Sponsored

BMR Tech Tip: Clock those bushings after lowering your S550!

Status
Not open for further replies.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Have same issues and just got alignment today. Gonna go back tomorrow morning and see if they will clock bushings for me...
Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Im trying to post my alignment specs from today... The car is still pulling right... But it shows its all in spec.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Supposedly they do that so that if you fall asleep you go to the right. From what good year told me.. also it could be a radial pull. Sometimes swapping fronts can help.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
As someone who will be doing springs soon, this is awesome advice. Thanks.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Ever since I lowered my car on cjpp springs and put on wider tires / rims, my handling has sucked, the car feels dangerously unstable above 90 mph. My wife's 4runner literally feels more planted at 95 mph. I attributed this to the mickey Thompson street comp tires, but I changed to nitto nt 555 g2 today and it's worse. When I saw the wheel it feels like the car has 1985 tires on it with a huge thin sidewall. Also, the left front has a popping sound when turning sharp to the right. I'm not doing any performance mods engine wise until I figure this out. I'm gonna try to reset all the pivot point bolts and see what happens.
When I had the tires put on today the shop told me the front was in spec and the rear of the new mustangs had not camber adjustment.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
This s550 suspension is a ton more complex then the 11-14 cars. Its critical to get it right. Mine will be installed next week and you can bet im going down there with this diagram:

image_zpsjqckz2pm.jpg

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Ever since I lowered my car on cjpp springs and put on wider tires / rims, my handling has sucked, the car feels dangerously unstable above 90 mph. My wife's 4runner literally feels more planted at 95 mph. I attributed this to the mickey Thompson street comp tires, but I changed to nitto nt 555 g2 today and it's worse. When I saw the wheel it feels like the car has 1985 tires on it with a huge thin sidewall. Also, the left front has a popping sound when turning sharp to the right. I'm not doing any performance mods engine wise until I figure this out. I'm gonna try to reset all the pivot point bolts and see what happens.
When I had the tires put on today the shop told me the front was in spec and the rear of the new mustangs had not camber adjustment.
They don't really have much camber adjustment, but it can be done. I had a local shop (Gran Turismo East, for those in GA) that aligned the car with me in it and got everything to spec, with -1.9 on all 4 corners. They said it would be better if I had CC plates, but they still got it dialed in.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Great advice Kelly, this could probably solve a lot of issues for people. For you guys wondering if this can be done in the garage without a lift, I just tried doing this in the garage with the car on 4 ramps and the end result is I'm just going to have the shop do it when I get an alignment. There's not enough room to get my torque wrench in there for the higher torqued bolts. Definitely bringing the picture in post #66 in and showing the shop what I want done.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
I am having a clunk sound coming from what sounds like the front of the car when I hit the brakes hard. The dealership of course says its my BMR lowering springs. Anybody heard of any issues with any suspension stuff causing a clunking sound from the front end? This just started and I have had the BMR suspension components on my car for almost 3 months now.
Were you able to figure out what was the cause of the clunking? I'm having clunking / creaking on my front left area whenever I go through humps and steep inclines...

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
A question.......

So I've changed out my shocks, sway bars, and springs.. The car (as sort of expected) is sitting uneven - this case, in the rear...(an inch difference, L > R).. I didn't clock all of the bushings we're talking about here BUT I did get an alignment after the change-out and all is good..supposedly. I have a 1" drop / Eibach Pro-Kit... My question is wouldn't the alignment system (this at a Ford Dealer) have detected to difference in ride height in the ass-end of the car? To Ford's credit, the Tech spent a fair amount of time *tweaking* (I was standing right there) to get it within spec..
Would the alignment system just have *compensated* for the difference in rear ride height and delivered you a disjointed car? Any alignment Guru's out there can you provide any insights..?

TX!

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What good is a car that tracks straight but looks stupid reclock Those bushings!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like I'm going to have to do this for the front. Rear dropped the 0.5" as expected on both sides, but front seems high still (should've dropped ~0.75", but looks to have dropped only about 0.3-0.5" tops).

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Looks like I'm going to have to do this for the front. Rear dropped the 0.5" as expected on both sides, but front seems high still (should've dropped ~0.75", but looks to have dropped only about 0.3-0.5" tops).
Now you've got my wheels turning, no pun intended. When I look at my car, the rear seems to have a bigger fender gap than the front. My FR springs should be 1" drop all round. I need to look again on a completely flat surface.

DennisP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If I may ask...where did this diagram come from? :) Is it the service manual? Will definitely be asking my shop to do this when I get the track pack installed next month!

This s550 suspension is a ton more complex then the 11-14 cars. Its critical to get it right. Mine will be installed next week and you can bet im going down there with this diagram:

image_zpsjqckz2pm.jpg

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It was posted by a member, I don't know where he got it from he never said! Its important to remember that your cracking these bolts loose with the weight of the car on it, then re- torqueing them accordingly! Loosening them releases the pre- load!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.