Sponsored

BMW people; what's their obsession with Mustang GT's?

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Wow - hard to “like” that.
These are the consequences.

I was young and stupid once, but do people still race? Like in the movies?

I cruise real slow, love my mpg figures. If anyone’s interested, can have long look at my Mustang.
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
If you get a chance to race a current M3 competition XDrive, just say no.
From a stop, sure, but not from a roll.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have a manual so I'm disqualified from winning any races. Hardly anyone bothers me though. Utah is weird, I can count on one hand the number of s550 GT's I see in a year out while I'm driving mine. Maybe that affects it, dunno. BMW drivers are hardly seen either.
Same here. I see a good variety of performance cars at local meets, but very few on the street. I have never seen another Z4 M40i, even at BMW meets.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Just saw a Youtube video today of a M8 BMW beating a gt500 in a U drag . AWD launch epicness

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Shit sounding BMW with that crappola crack pop tune are the worst. Now that I am older I have stopped racing, the way my Mach 1 HP looks every damn Sports car wants to line up (Mainly BMW, Challenger, Camaros and Teslas......). I just downshift to act like Ill race then let them fly out of my ears and sight! Plus just aint worth getting caught cops been on my ass with the Mach 1. If its a open road with no cops or people around I may just go for it.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Just saw a Youtube video today of a M8 BMW beating a gt500 in a U drag . AWD launch epicness

BMW for sure has better launch control than our Mustangs unfortunately. Although if its AWD I am expecting most RWD to loose!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Shit sounding BMW with that crappola crack pop tune are the worst. Now that I am older I have stopped racing, the way my Mach 1 HP looks every damn Sports car wants to line up (Mainly BMW, Challenger, Camaros and Teslas......). I just downshift to act like Ill race then let them fly out of my ears and sight! Plus just aint worth getting caught cops been on my ass with the Mach 1. If its a open road with no cops or people around I may just go for it.
The popcorn burble tunes are the absolute worst and that goes for any car. Same with the flame throwing exhaust bullshit. Seen several guys try to show off their flamethrowers at events only to have the insides of their cats come flying out. To say I laughed out loud (in a haha you effing moron way) is an understatement.

Ok off my older guy soapbox now

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
The popcorn burble tunes are the absolute worst and that goes for any car. Same with the flame throwing exhaust bullshit. Seen several guys try to show off their flamethrowers at events only to have the insides of their cats come flying out. To say I laughed out loud (in a haha you effing moron way) is an understatement.

Ok off my older guy soapbox now
I have actually recently been watching the redbull soapbox racing :like:

1701292688225.png

ZLwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
OP you should be wary of racing anyone owning just a GT....just sayin.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I do not understand why BMW, or any manufacturer, purposefully creates that popping exhaust noise. Even though I can't hear it very well, I find it embarrassing.

Sponsored

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I do not understand why BMW, or any manufacturer, purposefully creates that popping exhaust noise. Even though I can't hear it very well, I find it embarrassing.
That's why I don't want an aftermarket exhaust..If I am out goofing off they won't know I am wide open :)

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
@Balr14 People pay good $ to have tunes with all that back firing. BMW's and Infinity G35's in my area. When my GF first heard a BMW with all that backfiring-she asked me what's wrong with that guy's car? I said "Wrong, he paid his hard earned money for it to sound like that." Then she just shakes her head.

@ZLwhat I don't get your point. Are you saying a high 11 sec. GT(If I could tame my traction problems) is slow?

Saw this M5 in traffic today-check out the tag. It seems all the BMW's wait for me to leave work. We make a left turn, he drives 10 mph below the limit in the left lane of 2 lanes(I saw him looking at my car in his mirrors) , so I go past him at the speed limit in the right lane-no fuss, no muss. As soon as he sees the 4 exhaust pipes on my car he slows down. He backs up traffic in the left lane, then turns off a side street 2 miles later. More strange behavior.

I just want to point out that in my area, every 10th car I see is a BMW

M5 in Traffic 11-30-23.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don’t usually have many run ins with Bimmer’s (at least not the ones that aren’t clapped out and owned by teens and 20 somethings) but had one today while I was out running some errands (was 40F and raining for background). I was turning left as the light was just turning yellow with nobody behind me. A few seconds later I look up in my rearview mirror and see the very distinct BMW grille barreling down on me. I start to brake as there was some fairly heavy traffic and the dude has to slam on his brakes and turn onto the shoulder to avoid rear ending me. Guy ends up following me until we get to a 4 lane, 50 mph road then he gets along side me at a stop light. Honks his horn and revs at me a few times so I roll my window down. He asks me if I want to go when the light turns. Like dude, WTF it’s 40F and raining. I politely declined and he sped off all pissed when the light turned . Was a new M5, looked nice and sounded pretty good. But yeah, public roads when it’s 40F and raining is a good time to get someone to race 🤦‍♂️.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I don’t usually have many run ins with Bimmer’s (at least not the ones that aren’t clapped out and owned by teens and 20 somethings) but had one today while I was out running some errands (was 40F and raining for background). I was turning left as the light was just turning yellow with nobody behind me. A few seconds later I look up in my rearview mirror and see the very distinct BMW grille barreling down on me. I start to brake as there was some fairly heavy traffic and the dude has to slam on his brakes and turn onto the shoulder to avoid rear ending me. Guy ends up following me until we get to a 4 lane, 50 mph road then he gets along side me at a stop light. Honks his horn and revs at me a few times so I roll my window down. He asks me if I want to go when the light turns. Like dude, WTF it’s 40F and raining. I politely declined and he sped off all pissed when the light turned . Was a new M5, looked nice and sounded pretty good. But yeah, public roads when it’s 40F and raining is a good time to get someone to race 🤦‍♂️.
That story literally made me laugh and after my day at work I needed it :)

I can picture him " Like Dude what's your point"

Next day " son how did you wreck my car " Like this dude in a mustang like stopped too fast and I like hit a curb like thing"

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That story literally made me laugh and after my day at work I needed it :)

I can picture him " Like Dude what's your point"

Next day " son how did you wreck my car " Like this dude in a mustang like stopped too fast and I like hit a curb like thing"
LOL. Definitely wasn’t a kid, I’m terrible at guessing ages though. If I had to guess, late 30’s or early 40’s. Lucky for him there was no curb off the shoulder so he didn’t ruin his new car.

Even if I were on my summer tires in warm weather on an empty road, I still wouldn’t do it. Those M5’s are no joke and he’d win by a good amount. I was just surprised that out of all the various weather conditions we get here, this dude chose one of the worst possible conditions 🤷🏻‍♂️. I thought at first he was running late for a meeting or something
Sponsored