Blower wait times for delivery?

1320INC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT
Mine shipped last Friday and arrived on Monday. Can't say enough good things about Jared and Nick at lethal they really help me through this process. Hopefully it was worth the wait.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
ProCharger D1x
I ended up doing the same after waiting for over 5 months for a turbo kit ( not Hellion ). Covid really has stuff f’d up

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just a comment. Having been in several businesses all my life, starting with working for my Dad since the age of 7 and then working for 2 fortune 500 companies, owning 2 different businesses, teaching, etc. I have to say that tough times separate the so-so companies, the good, and the truly great companies.

Truly great companies see things like Covid as an opportunity to show their commitment and superiority compared to the competition. From what I am seeing, Whipple has not done a good job. This is one of the best supercharger companies in the world with a long history.

Competitors like Edelbrock, Procharger, Roush, etc. should pay close attention. If they are not, they will never be great companies. If they are smart and paying attention they can learn from Whipple's mistakes and seize the opportunity to provide a better product with better service.

A reasonable person can forgive mistakes if true humility and an honest effort to make a wrong a right result. But, deliberate lies and dishonesty is the absolute acid to success. If this has occurred trust is gone. Who then will go to them?
I've written and/or administered over $2BN worth of contracts in my career. The vast majority of frustration people encounter in ANY type of relationship is expectation management. When both parties don't clearly communicate what their expectations are up front, it creates conflict.

"Hey, we're going to take your deposit and it could be 3 weeks or it could be 6 months before we send you the items you purchased. We won't return your calls or emails and probably only correspond with you right before your purchase is ready to ship. Basically once we take your money, it'll get there when it gets there."

If people KNOW up front how you're going to treat them, even if it's badly, it takes a lot of the fire out of them and prevents a LOT of frustrations.

Of course this is tongue in cheek, but the principle is that if you're going to behave a certain way, just be up front and honest about it, and let them know THIS is how things are going to unfold.

One of the things I don't care for about a lot of vendors is the skewed deposit requirements. I recently purchased a Magnum XL package from Bowler transmission and it went wonderfully. They take a 50% deposit (which covers them to order certain parts and assemblies not on hand) but the remaining 50% motivates them to complete the order in a timely fashion. I've rarely agreed to paying someone 100% up front and it was always when I was in a very leveraged position and had ZERO alternatives.

This arrangement where a company takes $100% of the value in deposit is simply a recipe for bad customer service. It puts the vendor in a lazy state where they've GOT your money and the only penalty to them taking their time or changing up the game is bad reviews and grief from the customer. It would take a tremendous amount of internal culture and self discipline NOT to find a bad rhythm with orders when structurally they've removed a lot of external incentive to perform.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Good to see a lot of new Procharger faces.

I have 2 8rib pullies available, 3.8 and
4.5”.....a stage 2 Mak 4” inlet and a Procharger specific UPR catch can available for sale. Hit me up with any questions!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Got this a week ago. Will install next week!
IMG_20200821_102346086.jpg
IMG_20200821_102340913.jpg

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Mine shipped last Friday and arrived on Monday. Can't say enough good things about Jared and Nick at lethal they really help me through this process. Hopefully it was worth the wait.
Thanks for the business and kind words! We really appreciate it. Enjoy the new setup and let us know if there's anything you need help with.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I assume you're in Pittsburgh, wolvee? Maybe I'll see you around with the new setup at some point. How long did they say for the Procharger? I'm 3 weeks in on my Whipple. But I'm prepared to wait it out. Winter project. Should be here by then I would think.

50racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black/Black GT Premium A10 PP1 Magnaride
Well I got my whipple today and everything looks great. I had a procharger d1 and then twins on my 2015. When I got my 2019 figured I would try a PD blower.
20200821_163601.jpg

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I'm very sorry to hear some are unhappy with the shipping lead times. I do take offense to some of the things said. There are zero lies. Further, I'm not talking to dealers, generally that's only when there are problems. I have 55 employees that work for me, I don't talk to all dealers, especially on a daily basis. For me to be called a liar is absolutely 100% false. This was brought up last week, we made sure we got it out and used the provided UPS labels (not our account). We were 2 weeks behind the original schedule due to lack of machined castings, something we couldn't have anticipated. Accusing us again of lying, manufacturing numbers, etc is simply wrong, we did nothing like this. UPS came, scanned, picked up. We gave a tracking number, but it had 1 digit off when typed, we told the dealer multiple times of the mistake, it was literally 1 digit.

