Sponsored

Is a Blow Off Valve on an EcoBoost SAFE?

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Hmm... I do love relying on the Digital Cluster readings for my boost. - Would it throw that off?
It's not affecting boost pressure so no, the gauge shouldn't be thrown off. And I also don't see, according to some of the comments, how venting to atmosphere is "safer" vs recirculating. It's not like the the recirculated air is being routed directly back at the turbo blades. Again, I'm no EcoBoost expert, but I would think the general principles of turbo engines would still apply.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Does no one else in this thread smell a troll besides me???
downloadtyuk.jpg
Wow, so aren't we the cynic? Well maybe, but I'd rather believe that OP is a wide eyed 17 year old with a new Mustang. He's coming to us for advise and assistance.

We all talk about bringing new young blood to the Mustang community. Why would we try to chase them away but calling them names?

Deleted member

Wow, so aren't we the cynic? Well maybe, but I'd rather believe that OP is a wide eyed 17 year old with a new Mustang. He's coming to us for advise and assistance.

We all talk about bringing new young blood to the Mustang community. Why would we try to chase them away but calling them names?
Ok bud :thumbsup:

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost

Sponsored

Deleted member

Will this void the warranty?
Not how you want to go about trying to increase boost. The blow of valve is there to release pressure when the throttle closes, it's not a good idea to try and keep it closed longer for the car to retain more boost between shifts. This is how you get turbo surge and can cause damage to the bearings in the turbo.

Really man don't go that route.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Will this void the warranty?
Any modification could result in a rejected claim if said mod caused the reason for the claim. That said, it depends on the issue and, of course, the dealer. It is unlikely that this part would cause any issues but go into this knowing it could. Just be prepared to pay out of pocket for any non warranty expenses.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
T
Not how you want to go about trying to increase boost. The blow of valve is there to release pressure when the throttle closes, it's not a good idea to try and keep it closed longer for the car to retain more boost between shifts. This is how you get turbo surge and can cause damage to the bearings in the turbo.

Really man don't go that route.
The Steeda adaptor will not increase boost so the possibility of damage is nil. Not saying impossible, but highly unlikely. The OP is only looking for sound not performance so this would be an easy mod for him.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does no one else in this thread smell a troll besides me???
downloadtyuk.jpg
Beside you? Right side or left side? Regardless, I can't smell the troll; are you wearing a strong cologne? [/white-hat trolling]

Deleted member

T

The Steeda adaptor will not increase boost so the possibility of damage is nil. Not saying impossible, but highly unlikely. The OP is only looking for sound not performance so this would be an easy mod for him.
Referring to the modifying of the stock DV not the steeda adapter.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GoranRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Goran
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Race Red EcoBoost Premium
Because he comes off as a bit odd, and name calling is an internet tradition. Kids love tradition.
How do I Come o- Ahh, you answered that in a Second reply.

The selfie avatar, the weird going back and forth on font, the "I'm 17 work 4 jobs and own my own business"
I'm actually crying :cwl:

The world could use more of that oddity.
Call Child Protective Services, he's probably working too many hours:cwl:

But yeah, fuck that avatar. @GoranRC change that shit to a pic of the car. None of the old guys here want to look at your face:crackup:

Yeah, I was too busy chasing tail and goofing off with my friends to work more than one job:like:
"Fuck that Avatar" - I actually think I look pretty damn good.- But don't worry I already. have a scheduled shoot with the car!
Sponsored