Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Sync 3 blank screen

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I started the car this morning using the key.

I go to the car a few minutes later and push the start key. I have the LCD dash and it started up just fine. However, the radio/nav screen was blank. I could not change the air/heating, no audio, no backup camera. I turned the car off and on twice at red lights on the way to work but the screen is still blank.

The car has 1800 miles and was purchased on 1/20/18. After searching Google, it seems Sync 3 has been having these issues for a couple of years now :frusty:

It also seems that the dealership is of no help.

Anyone faced this issues and whats the fix?

Thank you all.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance you turned it off? Try hitting the power button inside of the volume knob.

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nagare,

I will give it a try when I get back in the car later today.

Thanks.

ExtraFluffyYo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DIB
This happened to me a few weeks ago. I drove to work in the morning with everything off. Parked and turned car off and on, nothing.

I waited till lunch to try it again, didn't work. End of the work day, I went to my car, opened the door and everything was back to normal.

I don't have a specific fix for this but that was my experience. Only happened that one time in the year and a half I've own my car. Sync 3 is updated with the latest version.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Another option could be pulling the fuse, I want to say it is Fuse 32 on the passenger kick panel, but it has been a while since I went in there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone. I did a couple of things to see if this issue is resolved or will it return. I turned off the Wifi in the car. Disconnect the Bluetooth connection with my phone and started the car and its been working fine. I will see how this works in the long run. After reading some posts it seems that these two items can cause sync 3 to freak out. Not sure as I will see how this fix lasts in the long run.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
The easiest thing to do when this occurs is to perform a hard reset. We would often do them right on the service drive to minimize the time people had to wait when they came in with random and sudden radio issues. Disconnect your negative terminal, disconnect your positive terminal and then touch the two together to help discharge any residual power in the system. Ford says to keep them like that for up to ten minutes but I have found that even a minute or two has often worked in resolving the problem. Something worth trying the next time it happens.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like a faulty APIM module, or best case its in transport mode

OP
OP
gmupatriot

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The easiest thing to do when this occurs is to perform a hard reset. We would often do them right on the service drive to minimize the time people had to wait when they came in with random and sudden radio issues. Disconnect your negative terminal, disconnect your positive terminal and then touch the two together to help discharge any residual power in the system. Ford says to keep them like that for up to ten minutes but I have found that even a minute or two has often worked in resolving the problem. Something worth trying the next time it happens.
Thanks. I will if it occurs again. So far its been good to me.

section30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto Lightning Blue
I started the car this morning using the key.

I go to the car a few minutes later and push the start key. I have the LCD dash and it started up just fine. However, the radio/nav screen was blank. I could not change the air/heating, no audio, no backup camera. I turned the car off and on twice at red lights on the way to work but the screen is still blank.

The car has 1800 miles and was purchased on 1/20/18. After searching Google, it seems Sync 3 has been having these issues for a couple of years now :frusty:

It also seems that the dealership is of no help.

Anyone faced this issues and whats the fix?

Thank you all.
Has happened to me two or three times........each time it did it I turned off the car and opened the door. Worked after that each time. I have no solution but you are not alone.................

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Happened to me too (2016 GT350) and seems like most of the time it resets itself after the car is off and I leave it alone for a while. Come back later, and it works without problems. Weird for sure.
Sponsored