Were not lying or giving anyone false data. It's very simple, were selling more than our manufacturing capacity. We could raise the price, possibly cut all promotions, are ramp up production, which we've been doing consistently for the past 32 years..... Increasing capacity, which, during Covid is an exceptional challenge is the route we've taken. Pre-lock down, we were 4 weeks behind, during the lock down, we shortened that to 2 weeks as everything slowed. During that time, we limited staff and cut OT to be safe for all. Then, the demand went back up, then everyone ran a memorial day promotion, depending on what side of the holiday, it changed the lead time drastically. During the promotion, some dealers sent orders over immediately, some sent the following work day. It took nearly a week to write up all the orders. With that type of qty, if the dealers don't put them order for us, we simply write them up in the order we got them in. At the same time, some of our other customers opened back up and ordered large quantities. A perfect storm of orders all at the same time, a great problem to have, yet still an issue which we do our best to navigate through.

Now you add covid, once were able too, which has been sometime, we went back to 60 hour weeks for most employee's, we've added more employees, we've increased orders with vendors and continue to build at a record pace. Each of the past 4 weeks, we have shipped more than the prior week as we ramp up. But, vendors also struggle to keep up, as were all dealing with kinks in the supply chain due to covid. The G5 Mustang was an issue for a few weeks, but we over came that. Each day, its a new issue that we have to resolve and deal with it due to high demand from all. We've added 30,000 feet over the last year to the building, we're two weeks away from having rotor cell #2 up and running. Were adding another assembly line and debuting new product lines that further increase efficiency, but also throughput here. We've tooled another mold for the F150 and Mustang to further increase capacity. Were continuing to add more people, when we can find them. Our goal is to have Gen 5, black finish kits in stock and available for immediate shipping by November.

After 32+ years in business, we don't play games, we don't lie, we give the best information that our team has available at the given time. The lead time is a varying number depending on demand, its a constantly moving target that we do our best to adapt too. Lead times can vary depending on which kit due to build schedules, parts available, etc. Surges such as black friday, xmas, memorial, tax season increases lead time, new model years, new vehicles, new product launches can also vary it. As of today, we've lowered lead time to 6-7 weeks with the increased capacity. Last week it was 8 weeks, so were slowly chipping away, while continuing with record demand. We'll continue to pump out as many superchargers as we can build as fast as we can!

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Thanks for this information, Whipple. It's good that you chimed in. Many of us respond to those on the forum that are upset, and I understand that for those of us that live in states that have a short summer to use the car it means another year to use the car, really. I ordered the Procharger to try something different, but another large factor was the long time to get the Whipple.

When I ordered my Whipple last year it was exactly on the schedule (6 weeks/Beefcake). Very good product. As demand for your product increases so do the possibilities for error and you guys have to balance quality with the demand.

Better to wait an extra 4 weeks for your product than pump out poor quality. Most of us here love the Whipple as well as other brands. We appreciate quality aftermarket performance parts. All you can do is your best. Constant contact with your customers to let them know the delay will help offset the frustration of not getting the part in time to enjoy the season.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Well I got my whipple today and everything looks great. I had a procharger d1 and then twins on my 2015. When I got my 2019 figured I would try a PD blower.
20200821_163601.jpg
It’s a pretty blower

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I think I need to set the record clear on some thinigs that have been said with as much transpercency as possilbe in regards to conversations about Mike (Wolvee's) blower and Whipple.

First off, I like to think that all of us in this business have a passion for it and thats why we do it. I am a racer at heart, have been for over 20 years, I love all things fast and thats why I started my company. I love what I do, and I know Whipple loves what they do.

When I thanked Mike (Wolvee) for commenting in the thread, it was not to call Whipple "liars", it was to clear my name in refererence to an email that was brougth to my attention the morning of 8/14 that I received from Mike (Wolvee).

Mike (Wolvee) sent me an email on 8/13 stating that he had been told, that we were taking customers money, buying inventory from other vendors, and not placeing the orders with Whipple and thats why his kit had not shipped to him. This wasn't something he heard from Whipple, but somewhere else.

"I was told you guys used the cash from your sales to buy other inventory and not order the superchargers until much later" was part of the email I received. Of course you can imagine this stoked my flames.

So, first, in reference to Dustin Whipple. I rarely text Dustin, usually the only time we text is in reference to cool shit thats coming out, or if there is a problem i'd like him to look into. (which is very rare, i think 2 times over 3 years). I had actually text Dustin earlier in the week about Mike and other Memorial Day customers on 8/11 for some insight on final shipping time on the kits, as the dates had gotten pushed back a couple times, he responded with "We have been behind on Gen 5 mustang housings. Order was written and confirmed on 6/2. We received over 300 orders over memorial and it takes a week to write them all up. The sc is back from powder coat and scheduled to ship this week." Just as Dustin told me, we received tracking #s for all the remaining kits on Friday evening.

