Sponsored

Blew interior light fuse - vanity lights

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
So I blew a fuse installing LED bulbs in my vanity mirror like an idiot. I figured I would replace the fuse, easy? Just look it up in the manual, right?

Well it turns out that interior lights are not listed ANYWHERE in the fuse diagrams. Some say it's fuse #1, the problem is, there is NOTHING located in #1, like no fuse at all?

What fuse controls the glove box, vanity and trunk lights in a 2018 mustang?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diocletian

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a pic of my passenger fuse box
IMG_20180615_204842.jpg

OP
OP
Diocletian

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figured it out. Turns out that in the 2018s the lights for the trunk, glove box and vanity mirrors must use a capacitor, as their power slowly drains and will only power back on once accessory power is restored. What made this hard to figure out is that this DOES NOT APPLY to the map lights as they are on a separate circuit.

I guess that's a good idea, just wish there was documentation of it. Oh well, hope this helps other 2018+ owners when they are replacing their interior lighting.

Swanny78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I managed to seemingly blow my drivers side map light but passenger still works. Tried known working bulbs and nada. Like you no fuse in location 1. Where is fuse then how do I fix? I assume passenger and driver map lights are also on different fuse?

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
dis old but fyi your interior lights are on a timer. if you leave the door open long enough the lights go off including the glove box light. i thought my fuse was blown when i swapped the gb to led. it just wouldn't come on. closed the passenger door and then reopened it and tada - worked. i checked the fuse and it was fine.

Sponsored

adiesmu5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
YY
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT premium
Figured it out. Turns out that in the 2018s the lights for the trunk, glove box and vanity mirrors must use a capacitor, as their power slowly drains and will only power back on once accessory power is restored. What made this hard to figure out is that this DOES NOT APPLY to the map lights as they are on a separate circuit.

I guess that's a good idea, just wish there was documentation of it. Oh well, hope this helps other 2018+ owners when they are replacing their interior lighting.
Could you expand how did you fix the capacitor? I’m having the exact problem on my 19 GT right now, vanity light trunk light and visor garage door opener is not work at all. Thanks.

OP
OP
Diocletian

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could you expand how did you fix the capacitor? I’m having the exact problem on my 19 GT right now, vanity light trunk light and visor garage door opener is not work at all. Thanks.
I just locked/unlocked the car and turned the key to the ON position

adiesmu5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
YY
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT premium
I just locked/unlocked the car and turned the key to the ON position
Thank you, man. Going to try this out. Wondering what depleted the capacitor, the sunny Florida weather?

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
I have locked, unlocked with fob buttons with the door handle lock and unlock and nothing.
I have no lights for the map, vanity, glove box or trunk.
The interior lights will turn on when I open the door

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
V
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 Range Rover Sport
I managed to seemingly blow my drivers side map light but passenger still works. Tried known working bulbs and nada. Like you no fuse in location 1. Where is fuse then how do I fix? I assume passenger and driver map lights are also on different fuse?
Super old thread, but did you ever figure out a specific fix for your situation? In the same boat, but passenger vanity lights don’t work (driver’s side works flawlessly)

Sponsored

Jaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Edition Mustang GT
Anyone figure this out, my glovebox, map lights and vanity lights don’t work - 2018 with no fuse in location 1.

JRRsix7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1982 Chevrolet K10, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
This is my first post on M6G, but I ran into this issue myself, when installing the DD glovebox light on a 2020 GT Prem. Thought I popped a fuse, but there is no fuse for vanity/glove/trunk light circuit. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes, and this remedied the issue.

As far as the map light goes, these were functional through the whole ordeal. I hope this helps!

Walterleedz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have locked, unlocked with fob buttons with the door handle lock and unlock and nothing.
I have no lights for the map, vanity, glove box or trunk.
The interior lights will turn on when I open the door
Did you ever figure out more of what happened? I have literally the same issue

JRRsix7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1982 Chevrolet K10, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
See my post above yours, disconnect the battery for a few minutes and see if that remedies the issue for you.

Did you ever figure out more of what happened? I have literally the same issue
Sponsored