Sponsored

BMR BK049 - whats going on?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Shout out to [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION]

I have a busted car and need your BK049 bushing set.

I ordered via Jegs on 05/02 with a 24hr dispatch.

I then get a mail advising out of stock until 05/15

Now today I get a mail saying shipping date is unknown....

Let me say, I would LOVE to order from you guys direct, but your shipping rates are pure making fun of your customers, see below:

$220 to ship! It should be a max. of about $50-60 (Jegs ask $60 intl. air express)

I am already a BMR customer (running a CB005 LoC).... I want to buy more from you.... please can you help and let me know whats going on?
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I had issues with Jegs with kind of the same thing...try Terry [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] or Lethal Performance?

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Damn, for that price Kelly should deliver it to your door personally! (grin)
I'm sure he could use a vacation and I'm sure you would buy him a beer!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Hi [MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION]

You are comparing companies that ship (residential) like 20+X more than we do.

We are a small company and our published UPS rates should be in line with the UPS Web-site. I see where the big guys are about $100 less to ship via UPS Saver - I assume they are passing their massive discounts on to the consumer (like we do with our products)

Unfortunately I cannot ship them for anywhere near the amount you are looking for, BUT, Summit Racing may have them in stock and can meet your target rate:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmr-bk049

Thanks!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Summit gets me anything that I order by the next day if I order it before 10am. That is no joke. Though I am only about 3 hours away and not in the Netherlands. I've had problems with JEGS dating back to the mid 90's.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Can definitely agree with the others on Summit being great on shipping, I ordered my STB and cowl brace from them and it came quick.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
did you try nemesis in the UK first he stocks most bmr stuff i think failing that rdp on here did a pretty good job getting cb005 shipped directly to me from bmr as they didn't have it in stock themselves in under a week and only charged me $40 shipping :)

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I've cancelled Jegs and ordered via Summit Racing, made the order yesterday and just waiting for dispatch notice. $80 3 day expedited with Fedex.

[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] OK thanks for the explanation.... I still think theres something up with the pricing, I ship a lot from the US and this is by far the most extreme shipping quote I've seen, for what is essentially a small and light item. At the start of May Jegs said they had stock, but shipping direct from manufacturer.... Your website says you have stock, so what's going on?

[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] No UK or EU stock anywhere, it's damned frustrating.

American Muscle have stock but won't ship these parts outside the US. BMR have stock but with insane shipping. LMR have stock but won't ship outside the US. Jegs said they had stock but have messed me around for two weeks.

I even ordered some alternative parts via DallasMustang, but after paying they also got back to me to say OoS. Steeda US have some alternatives too, but won't ship outside the US.

How hard can it be to order some damned bushes. It's driving me nuts.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've cancelled Jegs and ordered via Summit Racing, made the order yesterday and just waiting for dispatch notice. $80 3 day expedited with Fedex.

[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] OK thanks for the explanation.... I still think theres something up with the pricing, I ship a lot from the US and this is by far the most extreme shipping quote I've seen, for what is essentially a small and light item. At the start of May Jegs said they had stock, but shipping direct from manufacturer.... Your website says you have stock, so what's going on?

[MENTION=26439]hinch[/MENTION] No UK or EU stock anywhere, it's damned frustrating.

American Muscle have stock but won't ship these parts outside the US. BMR have stock but with insane shipping. LMR have stock but won't ship outside the US. Jegs said they had stock but have messed me around for two weeks.

I even ordered some alternative parts via DallasMustang, but after paying they also got back to me to say OoS. Steeda US have some alternatives too, but won't ship outside the US.

Expediting overseas when you don't have a huge account with a shipper and negotiated rates is extremely expensive. They're just covering their costs. It would cost them more than it's worth to try and get a better deal with an expediter, or they couldn't meet volume demands to keep a deal.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways

get yourself a stackry account same as the rest of us ship to there then use that to ship to us here

Sponsored
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
get yourself a stackry account same as the rest of us ship to there then use that to ship to us here
I know stackry exists, I've just no interest to be honest... And seen a few examples lately of people having problems with the service.

I just got the shipping notification from Summit, so it seems eventually its looking OK.

Theres definitely something funky going on with Jegs and BMR if they show stock for immediate dispatch, yet after two weeks still no parts sent, yet both websites still showing available stock. I don't know who is at fault, but to be honest it reflects badly on both to me.

I appreciate BMR is a small company, I love their product (that's why I keep ordering it).... It just sucks if they aren't able to negotiate better rates.... Rather than buying direct I now had to use a reseller.....

Also, there are enough S550 owners in Europe now that surely it makes sense to start stocking the local agents with enough product to service the clientele. I still think its crazy I couldn't just buy this in the UK or Europe... Still drives me nuts having to make so much effort to order simple parts.

I want to give you my money.... Just make it easy for me!! Lol.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
It's not just Jegs and BMR it seems; it's all parts and Jegs!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Summit Racing, FTW.

Been ordering parts from them since the '80s, never an issue. :thumbsup:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
All you folks who want to ship outside the US might consider MyUS.com. You ship to them, they forward to you wherever you are.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Your website says you have stock, so what's going on?
Theres definitely something funky going on with Jegs and BMR if they show stock for immediate dispatch, yet after two weeks still no parts sent, yet both websites still showing available stock
Just want to clarify - our (BMR) web-site does not show stock of our components.

:cheers:
Sponsored