Back to the email and phone call and ordering process.

Me and Mike (Wolvee) got on a phone call with Dennis @ Whipple. I explained to Dennis what was being said about my company and Dennis confirmed that the orders were all placed right away. He also explained that when we order and they create a sales order, it has the ETA on the sales order, and is put in line right away and that money has nothing to do with the order being placed. I also asked Dennis again about all remaining Memorial Day Kits, and he assured me they were set to ship by the end of the day.

Order process:
An order comes in, we immediately email the order over to Whipple. Dennis creates a sales order and emails it back with an estimated ship date and cost so that we can mail them a check. Every 7 to 14 days we email whipple a check. All kits that were ordered over the last 7 to 14 days are paid IN FULL. We spend over 7 figures a year with Whipple, Whipple knows our $$ is good. They aren't holding any kits up for us because of $$. The reason kits are paid for in full from the customer, and then us, is that the moment the kit is ready. it ships. No phone calls or needed, money doesn't have to come from the customer or us. It's paid for, it ships.

Lead time / Delays.

During Mem day sale, i'm sure Dustins' comments were accurate that they received probably 300 or so orders. We are only 1 dealer and probably had 20 kits or so go into them during the sale. And again, we are only 1 dealer, their 3rd largest, but 1 of at least 100's, if not 1000's.

As Dustin said, it takes about a week to get the 300 orders in, reviewed, and then scheduled. There are a lot of moving parts with these kits. They send us estimated lead times based on the information they have available at that time. Mike (Wolvee's kit was confirmed on 6/2, and I believe had an estimated ship date of 6/30. Because at that time, thats what Whipple honestly believes the shipping time will be, and we give that information to the customer.

Now come delays. For the most part Covid. I know people are tired of Covid. I know I am. There are so many moving parts with these kits, and you are sourcing small parts, big parts, parts from everywhere. Some states like Michigan are still on shut down after all this time, and it's a nightmare. Roush is quoting into november on some parts. We have exhaust companies quoting 12 week lead times. You have to remember, a lot of companies that are now back in business, were still shut down for 4-10 weeks. During that 4 weeks, people were sitting at home with nothing to do, collecting unemployment, plus a stimulus check, and an extra $600 a week. What were they doing with that money?? Buying go fast parts and working on their whips.

So, now you have 50% increase in business, legit 50% increase, I have hired 2 more full time people since Covid started. So a 50% increase in business, along with companies shut down and can't make anything. Now you have the biggest bottleneck I have seen in the last 20 years with parts supply.

As one customer mentioned, Procharger quoted 2 weeks, and his kit took 5, Why...Bags of bolts.... Yes small parts bags that couldn't be sourced due to Covid increased his lead time by 2.5 times.

So, due to Covid, lead times continued to worsen and kits got pushed out to 8 weeks. At this point, most of the gen 4 customer orders and 2.3L customer orders were gone and out the door at that 6-8 week mark. Now, in addtion to all those back ups comes the next problem. Gen 5 blower castings... Whipple got in I believe the number was 40 Gen 5 castings to finish up all the Memorial day Gen 5 orders for customers, and the castings were not right. I don't know exactly what wasn't right about them, but when they got them in originally, my rep Dennis had sent me a message about the casting issues. So, rather than putting out a sub par product, Whipple sent the castings back, and had to wait on the next batch, at least thats my understanding. And thats how we ended up where we are with the Gen 5 kit lead times.

I believe that to be accurate, but Dustin can chime in for sure.

Now the final thing, Mike (Wolvee's) tracking #. As promised all tracking #s for customers with remaining orders were checked, then sent to the customer, all of them except for Mike's. Mikes tracking # showed invalid #. I text my rep at Whipple Dennis on Saturday the 15th. He took 1.5 hours out of his off day on a Saturday to go in and check the number the tracking that was put in with the sales order, and he text me back the numbers again to my personal cell and said the # was what he was showing. You can't ask for any more than that on a Saturday. He didn't get paid extra, he didn't have to, but Dennis cares about the customers just as much as I do. He said he would find out Monday why it wasn't working. I personally called Mike (Wolvee), gave him the #s. He asked what we should do, I told him, give it til Monday. I told him the 5 kits besides his all had working #s, and I'm sure it would be figured out on Monday.

