Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
For you guys that have done air intake, long tubes and exhaust with tune , was there a noticeable difference in the cars power and drive ?

When I went fbo with my bmw 335xi , there was a big difference
Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Drive (anytime you do something where tuning is changing) you’re going to free something. Yes Again you’ll get an increase Torque. Yes Power? Ehh. Not as much as you’d think. You’re a 1/3 of the way in terms of price to SC with that pending your paying parts plus labor for the above. Especially if you’re doing it all at once. Skip it, go to forced induction and call it a day.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
^ this is beginning to be my thinking for the future. You can do smaller parts here and there to get to FBO NA over time with the difference over time, but if you just save the money for boost you'll get a huge difference above what the FBO potential is and still be able to turn it up in the future.

For my little V6, there's definitely a big difference between now and stock. If I were to do it again, I would just skip the NA mods and do boost. Yeah the mods might help with even more power when boosted, but 200 hp > 50.

I will say that my 5.0 buddies are pretty happy with the intake, cat deletes, exhaust, and E-85 tunes.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
^ this is beginning to be my thinking for the future. You can do smaller parts here and there to get to FBO NA over time with the difference over time, but if you just save the money for boost you'll get a huge difference above what the FBO potential is and still be able to turn it up in the future.

For my little V6, there's definitely a big difference between now and stock. If I were to do it again, I would just skip the NA mods and do boost. Yeah the mods might help with even more power when boosted, but 200 hp > 50.

I will say that my 5.0 buddies are pretty happy with the intake, cat deletes, exhaust, and E-85 tunes.
If you want a reliable and consistent road course car, NA is where it's at. I'm also quite happy with my 423 whp.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
LTH and e / ff tune are the biggest difference makers for your typical bolt ones. Should be good for 50whp easy.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Bolt ons and tuning definitely work. How else would stock cars go from high 12’s in the 1/4 (referring to 15-17 GT’s) to 11’s and gain 9-10mph?

Cost wise it does add up. Just depends on what you want in the long run. FI is a great way to make big power in one step.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Boost definitely makes these cars sing more than other cars on the market, but thats not to say that bolt ons don't pick up nice power in them as well. I would totally say that list will make some solid power for the investment. Let me know if you want to see what kind of packages we have available for you over at Lethalperformance.com.
Sponsored