Blown GT350 Motors- 13 cases from Youtube

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What makes me laugh is that these YouTubers make money making videos for the outrage crowd and here we are in a thread with outrage about the content created for the outrage audience.

The irony is strong today.
It's just a drama thread. And drama is a nice way to put it.

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
Dont look at me, i am just here to watch some funny responses, gifs and pictures :crackup:
I mean if you are REALLY woried about your gt350R i can offer you 25k for it :giggle:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have an idea for you, stop following youtubers who are using your clicks as revenue and will spill anything for a click and start following REAL owners who live day to day with them like myself, a dozen track days, HUNDREDS of autocross runs, and 20,000 miles on the clock in an "inferior" 2016 built motor. Or @honeybadger who has a full top and bottom end build and probably runs his personally owned 350 harder than anyone on planet Earth, and that's not sarcasm. Or @50 Deep who continues to beat the snot out of his 350R day in and day out on the track, on the road, at photoshoots, and road trips.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have an idea for you, stop following youtubers who are using your clicks as revenue and will spill anything for a click and start following REAL owners who live day to day with them like myself, a dozen track days, HUNDREDS of autocross runs, and 20,000 miles on the clock in an "inferior" 2016 built motor. Or @honeybadger who has a full top and bottom end build and probably runs his personally owned 350 harder than anyone on planet Earth, and that's not sarcasm. Or @50 Deep who continues to beat the snot out of his 350R day in and day out on the track, on the road, at photoshoots, and road trips.
Oh no, the 2016 engines are solid.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
This thread is going to go in the same direction the one last week did, and that one eventually got locked.

439.gif

Sponsored

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
This dude is always spot on!

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
You can’t let YouTube or Social Media or any forum take away from your love for the car. If you like the car and the warranty is coming up on the powertrain just buy an extended one. Way cheaper than trading it in on something else and you start worrying all over again.

I came from a Corvette (C7) and I really enjoyed my car. But GM has two class actions right now (Z06/cooling and the A8 transmission) and another class action pending for bent/crackedwheels (some people have had all four wheels crack multiple times). Just like this issue with Mustang I think there is some truth to all the issues but it gets so blown out of proportion. The vast majority of Vodoo engines won’t have issues while under warranty and not modified. Just like the vast majority of Corvette owners won’t encouter the issues noted above.

It’s like this with every sports car. Everyone says Porsche 911’s are super reliable but Nick Murray on YouTube has had back to back nightmares (electrical) and Porsche has bought back his cars both times.

He just has bad luck. Most 911 buyers will never experience a single lemon, let alone two back to back. But if you believe the internet every 911 will have major issues...
Sponsored