I put an email to Dennis, his boss Mike, and Dustin, and also a call to Dennis to please get back to me as soon as they could with info. Dennis text me Monday and told me that the tracking was off by 1 digit and he apologized that someone entered it incorrectly. When I checked the #, the # still was now working and showed to be valid, but didn't show movement. I messaged Dennis and he said as soon as the phones stop at 4pm (7pm eastern time) that he would get me more info that those are 100% accurate tracking #s. (Mondays in this business are insane. Once Whipple's "END OF DAY" completed. The tracking # was working. Tracking #'s are 18 digits long. they cannot be faked, we cannot make up whatever tracking # we want, the UPS system generates the tracking #. Whipple simply typed the # incorrectly. They didn't lie about the tracking #. As to why Mike's kit didn't show the label created to Monday is simple. We use a program called UPS world ship. We can make labels throughout the day edit them, delete them, etc.. Until we print "END OF DAY" the label does not show created in the system.

My best guess is Whipple's shipping dept was rushing to get all the kits out, which were alot. UPS shows up, they print END OF DAY on Friday, and push out all the kits that were on the dock with labels already on them. And then continued printing labels for the remaining kits sitting there. However, those tracking #s won't officially work until the next "END OF DAY" is printed, which was the next business day Monday. We run into the same thing here. Although we drop ship alot of items, we keep a large amount of inventory on hand and we are literally scrambling trying to get as many orders out that day. My people that pack orders are literally still setting boxes out while the truck is pulling up.

I know Mike (Wolvee) got a bad taste in his mouth, and I understand that. I get it. He decided to go a different direction, so we rerouted his package to us, and I told him I would find a home for it, and allowed him to swap his order to something else. Hopefully he'll be happy with that decision. At the end of the day, we all have to live with our cars and purchases and we want to be happy with them.

My point of commenting in the thread thanking Mike (wolvee) was not to call Whipple "Liars", if thats the way it came off or was perceived. It was to clear my compaines name on false allogations. Had nothing to do with Whipple or Dusting being Liars. It appears another individual person or company or a combination, is on the backside slandering our name, making slanderous accusations in reference to the way we conduct business. My reputation and my companies reputation is everything to me. Integrity is everything to me and I simply will not stand for it. I also ask, if any board member knows or can send me DM's in regards to conversations of this Slander, i would greatly appreciate it. We already had to take action against one Vendor here in regards to using our name in a way it shouldn't.

Guys and gals. Be patient, I know it's a lot of money, I appreciate it, Whipple appreciates it, all the companies appreciate it. We are all in a tough spot with the state of the union and Covid. Products will get there, it's just gonna take a little longer. Most of us are working 60-70 hours a week right now trying to keep up and we are all doing everything that is within our control to get you guys going fast!!! #whippletheworld

Last edited:

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
This was late last year but I can say my experience with Beefcake and Whipple was excellent. I had a special request for delivery and it was during the black Friday crush, and Terry took care of me and came through as I requested and as he promised. Whipple as well with the delivery. When I did inventory on my parts just before install everything was there but something in the checklist paperwork was confusing. Whipple looked into it and responded to my question almost immediately, and even made a form change to make things clearer for the customer based on it. These are minor things but shows that both of these companies are fully invested in customer support and satisfaction, at least in my experience.

Its a bummer for those who have had issues but I think the 100+ times as many people who have had good experiences aren't as likely to post. I guess that's the way it always is (and maybe should be so customers have recourse), but these two companies have deservedly sterling reputations (which is partially why I went with them).

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Mine showed up on Monday... unfortunately some parts were missing... those are due for delivery this coming Monday...
51960D2B-2829-4945-BC20-D9C2BE1A4607.jpeg
Missing one of the small bags of I/C assembly parts...also supposed to be a complete kit and got a tuner delete kit instead.
That’s a pretty big mistake, sending a tuner kit instead of a complete stage kit. Hopefully they will get you straightened out quickly.
Not really, the kits are the same, just minus the flash tool and fueling, which we made sure whipple got out right away.

I guess I’m partially to blame... originally ordered the tuner kit and then realized to be emissions compliant I need the complete stage 1 kit with Whipple’s tune, so called and changed the order the same day.o.. unfortunately seems there was a breakdown in communicating that between my dealer and Whipple.
This was on our end. You swapped the kits and we swapped the order in the system, removed the custom tuning, and changed it to whipples complete kit. The gals in the office made all the changes, but omitted whipple in the email. So it was our job to change it.

100% our end. Not whipples fault, and i know they took care of getting the extra parts out right away! I've never had an issue they didn't take care of really fast!
Sponsored