rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
Hello Everyone,
About a minute into my drive today my infotainment screen just went dark. Has anyone else had this problem? A blown fuse possibly? If so, is the fuse for this under the dash or engine compartment? Thanks.
Jeff
Sponsored

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Believe it or not it happened to me one time when I took my seat belt off. On my next drive with it on all was good.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the comebacks. I’m leaving everything off for now and I’ll see what happens when I restart the car. Thanks.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Well after about an hour I restarted and presto everything was fine. Weird. Have no idea what caused it.

Sponsored

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Was your phone plugged in?

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Well after about an hour I restarted and presto everything was fine. Weird. Have no idea what caused it.
this happened to someone else on the forum just within the last 2 weeks. checked the fuse, it was under the dash, i think it was 12 or 13. the fuse looked fine. he ended up disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and everything went back to normal. he mentioned checking for a bad ground. hopefully you dont run into any further issues.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Was your phone plugged in?
Funny you mention that. It was my son who was driving the car when it happened and he said he had plugged his phone in and that’s about the time the screen went dark. His iPhone is a few years old and he says the charging port is a little loose. Think he needs to upgrade! Anyway maybe that had something to do with it.

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Funny you mention that. It was my son who was driving the car when it happened and he said he had plugged his phone in and that’s about the time the screen went dark. His iPhone is a few years old and he says the charging port is a little loose. Think he needs to upgrade! Anyway maybe that had something to do with it.
the reason I mention it is because a couple of times my screen has gone black and it seems to fix once I unplug my phone and plug it back in. I’m wondering if it’s just a glitch in CarPlay or something. That may not be the case with you but it’s just food for thought.

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
That happened to me several months ago. I immediately called my dealer's service department. The service writer told me that something was probably updating, but I should come in if it persisted. In a little while, everything came back and has functioned normally to this day.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
the reason I mention it is because a couple of times my screen has gone black and it seems to fix once I unplug my phone and plug it back in. I’m wondering if it’s just a glitch in CarPlay or something. That may not be the case with you but it’s just food for thought.
Well it’s certainly as good an explanation as I’ve heard so far. Thanks for in input.

t-zoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1
Happened to me. It was an update processing. Once the system reset itself, it worked fine. Didn’t take long to cycle.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Happened to me. It was an update processing. Once the system reset itself, it worked fine. Didn’t take long to cycle.
That may have been it for me as well. Let it sit for an hour and when I started everything was fine. Had a guy at the dealership tell me if it ever gets stuck on stupid to disconnect battery for a few minutes which I guess resets everything. Thanks

jeff
Sponsored