Sponsored

Blown GT350 Motors- 13 cases from Youtube

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
I love Youtube and follow a bunch of GT350 and GT350R owners, and you know what? Just about EVERY SINGLE ONE of the people I follow have blown their motor! I really had to stop and think about this because I actually can't think of one that I follow/followed that didn't blow a motor!

I know this topic has been talked about here so I won't beat a dead horse... but it honestly has me thinking about selling my R before the warranty is up.

'Here's the links!

All American driver

Shelby Exotics (I think he has had more than 1 blown)

Jeff Ashton

Rated R

Tunnel Chaser

Jossyfilms

Woman.Driven

Altjxx

Adam LZ

Past15Krpm

Duck’s garage (New Motor) 1:20 mark

AryanM3 (video of breakdown, follow up states new motor)

Ryan Lett (engine replacement)

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
To be fair Adam LZ's engine is still totally fine. It was an issue with the oil pressure sensor or filter housing that caused it to puke it's oil out. They stopped the car and the engine is still running and fine.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You wouldn't be from the Tampa area, would you?

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
I hate posts like this. I just bought my car. I did my home work thoroughly and trolled the hell out of this site and another for buyer info. These weren't all stock motors and is a very small representation of all the cars built.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I hate posts like this. I just bought my car. I did my home work thoroughly and trolled the hell out of this site and another for buyer info. These weren't all stock motors and is a very small representation of all the cars built.
I agree, I spent a lot of time researching modern muscle cars before settling on the GT350 as a great all around car. I just purchased my "lightly used" 2018 last weekend and I want to keep it past the factory warranty without blowing an engine. I do not plan to tune mine, but I will probably do the resonator delete with the Corsa Double Helix to improve the sound. Based on these types of posts, it leads me to believe any money I was planning to spend on tuning mods will be better spent on a Ford ESP before the factory warranty runs out.

Sponsored

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Missed itsjusta6

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You gotta love the types that start this crap, lol

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Buying a blown up boosted GT350 falls under a different category than "my stock GT350 let go".
I'll save you the click, he claims it was blown all along

Sponsored

BKTorch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Buying a blown up boosted GT350 falls under a different category than "my stock GT350 let go".
He does mention the engine was having slight issues before he threw on the turbos. the piston ring that final let go may have already been on its way out and the additional stress from being boosted just accelerated the timeline.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Response would be you must be following any of the other 1500 people that love the cars and have no issues like Auto fanatic and obsessed garage.

Itsjusta6 makes me laugh.. they POUND on those cars just to break them and fix it....how do you think they have content for you tube.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
YouTube, and the majority of the video makers you mention (and more) are more responsible for blowing up their engines than any flaw by Ford. If you listened to all the S550 coyote owners on YT also, you'd think almost all our coyote and voodoo engines are typewriter ticking trash...but that just isn't the case, not even close!! Its an under 1% rare issue if you wanna really look at failure rates. You don't or won't get the full stand back and look see the whole picture on YT, so don't expect what you see to be anything other than for what it is, it certainly isn't a common thing to blow one of these engines up.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What makes me laugh is that these YouTubers make money making videos for the outrage crowd and here we are in a thread with outrage about the content created for the outrage audience.

The irony is strong today.
Sponsored