything looks great, zero knock, fueling and everything looks great.
Could this simply be due to changes in e85 quality or weather? Am I being paranoid that I’ve only lost .6 psi?
Also, I know that there’s been issues with excess back pressure through exhaust setups. I have a MBRP Street full 3” turbo back exhaust and have contemplated cutouts...
just want to make sure anyone with similar setups haven’t seen issue with what I have going or anything I could look at. How to recognize/verify a leak ?
Thanks!
I don’t think that exhaust is a problem. People have problems with the stock active exhaust causing back pressure but 3” exhaust never seams to be a problem

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
When you did the original tuning and datalogging and saw 14.1 psi, were you on the street or dyno?

OP
OP

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What's the 60-130 looking like?
only tried twice, haven’t gotten a great run in yet. My best was 5.2 sec but I spun 4th and short shifted to 5th as I panicked about hitting redline before letting it eat. Thought about adding a sandbag to the trunk and try for 4’s.

When you did the original tuning and datalogging and saw 14.1 psi, were you on the street or dyno?
Hasn’t been on a Dyno yet, all Street tuned. I have a scheduled time for Jan 20th to look at everything. That was the earliest I could get.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Hasn’t been on a Dyno yet, all Street tuned. I have a scheduled time for Jan 20th to look at everything. That was the earliest I could get.
I was asking because boost levels may vary between street and dyno due to load differences, but that isn't a factor here.

5.2 60-130 on the street on 13-14 psi is pretty good. Probably has a high 4 in it.

OP
OP

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I was asking because boost levels may vary between street and dyno due to load differences, but that isn't a factor here.

5.2 60-130 on the street on 13-14 psi is pretty good. Probably has a high 4 in it.
Thanks man. Yeah, traction is the biggest issue.... that and making sure there’s no issue causing the boost drop that I need to look into besides increasing my set point to get that 14 psi back.

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
double check all your tband and vband clamps for leaks. i used a lil soapy water for vbands and i hand tightened the cold side plumbing to make sure they are on there correctly.
Also check you vacum lines to the wastegates I had a simliar issue when a vacum line was too close to hot side pipes and melted.

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
My set points are similar with my Hellion Kit and eboost. I’ve noticed I sometimes get a .3- .5 boost spike when I let off the throttle. It happen all three times on the dyno on 9, 11, and 15 psi.

I also put down a 5.25 60-130 hitting it at 9psi and raising it to 13 when I could. I need to get a button on the steering wheel for that soon. My goal is high 4’s.

OP
OP

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My set points are similar with my Hellion Kit and eboost. I’ve noticed I sometimes get a .3- .5 boost spike when I let off the throttle. It happen all three times on the dyno on 9, 11, and 15 psi.

I also put down a 5.25 60-130 hitting it at 9psi and raising it to 13 when I could. I need to get a button on the steering wheel for that soon. My goal is high 4’s.
Nice! I’m hoping a Dyno will give me a little more info. In the mean time I’m going to check all my lines and clamps over. I may decrease and raise the set point a few points and see what happens. If it adjusts accordingly then it’ll ease my mind, if raising my set point doesn’t yield a raise in boost, I know I have a leak or issue somewhere.
Sponsored