Blow off valve for ecoboost

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I've had 2 VAG cars with 2.0tfsi motors and it wasn't uncommon to have a blown diaphragm, but I haven't seen one mention of an OEM diverter valve on an ecoboost mustang not holding up. I've seen several mustang owners with this "upgrade", but what benefit are the guys with stock turbos actually seeing from this? Like actually seeing, not being told what you should see by the company selling them lol
You are 100% correct, the only people claiming that the OEM valve leaks are people selling you the valve and people who have bought it. Also, no tune or reasonably sized turbo really increases the pressure enough to worry about the OEM part. In my case it turned out to be an ill-seated clamp on the intercooler hot side.

But, some people will still worry and at least the DV+ offers complete OEM functionality with the electric control, it uses the OEM valve seat and tubing and it retains recirculation functionality instead of venting to atmosphere. All that in a more robust construction with metal wear parts. So, if someone feels the need to improve on what they perceive to be a weak point I'd rather see them take this approach than trying to redesign a multimillion dollar design with off-the-shelf parts sold on hype and (my opinion) juvenile, boy-racer noises.
Sponsored

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm one who had issues with the stock valve not holding boost once I went to the Cobb stage 3 tune. I could never hit the target boost levels at stage 3, though once I added the GFB DV+ everything worked fine. I'm not sure why the stock valve wouldn't hold, maybe I just had a bad one from the factory.

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Uh, I just uncliped the intake side hose and it's loud AF now. Pshhhh-BISHAHHHHH. One minute of my time and easily returned to stock.

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
It will not void your warranty. It is mostly for show. Look into the turbosmart blow off valves. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com!
Have you ever dealt with a warranty claim at a dealership? LOL. *Should* it void your warranty? No. Is there always a chance of it creating an issue? Absolutely. I'd rather not have to fight that a BOV caused my 6k+ motor to blow just to have a cool sound while I'm driving. We all know it won't, but many of us also know that a dealer is more than glad to deny a warranty claim if something isn't stock.

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Have you ever dealt with a warranty claim at a dealership? LOL. *Should* it void your warranty? No. Is there always a chance of it creating an issue? Absolutely. I'd rather not have to fight that a BOV caused my 6k+ motor to blow just to have a cool sound while I'm driving. We all know it won't, but many of us also know that a dealer is more than glad to deny a warranty claim if something isn't stock.
It's literally 3 bolts, keep the stock one and when you do take it to a dealer switch it out within 5 minutes.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Just do the chair cap mod and get sound for free.
Sponsored