Sponsored

BMW people; what's their obsession with Mustang GT's?

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
@Balr14 People pay good $ to have tunes with all that back firing. BMW's and Infinity G35's in my area. When my GF first heard a BMW with all that backfiring-she asked me what's wrong with that guy's car? I said "Wrong, he paid his hard earned money for it to sound like that." Then she just shakes her head.
My M850i did it bone stock. A lot of the newer Bimmers (18+ and possibly even older) do it bone stock. Watch some of the car reviews. Most modern turbo cars do it now.
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here I am sitting at a light waiting for the green and a loud car pulls up beside me, and begins revving his engine(it was hard to see what as he stopped in my blindspot). After pulling off on the green I see its a BMW 230i(the 4 cyl. turbo version rated at 255 hp). Sounds like he was running a straight exhaust, lots of turbo noise & blow off valve noise. I got caught at the next light about a mile down the road and he cuts a couple of lanes -just so he can line up beside me. We are at the front of the line, 6 lane road, light traffic, 45 mph limit.

I know 4 cyl.'s can be heavily modified(I use to have an Evo) and that BMW usually under rates their hp output from the factory. So I said to myself "let's give this guy "Sport" mode-just in case. Me: Gen 3 Coyote with A10-all stock.

The light turns green, we start rolling and at 5 mph he hits it. So did I! He stayed with me until about 40, then he got 3 car lengths for his trouble. Next light he makes a right turn and disappears. Didn't even roll down his tinted window to say thanks. The last 2 BMW's(who also picked on me, got the same treatment)

Now I can appreciate his heavily modded BMW running well, but picking on a Mustang GT thinking he's going to beat it? No, I can't figure out why either. I imagine if he had beat me he would be bragging to his friends"I just kicked a guy's ass in a Mustang GT with my little 4 cylinder".

Yeah right! Mustang GT=3, BMW's=0.
I'm not sure why people are always soo surprised when these things happen. It's not a BMW, Camaro, Dodge, Mustang, or any other car, kind of thing. Most people who have these types of cars just want to see how they stack up to similar cars. Or sometimes they just want a little fun on their commute. Or sometimes they want to see a fast car driving fast. If he didn't give you a wave then there is nothing wrong with that either. I've been on interstate roads driving fast with other fast cars and the whole time we're watching the road ahead of us or looking out for the fuzz or what have you.

I will add that most of the older 4cyl and 6cyl turbo Bimmers are not much to worry about. But from a light, if you come across anything with "550i", "650i", "M550i", M850i", "750i", and a few others, then you won't be as lucky. Those things with AWD are darn near impossible to beat from the punch. And the newer M2/M3/M4/M5/M8...are monsters.

Anyway, enjoy the rivalry. It is fun. Most people are just looking to have some excitement and fun. I've lost races and the guy pulled up and complimented my car and was very cool. I beat people and they couldn't believe how fast my car was and said they were surprised they couldn't beat me. Anyway, most of it is all fun. So enjoy it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm a little jealous of you guys that see enthusiasts on the road all the time. I'm almost always swimming in a sea of jellybean SUVs and enormous pickups. It's definitely a bright spot in my day if I see anything cool.

ZLwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
@Balr14 People pay good $ to have tunes with all that back firing. BMW's and Infinity G35's in my area. When my GF first heard a BMW with all that backfiring-she asked me what's wrong with that guy's car? I said "Wrong, he paid his hard earned money for it to sound like that." Then she just shakes her head.

@ZLwhat I don't get your point. Are you saying a high 11 sec. GT(If I could tame my traction problems) is slow?

Saw this M5 in traffic today-check out the tag. It seems all the BMW's wait for me to leave work. We make a left turn, he drives 10 mph below the limit in the left lane of 2 lanes(I saw him looking at my car in his mirrors) , so I go past him at the speed limit in the right lane-no fuss, no muss. As soon as he sees the 4 exhaust pipes on my car he slows down. He backs up traffic in the left lane, then turns off a side street 2 miles later. More strange behavior.

I just want to point out that in my area, every 10th car I see is a BMW

M5 in Traffic 11-30-23.jpg
You should have shown him what that "11 second" mustang can do....while you're roasting the tires he'd be roasting you lollllllllllll

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
People who think they can take down s550s.

1. BMW idiots
2. Diesel truck assholes
3. new supra kids
4. Any golf GTI R or the like
5. Nissan Sentra type who cares owners
6. tesla model 3 man buns
7. Didnt forget about you G35 coup and sedan MORONS
8. Every SCATPACK charger/challenger father of 5
9. camaro SS people - but with mutual respect
10. da cops.
The g35 crowd is absolutely the worst

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Played grab ass with a widebody scat+shaker and blue gray charger this morning. But more importantly saw my first FJG mach1 on the roads around these parts. Had clear taillights

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The g35 crowd is absolutely the worst
I've noticed this too. They are always super beat-down with loud exhaust. The engine is screaming, but very little acceleration is occuring.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should have shown him what that "11 second" mustang can do....while you're roasting the tires he'd be roasting you lollllllllllll
I gotta say, the Bimmers have come a very long way over the past 10 years. They are not to be underestimated.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
People who think they can take down s550s.

1. BMW idiots
2. Diesel truck assholes
3. new supra kids
4. Any golf GTI R or the like
5. Nissan Sentra type who cares owners
6. tesla model 3 man buns
7. Didnt forget about you G35 coup and sedan MORONS
8. Every SCATPACK charger/challenger father of 5
9. camaro SS people - but with mutual respect
10. da cops.
giphy.gif

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Try driving from LA to Sandy Eggo…I can guarantee you will get at least three wannabe races; one Camry/Civic, one V8 powered domestic (take your pick) and one BMW, although it’s usually an M-something 😂

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
I have both, wouldn't have it any other way.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'm a little jealous of you guys that see enthusiasts on the road all the time. I'm almost always swimming in a sea of jellybean SUVs and enormous pickups. It's definitely a bright spot in my day if I see anything cool.
You said it! In my immediate neighborhood friends, there are 8 SUVs, 4 giant 4 door pickups and 2 cars (not counting my vehicles). At least the cars are halfway decent, a BMW 430i and an Audi A7.

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Having had both I don't think its a car thing lol......It's mostly a fun thing to do. Or if you spent your life savings on a car and mods an ego thing. Most other car communities see the mustang GT and BMW communities as major D-bags anyways! Anything is getting smoked by a soccer moms Tesla stop light to stop light anyway. Just enjoy the drive and ignore everything else.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My M850i did it bone stock. A lot of the newer Bimmers (18+ and possibly even older) do it bone stock. Watch some of the car reviews. Most modern turbo cars do it now.
The tunes that people buy are not the same as the stock burbles and pops you have, they're aggressive gunshot level bangs that sound really really loud. They also do it on every single pedal lift, so putting around town becomes an excuse to make a shitload of noise. its REALLY obnoxious.

I love burble when driving hard, makes it feel like the engine is really working you know lol.
Sponsored