Sponsored

BMR 4-Point Chassis Brace Analysis & Review (CB006)

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
When I installed it last year I sent my concerns to steeda but it fell on deaf ears.
1: The rear spacers which go into the OEM brace tube for the rear mount bolts were about .250 to short and thus if you torqued the bolt down to their spec, it would bend your brace way more than I would allow.
2: The rear section cross bar came into contact with my A10 transmission lines. I had to bend them back and wrap with Chad tape.
3: The front two mount barrel ends which go into the OEM front section tube brace would not go into the OEM tube without the use of a long pry bar.
4: The front two barrel end mounts hung below parallel of my sub frame and I did not like that.
So I just installed BMR four point brace and it fit flush, I like the way it mounted.
**Here are two pics of my BMR Brace and front Steeda Tow tie down brace.
Good Luck.
Ahh, OK. Thanks for explaining that. I didn't have any fitment issues with my Steeda brace, but I have been contemplating changing out to the BMR for the ground clearance. On my non-PP, I expect either brace to be a pretty huge improvement.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Ahh, OK. Thanks for explaining that. I didn't have any fitment issues with my Steeda brace, but I have been contemplating changing out to the BMR for the ground clearance. On my non-PP, I expect either brace to be a pretty huge improvement.
The brace no matter which direction you do a great job at controlling flex and movement. Good luck

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Old post, but what's the verdict on this 4 point bar. Found one local that is new cheap.

I probably don't need it but I'm all about tighten of the suspension plus it looks pretty. hhaahaha

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I like mine. It's one hell of a heavy/stout item.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I felt it mostly in braking.