Sponsored

Boost Box Omega

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Any vendors or anybody get their hands on one yet? Love the fact that it’s plug and play with an sct option, but I know they’ve had accuracy issues with previous boost box versions. Logging boost would be a great function for remote tuning and just for my personal info.
Sponsored

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Any vendors or anybody get their hands on one yet? Love the fact that it’s plug and play with an sct option, but I know they’ve had accuracy issues with previous boost box versions. Logging boost would be a great function for remote tuning and just for my personal info.
Mine just came in the mail today. I should have my car back in a day or so. I expect to do a couple of logs and shoot them over to Lund because I'm curious to see how it turns out as well.

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Sweet. Let us all know how it works out!

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I'd love to use one but like you mentioned, the prior design had an issue with accuracy. Jon Lund Jr. told me it was because it didn't have any smoothing, but that didn't help me figure out what my boost was lol.

Excited to see results.

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I should hopefully be able to get an idea of how it's reading compared to the eBoost 2 in the next couple days. It's just finding enough of a clean straightaway around here that's the hard part anymore.

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I should hopefully be able to get an idea of how it's reading compared to the eBoost 2 in the next couple days. It's just finding enough of a clean straightaway around here that's the hard part anymore.
See if you can get a video of the eBoost 2 during the pull that you log. That way you can directly compare them.

My eBoost 2 would show 12.0, 12.0, 12.1, 11.9, 12.0, 12.1, 11.8, 12.0
My boost box (NOT this new model) would show 12.0, 10.7, 12.2, 11.1, 12.5, 10.9, 11.8, 12.2

I don't remember my exact results but it was something like that. I ended up removing the boost box.

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Hurry up so we know if we should buy or not! Lol

16silverbullet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hold up, Are you saying that the older ones could be off? I have a boost box and i also have a GFB Gforce 2 and they are off by 1.5-2 psi. Ive always just went with the boost box numbers because lund tuned it.

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Yes. That is correct. Issues are well known with the previous boost boxes.

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
not to mention it was a pos in general. My nipple broke with barely any force when trying to replace vac line

Sponsored

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I was wondering about that. When I asked, I was told that it's purely plug and play with the NGauge Neither the calibration nor instructions list anything about plugging it into a vacuum line. So I'm wondering if this is supposed to gauge it based on a comparison of input sensors (such as MAF) for ambient atmosphere or if I need to T it in.

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
It’s got a nipple for a vac line. So yes, you’ll need to T into a line that sees boost. The plug and play is just in reference to wiring.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
My original boost box has been on my car for over a year and has been flawless. I did mount it inside the cabin though so maybe that’s why. Didn’t want it out in the engine bay.

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
My original boost box has been on my car for over a year and has been flawless. I did mount it inside the cabin though so maybe that’s why. Didn’t want it out in the engine bay.
I’ll probably do the same. Way easier to snake a small vac hose in the cabin than a cable with connector.

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hoping to do the install this Saturday. Been busy with work all week. Any suggestions on where to mount it inside the cabin that will keep it somewhat accessible but out of the way?
Sponsored